Home
Posted By: mart What's up with Alaska List - 01/22/21
I tried posting an ad on Alaska List today but their posting form to describe the item doesn't come up. I tried emailing but as is standard for them they do not return emails. Anyone know what's up with posting ads there? Are they pushing an update?
Posted By: mart Re: What's up with Alaska List - 01/22/21
For what it's worth I was going to offer some primers to trade. I am offering 1000 CCI 550, 1000 CCI 350, 1000 CCI 450 and 1000 Winchester WLRM for 4000 standard small pistol. I prefer CCI 500's but would take just about any brand.
Posted By: OAM Re: What's up with Alaska List - 01/22/21
I posted a rifle on Alaska list for sale. That part was easy. It sold in roughly two weeks. I deleted the ad. Two days later they asked me to renew the ad through email. Then I started getting texts about renewing it. I would get texts from them at all hours for three months. Their customer service was terrible and I won't sell on there ever again.
Posted By: Pittu Re: What's up with Alaska List - 01/22/21
The guy that runs Alaska list is a first class douche bag. That has been well-established.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: What's up with Alaska List - 01/22/21
Agreed. And it's a shame, because it could have been a great site. I blocked the number so I wouldn't get his texts.
I paid for a premium ad a while back, went to update it to change the price, and it said editing disabled. This was 2 days into a 14 day ad. They’ve yet to answer any of the countless texts/emails I’ve sent the only “contact us” methods they provide.

I do still get texts and emails from them every day, multiple times a day, about ads that have expired.
Dealing with Alaska's List is some thing I try to avoid. If I do that I cuss less and etc. It's like hey, who is minding the store?
Posted By: mart Re: What's up with Alaska List - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by mart
For what it's worth I was going to offer some primers to trade. I am offering 1000 CCI 550, 1000 CCI 350, 1000 CCI 450 and 1000 Winchester WLRM for 4000 standard small pistol. I prefer CCI 500's but would take just about any brand.

Thanks to 79S I now only have 3000 to trade. He took my CCI 550s. Another 24HCF good guy.
Originally Posted by Pittu
The guy that runs Alaska list is a first class douche bag. That has been well-established.

Is he from Chehalis Wa? Seems there are not just a few asshats from that local......😉
Originally Posted by bearhuntr

Is he from Chehalis Wa? Seems there are not just a few asshats from that local......😉

🤣🤣🤣

Just found out yesterday what you said is an understatement!
Seems like this type of classifieds are fringe operations. Ours in Phx got shut down for selling sex. I imagine the prosecutorial threshold is a bit, uh, higher in AK smile

Alaskalist makes Craigslist look legit ...
I recently paid for a featured ad on there and ultimately sold the gun somewhere else. The ad expired over a month ago. I’ve been getting emails and texts from them every day about this ad. Today I figured I’d click the link to see what’s going on and if I could just delete it (even though it’s expired and no longer active), and now these clowns want you to pay them to delete the ad. The information says you agree to update emails/texts and that they’re just doing their part to make sure you know it requires attention!

Paying to DELETE the ad, now! Amazing...
I have contacted them for the ad link which has the delete option
I sold a few things on there recently. And yes, when you posted the Ad there was a link to delete the ad when it was sold, or expired. Just go in and do it yourself and there's no cost, and no more snotty emails.
I would delete my ad even if this wasn't the case, just to stop the texts or calls asking if the idem was still available.
Several months ago I attempted to post an add for a rifle, then after seeing what they wanted to charge, I decided against it, so my add never got posted. Well, ever since then, I've been getting emails from them to pay for my add. I've gone in to try and delete it, (kind of strange to have to delete an add that never was posted in the first place), but they won't let me delete it because I never paid for it to begin with. WTF! I should have never even considered posting there in the first place, lesson learned. I guess I'll just continue to delete their request for payments that show up in my inbox every three to five days now.
Originally Posted by AK_Troutbum
Several months ago I attempted to post an add for a rifle, then after seeing what they wanted to charge, I decided against it, so my add never got posted. Well, ever since then, I've been getting emails from them to pay for my add. I've gone in to try and delete it, (kind of strange to have to delete an add that never was posted in the first place), but they won't let me delete it because I never paid for it to begin with. WTF! I should have never even considered posting there in the first place, lesson learned. I guess I'll just continue to delete their request for payments that show up in my inbox every three to five days now.
Just block them.
Posted By: aaron10 Re: What's up with Alaska List - 04/25/21
Man I never posted on alaska list tried to post 2 boxes of bullets on free ads today and he suspends the ad automatically to trys to charge me to the pay option. Wont post my ad but expects 1.89 to delete it from their servers. Sends me like 4 pages in bullshit texts calling me a communist. What is up this guys ass. Is that how their service works when they offer post add for free option. I paid his stupid 1.89 but told him Id give his site a good [bleep] review on all gun websites so he loses all business.
Posted By: Hudge Re: What's up with Alaska List - 04/26/21
Aaron10, try this one https://gunsalaska.com/
I still get calls on a stove ...I sold four years ago ..about the time they started this dollar 49 get your ad off their list chit.
Originally Posted by aaron10
Man I never posted on alaska list tried to post 2 boxes of bullets on free ads today and he suspends the ad automatically to trys to charge me to the pay option. Wont post my ad but expects 1.89 to delete it from their servers. Sends me like 4 pages in bullshit texts calling me a communist. What is up this guys ass. Is that how their service works when they offer post add for free option. I paid his stupid 1.89 but told him Id give his site a good [bleep] review on all gun websites so he loses all business.

He/she only called you a communist? You got off easy. I swear he/she or whatever they identify as, is snorting coke or smoking crack....while typing out the texts and email. I got called a lot worse for changing my mind on posting my ad.
© 24hourcampfire