Home
Posted By: 60n148w Chemo holding cancer at Bay - 06/10/21
Last Doc appointment and blood work showed nothing new, next pet scan in Sept.

Both eyes cataract surgery went well,Doc said I could withstand some recoil . I did a couple of range sessions with a 243 and 270 ,nothing came unhinged.

I got my boat ready to go down to Bender Country and capture some Oncorhynchus Nerka.
screw the doc 's get u some more fun in !
Great news post some pics of the fishing trip!
Dave. I hope you are doing well. Valdez is one of the prettiest places on earth but my they have cancer. You know my Cousin-in-Law Ronal Langseth who was also a shop teacher at Valdez until his retirement has been fighting with it tooth and nail. He is pretty young too. Larry Hodges who runs Hook, Line and Sinker has also been fighting against it. It is just a bad deal but you live in a very pretty place with good fishing and hunting so I hope you are enjoying it. I am still teaching in Fairbanks and am still teaching this summer at Summer School. Retirement looms in the clouds as I have 26 years in. Via Con Dios Amigo.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
screw the doc 's get u some more fun in !

you find screwing docs fun?
Originally Posted by 60n148w

Both eyes cataract surgery went well,Doc said I could withstand some recoil . I did a couple of range sessions with a 243 and 270 ,nothing came unhinged.

I got my boat ready to go down to Bender Country and capture some Oncorhynchus Nerka.

that should help your eyesight!
One thing for sure ,my rifle scopes are a lot brighter!
Glad to hear this good news. Hope it continues!
Excellent... Great news..
68 My wife and I were teachers.. We went to Alaska in 75 and spent most of the summer there.. I loved it, but in the end liked the plains and varmint hunting in Wyoming.. I have been back several times, and would like to make one more trip .. Who knows, might even get it done...
Excellent... Great news..
68 My wife and I were teachers.. We went to Alaska in 75 and spent most of the summer there.. I loved it, but in the end liked the plains and varmint hunting in Wyoming.. I have been back several times, and would like to make one more trip .. Who knows, might even get it done...
Originally Posted by 60n148w

I want some sockeyes! Glad to hear you are winning the fight! I used to raise them up at Gulkana, fun times!
Posted By: mart Re: Chemo holding cancer at Bay - 06/11/21
Great news.
Posted By: Hogeye Re: Chemo holding cancer at Bay - 06/15/21
Glad to hear it. I've had cancer and cataracts, and I'm doing fine. Hope you keep doing the same.
Just got the results back on my CT scan, still holding that Black Malt Topper at bay. I really pushed this summer, spent 3 weeks dipping reds, put around 450 in the boat, and 1 seal in a dip net. Went to Iowa for 3 weeks to visit my son and family and fish some of the waters of my younger years.

Again thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

Fair Winds and following Seas.
Very cool! Hoping the luck and skills of all involved hold!
© 24hourcampfire