Home
Posted By: ironbender Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 07/30/20
Apparently it’s on FB.

Fella clearing trail last night.
https://www.ktuu.com/2020/07/30/troopers-deadly-bear-mauling-near-hope/
This is why I always carry a 9mm G-19 when in Bear Country...
Originally Posted by Boogaloo

Hollow points?
Posted By: pete53 Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 07/31/20

yes its good to carry a handgun in bear country,myself i like a 44 mag. with lead buffalo bullet ammo.

>sad deal on the bear mauling >god bless
Keeping the brown bear season closed on the Kenai for so many years has created a serious over-abundance....
Posted By: las Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 07/31/20
If he was clearing trail, he was making noise, so WTF? Bet the dog brought it to him. Or he was coming back out the cleared trail in the evening.

Or - chit happens.

Hiked Falls Creek and Ptarmigan Lake trails yesterday and today. Lot's of bear crap. And other hikers.

Not one had spray or a firearm. We had both - wife the spray, I was packing the '94. Coming back down Falls last night after the sun was behind the mountains, and other hikers long gone, I was hot chambered! smile
May have been chain sawing and attacked from behind.

May never know.
Originally Posted by las
If he was clearing trail, he was making noise, so WTF? Bet the dog brought it to him. Or he was coming back out the cleared trail in the evening.

Or - chit happens.

Hiked Falls Creek and Ptarmigan Lake trails yesterday and today. Lot's of bear crap. And other hikers.

Not one had spray or a firearm. We had both - wife the spray, I was packing the '94. Coming back down Falls last night after the sun was behind the mountains, and other hikers long gone, I was hot chambered! smile

We’ve ridden up the res and seen runners in shorts, sneakers, and the omnipresent ear buds.
That’s it. Nothing else.

SMH.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 07/31/20
The youngest and I were just at Hope on Tuesday fishing. Didn’t see any bear or bear sign, but plenty of people.
Posted By: las Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 07/31/20
"We’ve ridden up the res and seen runners in shorts, sneakers, and the omnipresent ear buds.
That’s it. Nothing else."

They might change their minds (then again, maybe not) if they ever see some of the tracks I've found on that trail. My # 10's fit in them.

I suppose it could just have been a clubfoot, but somehow I suspect not...... smile
Posted By: easttex Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 07/31/20
Have they released a name?
Posted By: Hubert Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 07/31/20

That would really pizz a grizzely bear off..
Originally Posted by easttex

Not that Ive seen. Above link should be updated when that is made available.
Posted By: easttex Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 07/31/20
I have a suspicion, but I sure hope I am wrong.
Still nothing posted on the victim...
Originally Posted by Hubert

Yes...I understand that no respectable professional with a good reputation would ever carry such an inadequate piece of crap...but hey, it's all I can afford...
If not a 44 or 45 Colt with 300 gr bullets-then an 1886 or pre-war Model 71 in 450 Alaskan.
The 1920s half-magazine 1886 in 45-70 -nickle steel-will push a Kodiak 400 gr FP
up to 1850-1900 FPS.The extra lightweight Winchester 1886 does'nt weigh but about 6.75 pounds.
Faster than a bolt action for repeat shots. Might be
Appently his dog wasn't much of a deterent!! We have a pair of Karelian Bear Dogs that work wonders around here.
Posted By: las Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/01/20
Let's not assume he wasn't packing.
Posted By: easttex Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/01/20
They still have not named the victim? What's with that?
Posted By: Hubert Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/01/20

Yes...I understand that no respectable professional with a good reputation would ever carry such an inadequate piece of crap...but hey, it's all I can afford...

so you are a professional what? bear guide? or you just trying to be a smart azz?

so you are a professional what? bear guide? or you just trying to be a smart azz?

Sure...in reference to 458Win's incident a while back...I figger everyone here is up on that...
Posted By: dedity Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/02/20
Originally Posted by easttex

According to a poster on another AK site the persons name is Dan Schilling.
Posted By: easttex Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/02/20
That was my fear, but I hate to pass it on without confirmation.
That is what I have heard, also, but without confirmation. Would be very sad if true.

Now that sucks.......

My weapon of choice would be a well tuned short barrel Marlin........

45 Colt...45-70 or the 450.......full nuts loads

Remember 'well tuned'

Or a high cap 10mm semi pistol.....

Every encounter I'm sure is different....how much time would you have ?
Posted By: 458Win Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/02/20
I am waiting to hear a factual report.
And while many on these forums like all the gun pontificating , the fact is that only a gun you have readily available on you is of any use. And a little SIG 9mm on your belt trumps the handcannon you left in the vehicle or set aside while you worked.

As we all know.......

ya need to control that hand cannon to be effective
Originally Posted by 458Win
And while many on these forums like all the gun pontificating , the fact is that only a gun you have readily available on you is of any use. And a little SIG 9mm on your belt trumps the handcannon you left in the vehicle or set aside while you worked.

Yup, and if it was Dan, he was not a novice...
It seems even more tragic to get mauled and killed in a place called Hope.

We all have bear rifles and pistols here but also have bears in the yard on occasion, Our Karelians are a huge help but sometimes one just wanders in from down wind,,my wife got charged cutting fish and was paranoid of hitting the dogs she probably shot to high but the report drove him off. I rarely carry while working around here,, a possible statisic in the making??
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/02/20
Originally Posted by waterrat

We all have bear rifles and pistols here but also have bears in the yard on occasion, Our Karelians are a huge help but sometimes one just wanders in from down wind,,my wife got charged cutting fish and was paranoid of hitting the dogs she probably shot to high but the report drove him off. I rarely carry while working around here,, a possible statisic in the making??

Anything can happen rat, big difference is your smart. That mass between your ears is better than a gun at times
Here in New Jersey we have a bear problem. Leftist governors stopped the bear hunt for 30+ years, and we now have more bears per square mile than anywhere else. A few years ago there was a bear sighting in a park. Hikers came out of the woods and warned another hiker not to go in. He did, and the bear killed him. I just got an email from a buddy living in that same town saying that a man went for a walk leaving his garage door open. A bear went into the garage, probably smelling garbage. The homeowner returned and got mauled by the bear.

A friend of mine shot and killed a black bear during the archery season three years ago. It dressed out at 679.5 lbs. That was less than five miles from where I sit. I live about 20 miles from NYC.
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Here in New Jersey we have a bear problem. Leftist governors stopped the bear hunt for 30+ years, and we now have more bears per square mile than anywhere else. A few years ago there was a bear sighting in a park. Hikers came out of the woods and warned another hiker not to go in. He did, and the bear killed him. I just got an email from a buddy living in that same town saying that a man went for a walk leaving his garage door open. A bear went into the garage, probably smelling garbage. The homeowner returned and got mauled by the bear.

A friend of mine shot and killed a black bear during the archery season three years ago. It dressed out at 679.5 lbs. That was less than five miles from where I sit. I live about 20 miles from NYC.

Start sending them over the bridge....

Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Believe that was the incident in West Milford, NJ. An 82 year old man walked in his garage and was attacked by a black bear that was trying to open his refrigerator. 30 stitches. The bear was believed to have been the one that invaded a few other houses in previous weeks and was found and euthanized. Prime bear territory.
An 813 lb. male black bear taken in Monroe County (just across the Delaware River from NJ) was the largest taken during the 2019 PA season.

A 38 Special right up under his or her chin is better than poking them in them in the eye while their chewing on you.

Sorry to hear about this.

Always had a revolver next to my pillow while hunting in Alaska. Figured a rifle would be of no use if they were standing on it.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/02/20
we all forget to bring that handgun sometimes when we are in the woods and swamps and that`s when this can happen ,i hope for all of us its not a dejavu because i have had that nightmare dream already .
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Like coyotes, a truly opportunistic forager.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/03/20
Originally Posted by pete53
we all forget to bring that handgun sometimes when we are in the woods and swamps and that`s when this can happen ,i hope for all of us its not a dejavu because i have had that nightmare dream already .

I disagree, woods, store, home wear it always, practice often. Anything less is fooling yourself.

mike r
If it was Dan, I really hate to hear it. He always treated me fairly and was a good person to me.
Dave
It was Dan Schilling.
I see they have officially named Dan as the victim... which I had found out earlier this afternoon, too. Bummer...
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - Alaska State Troopers say around 10:07 p.m. Wednesday they were informed of a deadly bear mauling in the Hope area of the Chugach National Forest. On Monday, Troopers identified the victim of the bear attack as 46-year-old Daniel Schilling of Hope.

AST says Schilling was clearing a trail about 1 mile behind his property which is located off mile 8 of the Hope Highway. After some time, Schilling’s wife grew concerned when he didn’t return home and their dog, which had been with him, returned home alone.

“The body was located by family and friends in the area he had been working, deceased with wounds consistent with a bear attack,” troopers wrote in an online dispatch.

Cyndi Wardlow with Alaska Department of Fish and Game said the department is collecting evidence about the mauling. Wardlow says they believe the bear was a brown bear and that if they find the bear, they will put it down.

Fish and Game and the United States Forest Service responded to the scene and a recovery was made just after 1 a.m.

A friend of the victim and a member of the search party told Channel 2 off-camera that the man was an avid, experienced hunter who normally carried a firearm, but it is not clear if he was armed at the time of the attack.

Jack Thomas, another community member in Hope/Sunrise, said bear encounters are always a risk in the area. “Just realize that that same fishing hole you’ve been going to for 20 years... there might be a bear there that sneaks up on you,” Thomas said.

Copyright 2020 KTUU. All rights reserved.

Link above has been updated.
I got quite a bit more information from individuals on the scene and will only say it was probably not a preventable attack and Dan was likely taken totally by surprise.

He was a good guy...
Posted By: MS9x56 Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/14/20
City folks out trying to earn a Darwin award.
Originally Posted by MS9x56

Stupid and inappropriate comment.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/14/20
Originally Posted by MS9x56

53 posts and already on ignore
MS9x56's post shows a reply to "ironbender". Perhaps he was only partway through the thread and hit "reply" to the below post. If so, then maybe some slack is appropriate. If not, then I agree, stupid and inappropriate. I won't make that assumptive jump just yet.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by las

Or - chit happens.

We’ve ridden up the res and seen runners in shorts, sneakers, and the omnipresent ear buds.
That’s it. Nothing else.

SMH.

As to Mr. Schilling, may he R.I.P. Prayers and well-wishes to his family.
IF that had been quoted and then replied to, I agree.

The way it was posted, was as above. So many can’t drive the info superhighway.

I await evidence to the contrary.
IF that had been quoted and then replied to, I agree.

The way it was posted, was as above. So many can’t drive the info superhighway.

I await evidence to the contrary.

I agree on all points. I'm just giving him an opportunity to save face.
There have been two serious maulings in the lower-48 involving Grizzlies. One was outside the West entrance to
Glacier NP, involving a US Forest Svc LawEnf officer on a mtn bike. The other was in the Wind River Range
NE of Yellowstone.

Guide and hunter returned to bull elk claimed by sow grizzly the night before. A Glock pistol (unk caliber)
was carried by them, but thrown short by hunter to guiode.
Bears are fast and unpredictable. I carry a 450 Alaskan on a pre-war Model 71.
Either a heavy revolver or auto is a good idea, with spray.

Bears of all types can be dangerous if surprised or threatened over claimed fish or game.
UPDATE:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - After killing four bears in relation to a fatal bear mauling in Hope, Fish and Game says the samples from one of the bears match DNA collected at the scene of the attack.

The DNA comes from a female black bear, but investigators said DNA from a brown bear was also found at the scene. It is unlikely that both bears were present at the time of the attack, Fish and Game said, so they will continue to collect samples from brown bears.

The bear mauling in Hope happened at the end of July and resulted in the death of 46-year-old Hope resident Daniel Schilling.

Alaska State Troopers said Schilling was clearing a trail a mile from his property, but when his dog returned home without him, family was concerned.

An empty bear spray canister was found at the site of the mauling with the safety removed. Fish and Game said there was no evidence of cubs or a food cache in the area and it is unclear whether the attack was defensive or predatory.

The bear mauling is unusual because DNA from two different bear species was found at the scene. Fish and Game believes a brown bear was responsible for Schilling’s death but that a black bear encountered the body after he had been attacked.

In the search to find the bear, Fish and Game has killed three female black bears and one female brown bear near the location of the mauling. None of the bears were with cubs.

Since the location of the attack is “remote with challenging terrain and limited access,” Fish and Game said the department does not have further plans to conduct field operations in the area. The department will continue to collect DNA samples for brown bears that are harvested or killed to match against DNA collected at the site.

Copyright 2020 KTUU. All rights reserved.

https://www.ktuu.com/2020/08/18/1-o...ling-in-hope-matches-dna-from-the-scene/
First mention of spray... does not look like it worked and may be why they have not mentioned it previously.
Originally Posted by 450Fuller
There have been two serious maulings in the lower-48 involving Grizzlies. One was outside the West entrance to
Glacier NP, involving a US Forest Svc LawEnf officer on a mtn bike. The other was in the Wind River Range
NE of Yellowstone.

Guide and hunter returned to bull elk claimed by sow grizzly the night before. A Glock pistol (unk caliber)
was carried by them, but thrown short by hunter to guiode.
Bears are fast and unpredictable. I carry a 450 Alaskan on a pre-war Model 71.
Either a heavy revolver or auto is a good idea, with spray.

Bears of all types can be dangerous if surprised or threatened over claimed fish or game.

Just two? What time frame?
The Wyoming fatality was last year. Montana fatal mauling -2018. I monitor these incidents and was in Glacier -talked to the
Park Director. In Calgary, BC the North American PhD. who is on the Inter-Agency Bear Committee for the
InterMtn area is Dr. Stephen Herrero. He wrote the book - Bear Attacks-Their Causes and Avoidance.

Books are fine but he also has spent a lot of time in the bush.

I prefer a heavy revolver because the action forces the shooter to
take careful aim-no guarantee of repeat shots. IF a handgun must be carried. Rifle is much better.

A good lever action Winchester or Marlin in 45-70, 348, or 450 AK
is the way to travel IMHO. They are much faster to get into action
than a bolt rifle-and they can deliver faster repeat shots.
A grizzly is a very fast animal-they can catch a quarter horse inside of 100 yards.
Best to carry something heavy and fast.
This spot reserved for Sd.
The Wyoming fatality was last year. Montana fatal mauling -2018. I monitor these incidents and was in Glacier -talked to the
Park Director. In Calgary, BC the North American PhD. who is on the Inter-Agency Bear Committee for the
InterMtn area is Dr. Stephen Herrero. He wrote the book - Bear Attacks-Their Causes and Avoidance.

take careful aim-no guarantee of repeat shots. IF a handgun must be carried. Rifle is much better.

A grizzly is a very fast animal-they can catch a quarter horse inside of 100 yards.

Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Herrero ever had a clue he was playing a board game and was just past a toddler!

The antipathy I feel for that POS is without measure. He had an agenda and ran with it as only a clueless POS can.

You are dead wrong on your numbers, incidents, chronology, and every other aspect of bears in the intermountain West.

But, please do regale us with your cluelessness by adding makes and models usually found leaning against a tree at attack sites...

Bastid!

Schitstirrer!

Several passes have been made at pretending SH had done anything other than plagiarize and pretend for other clueless, agenda-driven, POS "biologists" and frankly he can GFH!
What an exciting professional response. I prefer real bear commentary from those who hunt them, like my personal friend-Phil Shoemaker in Wasila and the Interior.
Have you encountered the small round dark pellets left by deer, even sitka deer? I suggest you read my thoughts while you chew a few with your coffee.
It definitely appears you spend a lot of time at the computer, but not around bears or knowledgeable hunters, biologists or guides. Ever heard of the Craigheads or William Wright?
Sign your posts so that you get full credit for your departures into fact-less commentary.
HR M
Lt Colonel-USA-R (Khe Sanh-71-72) MACVSOG-5th SpecialForces Gp(ABN)-10th SFG(ABN)-7th SFG(ABN)
Vietnam 70-72
SFA-LIFE
SOA-LIFE
NRA-LIFE

Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Bastid!

Schitstirrer!

I know you are not a Herrero fanboi.
What an exciting professional response. I prefer real bear commentary from those who hunt them, like my personal friend-Phil Shoemaker in Wasila and the Interior.
Have you encountered the small round dark pellets left by deer, even sitka deer? I suggest you read my thoughts while you chew a few with your coffee.
It definitely appears you spend a lot of time at the computer, but not around bears or knowledgeable hunters, biologists or guides. Ever heard of the Craigheads or William Wright?
Sign your posts so that you get full credit for your departures into fact-less commentary.
HR M
Lt Colonel-USA-R (Khe Sanh-71-72) MACVSOG-5th SpecialForces Gp(ABN)-10th SFG(ABN)-7th SFG(ABN)
Vietnam 70-72
SFA-LIFE
SOA-LIFE
NRA-LIFE

Please, do continue... or perhaps you can do a search here. You might even find enough information to understand I once saw a bear.

Arguments to authority do not mean squat. Your military background has absolutely nothing to do with your bear knowledge or experience or basic credentials.

Herrero has two versions of his "best seller" out there. He was jumped on by lots of folks for his agenda and bad facts and rewrote the book. Sadly, he did not do the basic courtesy of changing the title. Many quote from his book without realizing they are spouting nonsense from the first edition.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8930755/1
The real subject is not about Herrero, who is just a college professor-and may be a Canadian liberal.

It is about bear encounters and bears: black or brown with teeth and claws.
That you displayed no specific knowledge of the two fatal attacks outside National parks: Glacier
and the Wind River Range NE of Yellowstone speaks volumes. I never argue with a fool or wrestle with
a hog. You just get dirty and the idiot pig has a good time. Take a .22 and bear spray into the bush if you wish.
I guarantee you the family of the man killed near Hope wish he had taken a heavy handgun with him, at least.
He apparently had enough time to empty a can of spray. You need a backup firearm with authority.

Credibility is like virginity, once you lose it-it ain't coming back.

Sign your posts.
Many, many folks here have fished, hunted, boated, or spent time around me. Hundreds, in fact. Any and all argument to authority is meritless. I have seen the insides of a lot more bears than most. I even knew Dan, the victim. I skinned the better part of 6 black bears this spring. If you have a disagreement with my statements, tell me what they are. Suggesting Herrero is a valid source indicates you believe him. That proves your information is not from personal experience. Got it?
Was dan only armed with spray? That article was the first indication of any protection (such as it is) I have heard/read.
Posted By: las Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/20/20
I haven't seen any mention of anything other than an empty can of spray.
Originally Posted by las

The empty spray can was probably found late in the search of the area...
Did you trap those blacks or poison them? Reading your comments, my guess is that in a tight spot , an interior griz is gonna skin you .
Sign your posts, so that I will know when you are on the trail anywhere near me. You being a fan of Herrero and his expertise.
It looks like you would'nt know an 1886 from the front end of a 450 Alaskan.

Got it, pilgrim?
Did you trap those blacks or poison them? Reading your comments, my guess is that in a tight spot , an interior griz is gonna skin you .
Sign your posts, so that I will know when you are on the trail anywhere near me. You being a fan of Herrero and his expertise.

Got it, pilgrim?

Hey you in bottom of the hole! You can stop digging now!
Originally Posted by las

The empty spray can was probably found late in the search of the area...

OR... finding it did not fit the official agenda and was not announced until later...
HR M
Vietnam 70-72
SFA-LIFE
SOA-LIFE
NRA-LIFE

Sir:

I don't know either you or Sitka Deer,

However I've read this thread, and nothing you say makes any sense. You've contradicted yourself from post to post.

I ask you this: how many bears have you killed?

How many bears have you even been face to face with?

(BTW, black bears in the garbage don't count, we've ALL been there)

JM
SSGT/TSGT- R (OEF, OEF-P, OIF, OND)

B-1/61 INF
B-1/222 AVN
D-1/207 AVN
B1-207 AVN
206 CBCS
332 ECS
249 AS
816 AS
144 AS
22 YEAR ALASKAN

On a side note, 99.9% of those claiming to be 5th GP MACV-SOG are %ing liars... any way you care to vet your claims?

Posted By: Judman Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/21/20
I got quite a bit more information from individuals on the scene and will only say it was probably not a preventable attack and Dan was likely taken totally by surprise.

He was a good guy...

But no reliable info about the empty bear spray can? You poor stupid lying fuuck... Been stealing anymore stocks?? 2 of the biggest culls via 24 hr campfire, art and Larry are from Alaska, who'da thunk??
Originally Posted by LoadClear
HR M
Vietnam 70-72
SFA-LIFE
SOA-LIFE
NRA-LIFE

Sir:

I don't know either you or Sitka Deer,

However I've read this thread, and nothing you say makes any sense. You've contradicted yourself from post to post.

I ask you this: how many bears have you killed?

How many bears have you even been face to face with?

(BTW, black bears in the garbage don't count, we've ALL been there)

JM
SSGT/TSGT- R (OEF, OEF-P, OIF, OND)

B-1/61 INF
B-1/222 AVN
D-1/207 AVN
B1-207 AVN
206 CBCS
332 ECS
249 AS
816 AS
144 AS
22 YEAR ALASKAN

On a side note, 99.9% of those claiming to be 5th GP MACV-SOG are %ing liars... any way you care to vet your claims?

I have no idea who you are or if anything you say can be vetted... But I have gotten emails, phone calls, and a bunch more contacts from people saying he is FOS and typical "stolen valor" trash. Several obvious points stand out.to many. Several are trying to figure out who "Mr Transparent" is. Because of your call out and this response and the probability of stolen valor... you figure it out! wink
Originally Posted by Judman

He was a good guy...

But no reliable info about the empty bear spray can? You poor stupid lying fuuck... Been stealing anymore stocks?? 2 of the biggest culls via 24 hr campfire, art and Larry are from Alaska, who'da thunk??
Judman
You have been on ignore for a long time and you know this because of the note you get when you attempt to PM me. You are not worth pissing on, especially in light of the possibility you may be on fire and it would be of benefit to your throat. Though you do so mightily crave micturition, especially when "live streamed!"

Without looking I know you are bad-mouthing me because I have lived and done things where and how you can never dream nor imagine doing them.

I know far more about you than you can imagine, because I fell for the idea you were worthy. I was wrong, very wrong. You are a pathetic piece of trash fueled by a position of authority. And the need for a prisoner to express Stockholm syndrome.

There is much more I could say, but frankly, you are not even close to worthy. I promise to never open nor respond to another post of yours. Please give me the same courtesy. Should you fail I might start posting specific facts and incidents. At your best you are not worth pissing on.
Posted By: Judman Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/21/20
Ol lyin Art, never pm’d you ever, typical for you though, lying thief...

Got it, pilgrim?

Ignorance and arrogance is a dangerous combination. How did you ever get out of junior high?
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
How did you ever get out of junior high?

You assume he got out.
Posted By: Judman Re: Fatal Bear Mauling In Hope - 08/23/20
Judman
You have been on ignore for a long time and you know this because of the note you get when you attempt to PM me. You are not worth pissing on, especially in light of the possibility you may be on fire and it would be of benefit to your throat. Though you do so mightily crave micturition, especially when "live streamed!"

Without looking I know you are bad-mouthing me because I have lived and done things where and how you can never dream nor imagine doing them.

I know far more about you than you can imagine, because I fell for the idea you were worthy. I was wrong, very wrong. You are a pathetic piece of trash fueled by a position of authority. And the need for a prisoner to express Stockholm syndrome.

There is much more I could say, but frankly, you are not even close to worthy. I promise to never open nor respond to another post of yours. Please give me the same courtesy. Should you fail I might start posting specific facts and incidents. At your best you are not worth pissing on.

Appreciate the love, though allegedly the rumor\hearsay runs deep via the fire. I was under the impression you haven't liked me since I joined in, 08... I remember a gent from my childhood, say, 40 years ago, very clear, gents name was John Estep, RIP. John told me, jud, believe none of what you hear, and half of what you you see.... I still believe that..

Art I !ove the alleged research, but, be advised, I've received pm's , as well, about your practices as well... The simple fact of the matter is, 99% of my huntin has been with 1guy, and he sure as fuuck don't waste his time here... Want some real info, might wanna look at some 4x4 forums, as he's a wheeler... He uses a Why UL 270 Roy runnin a leupold that flat hurts shiit...

So, you first, I'll follow the rumor mill up....😂😎🖕

Sheeeeeit
(There have been two serious maulings in the lower-48 involving Grizzlies. One was outside the West entrance to
NE of Yellowstone.)

There were several fatal bear attacks near Yellowstone when I worked there for the Park Service around 86 in a 2 year period, we heard an after attack report on the Park Service radios. Having worked for the Park Service I would not always trust the FACTS as told by the experts. IMHO!

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/injuries.htm

I don't live anywhere close to Alaska, but will pray for Dan, his family and friends concerning this tragedy.
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
I don't live anywhere close to Alaska, but will pray for Dan, his family and friends concerning this tragedy.

They very much appreciate it, I am certain.
Originally Posted by kk alaska
(There have been two serious maulings in the lower-48 involving Grizzlies. One was outside the West entrance to
NE of Yellowstone.)

There were several fatal bear attacks near Yellowstone when I worked there for the Park Service around 86 in a 2 year period, we heard an after attack report on the Park Service radios. Having worked for the Park Service I would not always trust the FACTS as told by the experts. IMHO!

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/injuries.htm

Wait! I read on the internet there were only two!?!?!?!?

But Mr Transparent is not backing up the claims and has not been uncovered...
© 24hourcampfire