Home
Posted By: atvalaska Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
Five Below an snow falling to near a foot on Saturday morning.........come Sunday .46 above... raining all day...still pouring rain .....life is not good~..
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
I just read that the roof collapsed at the IGA in Delta. Sounds like the same happened to a gas station there as well. Sounds real ugly.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
Well, it’s been freezing rain here since about 5 pm. The wife and I went and picked the youngest up from work. The Parks isn’t too bad, but side roads are slick.
Posted By: AGL4now Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
This is harder on the wild animals then us. Once this refreezes, the wolves will run on top, and the game animals will break through. The ice crust will cut their legs with every step. Especially hard on the Sheep and Goats. Lots of starvation.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
Hell of a mess here in Delta. Two friends out of business.

This will most likely take a toll on wildlife.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
That sucks. Its just weather and it happens from time to time, but its rough on people and rougher on wildlife.,

At least the people have a month or more of food stocked up and as long as the housing holds life will be ok.

Wildlife has it much tougher.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
Delta... the iga .. there goes my deep fried gizzards...and a chance see a young Russian lady to peer at ...
Posted By: VernAK Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
55 employees out of work

IGA is where you could always bump into a neighbor......an integral part of the community.

Some folks are talking of driving to 3 Bears in Tok rather than put up with Fairbanks roads and traffic.

My friends have power restored.but the NW wind just climbed to 30+ mph.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
No bueno.
Posted By: 79S Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
Originally Posted by VernAK
55 employees out of work

IGA is where you could always bump into a neighbor......an integral part of the community.

Some folks are talking of driving to 3 Bears in Tok rather than put up with Fairbanks roads and traffic.

My friends have power restored.but the NW wind just climbed to 30+ mph.

I’m surprised 3 bears hasn’t moved into delta yet..
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
My Fbks nephew and his wife left Talketna before noon yesterday. Overnighted in the car in Healy due to road conditions. They just got home a few minutes ago. 5 1/2 hours to drive the 115 miles.

My Fbks son had left Talkeetna 24 hours earlier, around 3 - made it home just after midnight. 273 miles in 9 1/2 hours in an old Taurus.
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
Fatal house fire in Delta?
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
No wind and 13 above at noon here/ rite now ...what ever way I left stuff while plowing is now going to be that way the rest of winter....or a payloader shows up.........can see about 60 to 70 miles out the windows...unlike lasts weeks mile or two... studs on my wheeler rock tho...
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
I'm in Fox, north of Fairbanks and we got dumped on with about 18" of wet snow. It is 20 above now so plowing with my wheeler is an option, unlike yesterday when the snow was just too wet and heavy and constantly coming down.

That was a pretty good dump, about like last April's surprise snowstorm.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I'm in Fox, north of Fairbanks and we got dumped on with about 18" of wet snow. It is 20 above now so plowing with my wheeler is an option, unlike yesterday when the snow was just too wet and heavy and constantly coming down.

Tiny, what do you do with yourself while you’re inside waiting for it to thaw?

🤷🏽‍♀️🦫
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/27/21
I spank it, and act as if I am teleworking. Play on the 'fire. Beer usually is close by, once I am coffee'd out. Never a dull moment.

That, and I have two wolverine pelts thawing, ready to be fleshed and dried.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/28/21
Originally Posted by las
Fatal house fire in Delta?

A week ago....very tragic loss for friends!
Posted By: MTDan Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/29/21
Yeah, this weather is the worst. Made the mistake of shoveling the driveway before the rain was done. Now it's an ice rink.

Trapline was totally out of commission. Made it out to pull all my sets yesterday because there's no way im making it out for checks
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/29/21

We might be neighbors. We live off of Quakenbush which is about 1 mile from Fox. It would be interesting if we live pretty darned close. Just got done with another volley of shovelling.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/29/21
We will be No. 1 Camping section in the Sportsman's Warehouse chain due to generator sales. We sold $80,000 in Generators today. We were closed on Monday because they couldn't get workers. Tomorrow with the snow and a movement of generators from Wasilla, Anchorage and Soldotna we will clinch it.
Posted By: 79S Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/29/21

Hey I’m in fox right now.. I’m going to honk my horn let me know when you hear it..
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/29/21
Originally Posted by kaboku68

We might be neighbors. We live off of Quakenbush which is about 1 mile from Fox. It would be interesting if we live pretty darned close. Just got done with another volley of shovelling.

Ya, we`re fairly close. I am right behind the Turtle Club.

79, did you honk? I couldn`t hear squat with my Justin Beiber CDs rok`n when I was plowing with my wheeler.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/29/21
I've got my driveway open but i'm out of space to put more snow and expecting 8" today and more tomorrow.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/29/21

79, did you honk? I couldn`t hear squat with my Justin Beiber CDs rok`n when I was plowing with my wheeler.

Turtle club is a good location!

Freezing rain here yesterday turned the roads into rinks. Main roads were in good shape, probably from the lovely brine application.

Bunch of power outages on the western KP last night from the wind.
https://radiokenai.com/large-power-outage-effecting-many-on-the-central-peninsula/

We lost power for a few hours. Saw a transformer just down the road a bit spark like a meteor three times. Then power went out.

Back to below 0* by the weekend.
Posted By: 79S Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/29/21

Was that you wearing cowboy hat with green lights on it?
Originally Posted by 79S

Was that you wearing cowboy hat with green lights on it?

Maybe. I had been drinking pretty heavily.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Freezing rain here yesterday turned the roads into rinks. Main roads were in good shape, probably from the lovely brine application.

https://radiokenai.com/large-power-outage-effecting-many-on-the-central-peninsula/

We lost power for a few hours. Saw a transformer just down the road a bit spark like a meteor three times. Then power went out.

Sure is. Great prime rib there.

I can't wait for it to be below 0 again. This much snow, even if it is "warm" at 25 F or so is just a pain to do anything in.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 12/30/21

Sure is. Great prime rib there.

I can't wait for it to be below 0 again. This much snow, even if it is "warm" at 25 F or so is just a pain to do anything in.

After 18 years in the ‘banks, I’m aware, Jerry! 😂
Posted By: LoadClear Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/01/22
Living in the valley- a new thing for me, I’m from Homer… I’ve noticed that most valley drivers are useless in these conditions.

In Homer, we just accept rain over ice as a normal type of weather. I have Nokian Hakkapelitta 9’s on my F-150, which based on the more than 20 different tire types for winter driving I’ve experienced, are the best. I’m driving like normal, but the other A-holes keep spinning out in front of me.

It was comical for awhile, but now it’s just downright annoying to be following a late model SUV driving 25 in a 45 and spinning out when they try to mash the accelerator at seemingly random time intervals.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/01/22
Its all fun and games until they block the only road.
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/02/22
LoadClear - I thought only Sterling DF's did that...

I need to get some V-bar chains for the Expedition for going to our rec cabin off the end of Oil Well. Some interesting spots on that road, especially towing a 16 foot trailer full of snow gos, even with studs, but 300 pounds of sand bags in the back helps. Chains! Did use chains on the Ram once last year.

I carry 300# of sand in Ram 3500, too, but no studs on that one. I do have a set of barely-fit (last link) regular ladder chains, which help a lot, but I think I'll get some V-bars for that "fair weather" truck..... smile

I have two sets of almost new, tho 20 years old, V-bars I need to get rid of, used once or twice on the old Expedition and on the Chev 3500 - they had 17? inch tires- and the chains won't fit on the current 18's.

The current road conditions should help move them... smile
Posted By: Bushwacker Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/02/22
Originally Posted by las

I need to get some V-bar chains for the Expedition for going to our rec cabin off the end of Oil Well. Some interesting spots on that road, especially towing a 16 foot trailer full of snow gos, even with studs, but 300 pounds of sand bags in the back helps. Chains! Did use chains on the Ram once last year.

I carry 300# of sand in Ram 3500, too, but no studs on that one. I do have a set of barely-fit (last link) regular ladder chains, which help a lot, but I think I'll get some V-bars for that "fair weather" truck..... smile

I have two sets of almost new, tho 20 years old, V-bars I need to get rid of, used once or twice on the old Expedition and on the Chev 3500 - they had 17? inch tires- and the chains won't fit on the current 18's.

I used quick links to lengthen my set of chains, cost me $10 and added a rung to them with new length of chain. Works great
Posted By: 79S Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/02/22
Originally Posted by LoadClear
Living in the valley- a new thing for me, I’m from Homer… I’ve noticed that most valley drivers are useless in these conditions.

In Homer, we just accept rain over ice as a normal type of weather. I have Nokian Hakkapelitta 9’s on my F-150, which based on the more than 20 different tire types for winter driving I’ve experienced, are the best. I’m driving like normal, but the other A-holes keep spinning out in front of me.

It was comical for awhile, but now it’s just downright annoying to be following a late model SUV driving 25 in a 45 and spinning out when they try to mash the accelerator at seemingly random time intervals.

Oh boy…
Posted By: Hudge Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/03/22
Winds have been crazy. The fence between us and the neighbor is now gone. There’s a Weather Underground station at the Elementary school that’s recorded a 100 mph gust earlier today we hanging pretty good at 70-85 mph gusts all day. Some planes at the Palmer airport got destroyed as well.
Posted By: LoadClear Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/03/22
Yeah I’m just a little north of Palmer, and the wind has been horrible for the past two days- supposed to last a couple more. I was leaning on my garage door on the inside and felt the center heave in 2 inches or so.

My work truck, sitting on the parking pad next to the house has been blown almost 45 degrees sideways (no studs, very slick ice). I’m pretty much over this wind.
Posted By: mart Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/03/22
Wind is bad here in Wasilla. Power just went out. Pity the power company guys. They’re making good money but have to be out in this crap.
Posted By: mainer_in_ak Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/03/22
After 7 straight days of shoveling thought id have some peacful rest.

Naw man, highway closed to go do some winter caribou hunting with the dog team. It is 47 below zero at the outhouse. my scrotum wont grow a good winter coat for these outhouse trips.

IGA go bye bye? Maybe yall townies should think about that, when 3 bears wanted to come to Delta but its development was blocked.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/03/22
Stay warm and healthy Michael!
Posted By: Swamplord Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/03/22
There's always some bravetards out there taking pics ... aggravating cops by risking life & limb from flying debris ...

Looks like the building has been stripped by methhead tweakers looking for copper, lmao !

2022 sucks thus far & it's only been two days !

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: Hudge Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/03/22
Well, I started my USAA claim. The fence is partially gone and my pellet grill but the dust. Also the furnace is acting up as well.
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/03/22
That danged Pineapple Express started it, now Santa's elves are getting even. Should never give them Crack after Christmas is over! At least unsupervised. santa is on vacation now.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: 907brass Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/03/22
15 foot seas forecasted outside the Juneau area. Heavy freezing spray. Sounds fun.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/04/22
Originally Posted by Hudge
Winds have been crazy. The fence between us and the neighbor is now gone. There’s a Weather Underground station at the Elementary school that’s recorded a 100 mph gust earlier today we hanging pretty good at 70-85 mph gusts all day. Some planes at the Palmer airport got destroyed as well.

You close to paddock Dr by chance
Posted By: Hudge Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/04/22
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Hudge

You close to paddock Dr by chance

That I am. Fetlock here.
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/05/22
Originally Posted by Bushwacker
Originally Posted by las

I used quick links to lengthen my set of chains, cost me $10 and added a rung to them with new length of chain. Works great

Just finished doing that. Both v-bar sets are usable on the Ram ( 1 link) and on the Expedition (2 links) . Gonna order some new cross chain to fill the gap.

We can get outselves DEEP in chit now! smile
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/05/22
Weather not bad here
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYVXNefM0D2/?utm_medium=copy_link
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/05/22
Originally Posted by kk alaska

Where u at?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/05/22
Originally Posted by las

Just finished doing that. Both v-bar sets are usable on the Ram ( 1 link) and on the Expedition (2 links) . Gonna order some new cross chain to fill the gap.

We can get outselves DEEP in chit now! smile

Do it! I got money on ya, pal!
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/06/22
Kona
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/06/22
GFY!

Seriously, good for you! 😉
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/07/22
Kona

I'd ask is you were wearing clothes, but that's Maui, per the od joke...

and it might be taken wrong..... smile
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/07/22
Tell it.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/07/22
Kona

are you having to mask up.......bob
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/07/22
Have to in stores and such not in open areas got barked at leaving store when I started to take mask off early.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/08/22
What is restaurant requirements?

I heard show vax card?
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/08/22
Most are not wearing masks in open areas, saw the bar codes at a few restaurants, but if you wear a mask no issues. Got barked at removing my mask before I left the store.

Flight out of Seattle you were pre-checked given a wrist band if you had vax.

Usure if you are not vaxed you may be watched by HI via cell phone tracing https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/

Sorry for not responding sooner was pretty busy

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYcQFfSvuvy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Just took bike to beach pretty rare to see masks outside probably 10% masked outside. Nice break from AK bought tickets last May

Posted By: 79S Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/08/22
Most are not wearing masks in open areas, saw the bar codes at a few restaurants, but if you wear a mask no issues. Got barked at removing my mask before I left the store.

Usure if you are not vaxed you may be watched by HI via cell phone tracing https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/

Instagram???

Someone has to!
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/08/22
Sounds like fun hanging out with other mask wearing idiots. Florida, a conservative red state is really nice this time of year. Giving ammo to the enemy is nothing less than stupid.
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/08/22
Well, we are sure getting to be wusses. 26 below right now- we were prepped to go to the off-road rec cabin this morning until Tuesday. Going to be blizzard conditions down there (snow, 25mph winds). Haven't found chains for the Expedition yet. My gut says cancel.....

In younger years, it would have been "Hurry up - let's get there before the storm does!"

The wife's jury duty is of no concern to me..... I just hope the outhouse hasn't blown over again. smile

On hold for next weekend. Looks like rain, maybe.
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/08/22
Plan B for today.

Hot tub - check. BTDT. That 7 steps across the open deck at -22 to the 103* hot tub was traumatic....traumatic, I say! Not so bad on the way back after a 20 minute soak. smile

Next - up to the rooftop, quick, quick, quick!

I think (hope!) it's just a frozen up vent pipe - otherwise I have problems. Stinks like sewer in the downstairs bathroom, and we have already made sure all the traps are filled .

Birch trees - once blown clear of snow/frost, are now all hoared - that's hoared! up again. Pretty out there.
Overcast moved in- supposed to make zero yet today.
Originally Posted by las
Plan B for today.

Hot tub - check. BTDT. That 7 steps across the open deck at -22 to the 103* hot tub was traumatic....traumatic, I say! Not so bad on the way back after a 20 minute soak. smile

Next - up to the rooftop, quick, quick, quick!

I think (hope!) it's just a frozen up vent pipe - otherwise I have problems. Stinks like sewer in the downstairs bathroom, and we have already made sure all the traps are filled .

Birch trees - once blown clear of snow/frost, are now all hoared - that's hoared! up again. Pretty out there.
Overcast moved in- supposed to make zero yet today.

Very few people will whore out their birches.
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/09/22
Depends on the payout. You never heard of "getting a woodie"?

Posted By: T_Inman Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/09/22
4 above in Fox, -24 in Fairbanks this afternoon. Odd how much the temps can change in such a short distance.

I will whore out my birches though. Cheap. Don't any of you worry about that.
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/09/22
All"Birch Pimps" do what they have to when it gets double digit negative out... smile
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/09/22
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
All"Birch Pimps" do what they have to when it gets double digit negative out... smile

Not happening this week though! WOOT!!

lolol
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/09/22
Originally Posted by las

Played this game myself, and it was a frozen vent pipe. Have some #4 copper wire in there now. Hope that does the job. Not that I don't enjoy being 30' up a ladder at 12 below.

Why is it always taco night every time you gotta mess with the septic?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/09/22
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by las

Played this game myself, and it was a frozen vent pipe. Have some #4 copper wire in there now. Hope that does the job. Not that I don't enjoy being 30' up a ladder at 12 below.

Why is it always taco night every time you gotta mess with the septic?

What? No wind?
😉
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/09/22
Sewer Skewer made one of these several years ago works well. To keep vent pipes from freezing

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...c941bf408665753fff6ca53&gclsrc=3p.ds
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/09/22
It was barely frozen over. One little tap and the 1/4 inch crust was open. Then knock off the edges..

2 second fix, not counting getting the ladder out, up, and tippytoeing across half the roof. Actually, I'd been up there a week or so ago taking snow off the eves, 4' back from the edge, so I had good, packed, frozen footing.. Had some ice daming last year...

10 minutes with a propane torch, solder, drill press, and scrap 1/2 copper pipe (would have preferred 3/4" - not on hand tho) and the vent is now wearing 30" of one of those dangle -down the pipe T thingies seen on U-tube.. per kk link(I'd already seen it) Didn't even have to cut anything. It ain't as pretty as KK's link, nor as expensive, and didn't have to order, but when one is cheap, and high on sewer gas...... smile. I can add on if necessary, easily enough. I have several used couplers and 8' of new pipe yet.

What is there should fix it permanently.

2nd time the vent has frozen over in the 33 years we have lived here..... never no more - if it works.

I hate these constant , repetitive fixes..... smile
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/10/22
I run 15 to 20 degrees warmer than Fairbanks but it's still seven below here.... there's something blowing in now at 7pm Sunday
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/10/22
That wind blowing through Wasilla last week was a mf'er, I was coming back from my cabin on Saturday and the wind was blowing snow so hard it was white out conditions near Wasilla Lake, my truck and enclosed got sideways a bit and things started getting real sporty. Luckily I was able to regain control of the truck and trailer before the red light. I ended up parking my truck/trailer at the Mat Su Regional parking lot which was sheer ice with some pea size gravel on it. Left it there for almost 3 days before I decided I better go get it and bring it home as the wind had blown my trailer 45 degrees and into my rear bumper. There were 5 trailers laying rolled over on their sides at both ramps going to/from Mat Su Regional and one of them still had a white Dodge Ram 2500-3500 hooked to it along with 2 semis rolled over, one of them on the bridge going to Palmer over the Glenn highway.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/10/22
We live across the highway from May-Su regional close to the elementary school. I’d say most everyone here lost fences, and some shingle frisbee was going in as well. I had to ride out Hurricane Katrina in 2005 in MS, that crap was shorter lived than this wind event.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/11/22
Akmh, glad you kept the rubber side down. We stayed at the cabin for 2 extra days to avoid dragging a trailer through that. Going through Palmer, I figured we'd made the right call.
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/11/22
Tell it.

How many clothes does a real Alaskan wear in winter?

None, unless it's raining on Maui.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/11/22
Originally Posted by las
Tell it.

Molokai...
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/11/22
Originally Posted by las
Tell it.

Now who would take that wrong? 😁

Actually never heared that one.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/11/22
Akmh, glad you kept the rubber side down. We stayed at the cabin for 2 extra days to avoid dragging a trailer through that. Going through Palmer, I figured we'd made the right call.
I should have left my trailer at the Kroto parking lot like most of my friends did but I left too early in the day thinking I was going to get through before the winds got too bad. Even the drive from Trapper Creek to Willow was a bit sporty but nothing compared to driving through Wasilla.
Posted By: AGL4now Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/13/22

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM THURSDAY TO 2 AM AKST
FRIDAY FROM PORTAGE TO THE HOPE CUTOFF...

* WHAT...Heavy snow likely. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 18
inches in Turnagain Pass. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph
through Portage Valley.

* WHERE...Along the Seward Highway from near Portage to the Hope
Cutoff, including Turnagain Pass.

* WHEN...From 6 AM AKST Thursday through 2 AM Friday

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult due to heavy, wet snow
through Turnagain Pass. Rain falling on frozen surfaces along
the Seward highway, particularly through Portage Valley, may
cause slick roadways and hazardous driving conditions.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...A strong front will reach Western Prince
William Sound Thursday morning. Snow is expected at sea level in
the morning before switching to rain late Thursday morning
through Turnagain Arm and Portage Valley. Rain falling on recent
snow and near freezing roadways may cause hazardous travel
conditions in combination with moderate rain and high winds.
Moderate rain is also expected in Seward, which will extend
north to Moose Pass Thursday evening. Urban areas with snow
covered roads will likely see ponding of water and potentially
hazardous travel conditions.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/13/22
That’ll be sporty.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I should have left my trailer at the Kroto parking lot like most of my friends did but I left too early in the day thinking I was going to get through before the winds got too bad. Even the drive from Trapper Creek to Willow was a bit sporty but nothing compared to driving through Wasilla.

Heard the flats really sucked. And know many that left trailers parked. I think I likely would have too. Glad you made it.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/13/22
You up in Delta, Jeff?
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/14/22
+38 @ the house this morning. What you know about that?

Crazy drivers will act like it's July on the roads...
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/14/22
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
+38 @ the house this morning. What you know about that?

Crazy drivers will act like it's July on the roads...

It isn't?
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/15/22
Ha! Several did indeed believe it to be...
When I arrived in Kenai, it was a little cooler @ +36. At 1000 he's. it started to rain. Lasted for a couple hours. Side roads were interesting...
Posted By: las Re: Weather from he..ll - 01/19/22
This should make the auto-body repair people ecstatic! Next 10 days.

settings
Customize

Wed 1/19
Thu 1/20
Fri 1/21
Sat 1/22
Sun 1/23
Mon 1/24
Tue 1/25
Wed 1/26
Thu 1/27
Fri 1/28