Home
Posted By: MuskegMan T.A.G. Bags for Sheep - 07/22/21

For those that have used them, what size and qty do you recommend for a sheep hunt?
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: T.A.G. Bags for Sheep - 07/22/21
I use 3; the smallest size for the straps and loins; and two of the next size up for the hinds (1) and fronts, neck, flank, and rib(1). If you want to carry a fourth bag you can separate the hinds.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: T.A.G. Bags for Sheep - 07/22/21

Thx. I was thinking 3 of the next size up (18" x 30") and calling it good.

The three smallest sizes are 14x20 14x30 and 18x30, You're saying 1 ea 14x20 and 2 ea 14x30 works adequately?
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: T.A.G. Bags for Sheep - 07/22/21
I can measure tonight but Iā€™m pretty sure that is correct; I know the 14x20 is. You could even skip the small bag and put the strap and loins in with the hinds but I really prefer to keep them separate.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: T.A.G. Bags for Sheep - 07/26/21
I like to have 5-6. They don't weigh anything anyway, and it helps keep things separate.

We mostly leave them on the bone though, and that makes it tougher to combine bags.
Posted By: Dans40X Re: T.A.G. Bags for Sheep - 07/29/21
For a Rookie-
A de-boned sheep/goat will fit into-
3 Pillow cases w/ 5/50 cord draw string.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: T.A.G. Bags for Sheep - 07/29/21
Muskeg,
Apologize for the delay. The larger size is 20x34 ā€¦ and made by caribou gear šŸ˜¬šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø.
Sorry about that. Thought they were T.A.G.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: T.A.G. Bags for Sheep - 08/03/21
I use the smaller T.A.G. bags for sheep and usually carry a full set so I can swap them out, wash the dirty bags and let them air dry, been doing it that way for over 20 years.
© 24hourcampfire