Home
I picked up a couple of left over draw tags this spring and have been waiting to hear something definite back from Jim at Golden Eagle about flying into the Little Delta River, Delta Creek, or Dry Creek. So far he hasn't been able to commit to flying my partner and I in due to guides in the area and uncertain military range status. I've read about folks ferrying wheelers across the Tanana and running the Little Delta bed, but it sounds like there's a good chance of being stuck behind high water. I have 8 days off to use, so I'm rather hesitant to take the wheeler route.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for a safe ride into that country?

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/hunting/maps/huntmaps/pdf/dm772.pdf
Call me. I think that’s what a couple friends had a few years ago.
I know several groups that launch from the Big Delta bridge and land ATVs in various areas off the Tanana in that region.
It's quite popular!
Have you checked with Wright Air service in Fairbanks? I've flown into the Wood River area with them in the past.
Golden Eagle is a pretty good outfit. They worked out of Kotzebue when I was there, and did a lot of flying for us- taking school cafeteria supplies out to the various villages, and other air taxi jobs. Really really good at packing an airplane! smile

Can't make a living just on hunting season.

Good Luck Jesse.
© 24hourcampfire