Home
Posted By: 79S Holy smokes - 11/13/20
Wow this is quite the read and kudos to Dan Sullivan taking the high road.

https://mustreadalaska.com/in-memoriam-from-gross-to-grotesque-a-campaign-of-profound-dishonesty/

As one politico put it, Alan Gross was “born in the wake of an avalanche and his political career ended in the wake of a landslide.”

From the start, it was obvious the Alan Gross campaign was going to go negative against Sen. Dan Sullivan, who is completing his first term as Alaska’s U.S. senator.
Porcaro

But just how negative he would go was difficult to gauge last year, when Gross began his unlikely quest for the Senate.

No one could guess it could get so ugly or so personal. Gross and his third party helpers such as the Lincoln Project spent $36 million — more money than any candidate in Alaska Senate race history. Sullivan and third party helper groups had just $16 million to fight off the attacks. In the end, Gross in 2020 will end up with just 41 percent of the vote.
Posted By: Marbles Re: Holy smokes - 11/13/20
I got enough junk in my mail box from both of those two (and read it), the high road is not an appropriate description for either of their campaigns.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Holy smokes - 11/13/20
Gross al can now go back to Cali, and Alice can go riot in Portland with her daughter.

Good riddance.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Holy smokes - 11/13/20
36 million for 41% of the vote... buying the next 9% is going to be more expensive per vote... so will they be throwing an additional 36 million down in 6 years?
Soros don’t care what it costs.
Posted By: JimInAK Re: Holy smokes - 11/13/20

I suspect we will see grotesque Al back in 2 years. Especially if Murcowski retires. If Ballot Measure 2 stands, who knows what types of new shenanigans will play out.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Holy smokes - 11/13/20
Just saw prop 2 is passing by 500 votes. I doubt 1 voter in 100 can explain it...
Posted By: JimInAK Re: Holy smokes - 11/13/20
I would like to know how BM2 even got on the ballot as written. It clearly violates the single subject statute. Every advertisement I saw for it (paid for by some outfit in Denver CO) stated it was about keeping dark money out. Not once did I hear anything about ranked choice voting. Plenty of low information voters obviously fell for the ploy.
Posted By: 79S Re: Holy smokes - 11/13/20
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Just saw prop 2 is passing by 500 votes. I doubt 1 voter in 100 can explain it...

Bingo.. all people heard was campaign finance reform blah blah.. Not once did any ads mention rank choice voting. People are ph ucking idiots.. unfortunately mike picaro fell for the lie as well. I suspect after people get a taste of this chit it will be repealed.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Or the proponents. It was 27ish? pages long. JFC.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Holy smokes - 11/13/20
Rank choice voting, why? That’s got to be the most stupid thing I’ve heard, unfortunately Libertarians supported it. Then they wonder why I don’t vote Libertarian.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Holy smokes - 11/24/20
Libertarians try. Bless their heart like twig says....
Posted By: las Re: Holy smokes - 11/24/20
Gross and his third party helpers such as the Lincoln Project spent $36 million — more money than any candidate in Alaska Senate race history.

Kinda makes one wonder about expected bennies, don't it?
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Holy smokes - 11/25/20
The Lincoln Project didn't do anything for the Democrats except take their money, which I think is hilarious but they are nothing but a bunch of grifters and conmen.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Holy smokes - 11/25/20
What is rank choice voting?
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Holy smokes - 11/25/20
Originally Posted by TBREW401
What is rank choice voting?

Another way to put women and minorities in office. Makes it easier to hide fraud.

https://time.com/5718941/ranked-choice-voting/
© 24hourcampfire