Home
Posted By: AGL4now SPRINGTIME........Whoopee - 01/22/22
45* (above) 35 MPH breeze, occasional showers for the next five days.
What a mess
Posted By: aaron10 Re: SPRINGTIME........Whoopee - 01/22/22
Have to agree up here its going to be a skating rink on the roads .
Posted By: Nykki Re: SPRINGTIME........Whoopee - 01/22/22
Had a friend drive from Fairbanks to Wasilla last night said 25 mph was way too fast. I got to go to my shop in Birchwood this morning might be fun coming off the hillside. Be careful out there.
Wasyphilis & Palmersa are wet today !

Must be that pesky Chlamydia Change or Gerbil Squirmin acting up again and squirtin pus

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: las Re: SPRINGTIME........Whoopee - 01/22/22
Snowblower (POCCPS from HD) wouldn't move that heavy wet snowing the driveway yesterday. Plan C was to wait until today and pack it with the snow machine....

Even the neighbor's good Honda blower was largely ineffective - doing as much pushing as blowing. The augers just couldn't catch that wet crap and pushed it ahead. Managed to get a minimal drive/path in from the main access road. (She isn't home)

Plan B (plow truck) came available and he was able to clear mine with some difficulty. Should make a good scatting rink now when it cools off again. I think I still have some skates, tho those dog turds might cause stumbles.
Gonna have Big Lake Rent All drop off a D4 sized Case dozer to plow my shooting range driveway and lanes, after that snow dump and this stuff It will be hard to get back in there and I got a bunch of ammo to burn

My own private, personal slice of shooting paradise !
200 yards straight out and everything in between to 1100 yards to the left and out to 500 yards to the right ...

Gonna set up 200 yard increments of steel all the way out when the real Spring arrives .......... in Late May early June, lmao !

Originally Posted by las
Snowblower (POCCPS from HD) wouldn't move that heavy wet snowing the driveway yesterday. Plan C was to wait until today and pack it with the snow machine....

Even the neighbor's good Honda blower was largely ineffective - doing as much pushing as blowing. The augers just couldn't catch that wet crap and pushed it ahead. Managed to get a minimal drive/path in from the main access road. (She isn't home)

Plan B (plow truck) came available and he was able to clear mine with some difficulty. Should make a good scatting rink now when it cools off again. I think I still have some skates, tho those dog turds might cause stumbles.

I decided to plow yesterday , figuring it it gets really slickery, I can hit it with the ratchet rake.

Guess what?
lol
Posted By: VernAK Re: SPRINGTIME........Whoopee - 01/22/22
Only 20F here but hoping for a bit of thaw tomorrow to slide some snow off my boat shed.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: SPRINGTIME........Whoopee - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by Swamplord

200 yards straight out and everything in between to 1100 yards to the left and out to 500 yards to the right ...

Gonna set up 200 yard increments of steel all the way out when the real Spring arrives .......... in Late May early June, lmao !

That is pretty damn cool.
Posted By: kingston Re: SPRINGTIME........Whoopee - 01/23/22

That's fugkin awesome! Congrats!!!
Posted By: AGL4now Re: SPRINGTIME........Whoopee - 01/23/22
HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM AKST MONDAY FOR TURNAGAIN ARM AND HIGHER ELEVATIONS... * WHAT...East winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 80 mph expected. * WHERE...Anchorage Hillside and Turnagain Arm. * WHEN...From 10 PM this evening to 10 AM AKST Monday.
Posted By: las Re: SPRINGTIME........Whoopee - 01/23/22
DON'T SLAM THE DOOR! smile

The entry to the lower garage level is under this. Good thing I have an extra remote in the house that I can use to get in thru the bay doors.

I could have designed this garage better.... there are at least a half dozen things I'd do differently. frown

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ain't big enough, of course.

Now that's neat
DODGE!

5 seconds later

Sweet!
© 24hourcampfire