Home
Many beautiful photos of Super Cubs and remote Alaska.

https://shaunlunt.typepad.com/shootings/2007/05/index.html
A shame, great photos, led a pretty admirable short life. But, there ain't no old bold pilots. You are betting your life on the internal combustion engine when you push STOL to the very limits.
This is awesome. Such beautiful photos and places. Wish you well and God bless
I really enjoyed this, thanks alot.
Nice pics. Aviation, even back country flying, can really be pretty safe but it's unforgiving of sloppiness.

https://www.akfatal.net/Lunt%2006-06-08.htm
Bud Helmricks said in his book, "Bush Pilot" that "one can play cat and mouse with Alaska's weather. Just remember who is mouse."

That might be paraphrased a bit.
That young man did in one summer what took me 50+ years to see driving Super Cubs.
https://www.alaskapublic.org/2008/0...-in-crash-troopers-seeking-second-pilot/

That was a sad day.
Hunting sheep in the Alaska range I walked up a pass. At the top was the wreckage of a plane that made an error.
I was going to take the piece of dash , but left it instead.
I always wondered who it was and what happened.
Some of those Passes have a dozen or more wrecked planes. One looks like a junk yard. There are planes up there full of humans, that it was too dangerous to access the crash site.
Definitely worth clicking the link and looking at the photos and his website. Just amazing country.
Tag[to spend more time checking out the photography].
Thanks for posting the link.

ALASKA IS ON MY BUCKET LIST !

Dirty Harry
Sad to see. Those are some really amazing pictures though, it looks even better in person. My wife and I just honeymooned all over the Kenai Peninsula. Some of these places look very familiar.
superb!
nice picture...thanks for sharing
Seeing is not experiencing
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter

So very true.......
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter

It can be, if you spend 40+ Years flying your own Super Cubs, and your employers Super Cubs all over Alaska, and ferrying aircraft back and forth from the lower 48.

(You also get to experience heart stopping fear, plus "experience" the thrill of crashing three times)
Originally Posted by AGL4now

It can be, if you spend 40+ Years flying your own Super Cubs, and your employers Super Cubs all over Alaska, and ferrying aircraft back and forth from the lower 48.

(You also get to experience heart stopping fear, plus "experience" the thrill of crashing three times)

I think he was referring to experiencing the backcountry rather than the experience of flying over it..
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I think he was referring to experiencing the backcountry rather than the experience of flying over it..

Oh......Experiencing like living on majestic "Lake Clark" or like homesteading 50 years ago in the "Clearwater Country" by the headwaters of the Mighty Susitna River.......???

Oh......Experiencing like living on majestic "Lake Clark" or like homesteading 50 years ago on the headwaters of the Mighty Susitna River.......???

Although I wouldn't call the Susitna "mighty" in the way of the Mississippi, but yeah........

But it doesn't appear Mr Lunt spent much time too far away from his airplane, and he was 33 years old when he died, so I don't think he spent 50 years anywhere.....at least not yet.
The Devils Canyon section of the Susitna River.......is quite mighty.
If you live down south and aren't a millionaire, you'll never "see" Alaska. Its way too big for the normal guy to see all of it
© 24hourcampfire