Home
Posted By: yosey retirement hunt - 09/10/20
I am retiring next summer after almost 40 years in healthcare. My wife is sending me on a hunt to celebrate. I have always wanted a mountain goat. Anyone have recommendations on outfitters and/or location?
Posted By: FishinHank Re: retirement hunt - 09/10/20
Put in for DG006, if you don't draw that there are plenty of over the counter tags in the Mistys.
Posted By: Calvin Re: retirement hunt - 09/10/20
I would go kodiak for a guided goat hunt.
Posted By: Judman Re: retirement hunt - 09/10/20
Originally Posted by Calvin

This
Posted By: T_Inman Re: retirement hunt - 09/10/20
Goats are not native to Kodiak, if that has any bearing on your decision. If that's something that you're not concerned with, then by all means, look into Kodiak.

Its got great opportunity and it often is relatively easy terrain, as far as mountain goat country goes.
Posted By: KC Re: retirement hunt - 09/10/20
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Calvin

This

A few years ago, I flew over the mountains southwest from Kodiak, on the way to Santa Flavia Bay. The hilltops were crawling with goats. If you are a nonresident, then you have to hire a guide to hunt mountain goats.

Posted By: test1328 Re: retirement hunt - 09/10/20
Contact Dennis Zadra of Lonesome Dove Outfitters. He has an excellent area for goats and a great success record for big goats.

FYI, Dennis is a friend of mine who I've hunted with many times, but never for goats. But I've sent a bunch of people his way for goats over the years and no one has ever been disappointed.
© 24hourcampfire