Home
Posted By: fletcher Tikka Rifles - 02/08/07
I'm curious how the Alaskan crew feels about Tikka Rifles? OS
Posted By: akfishinguy Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/08/07
I love mine!!! 300wsm
Also have a buddy with a 270wsm, another buddy with a 300win mag, a co-worker with 2 300wsm's, and another co-worker with 2 7mm Mag's.
All seven of these are T3 Lite (ss/syn) models and all have shot quite well with a variety of ammo (mostly handloads). I've gotten good groups with Hornady Interbonds and Swift Sirocco II's, and excellent groups with Barnes TSX (3 shot group at 100yds - holes completely covered with a nickle).
Posted By: tjkanavel Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/08/07
I hunted with mine all over the state and had no problems.The "plastic stock and magazine" help up just fine last winter when it was well below zero on a moose hunt.Wouldnt hesitate to buy another.
Posted By: Kusko Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/08/07
I love mine. It is light, weatherproof and shoots great. I also love the bolt lift. Proofs in the picture. smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MikeNZ Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/08/07
I know that you said 'Alaska crew', but this thread is currently active in the 'Hunting Rifles' forum:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...wflat/Number/1230429/page/1/nt/5/fpart/1

Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/08/07
Sweet pic.
Sam
Posted By: Scott_Thornley Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/09/07
Poster's name is "oughtsix".

Asking about Tikkas.

In the Alaska forum.

Only one post to their name.

I'm wrong at least once a day if not more, but my Spidey sense is tingling.....

Scott
Posted By: fletcher Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/09/07
I'd like a .300 saum if at all possible.. Kusko, How'd the stainless hold up on the goat hunt?
Posted By: fletcher Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/09/07
See at their site they don't produce a saum. Already got a 300wsm. Next choice for me a 7-08. Anyone know the outta box weight?
Posted By: seeker Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/09/07
No short action so the weight is the same, 6 lbs. 3 ounces, I believe.
I have one in ss .308 with Talley lw rings and a Zeiss 3-9 Conquest. I like it a lot.

Seeker
Posted By: Kusko Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/09/07
It held up great. It took a serious beating going through the alders and brush. I'm going to be using it again this year as ADF&G drew my name again.
Posted By: fletcher Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/10/07
I was hoping for more input. I posted it here because I'm thinking about a Caribou hunt and was wondering about the durability and if it's a worthy action for takin grizz head on. i also have pards that for some reason have a hard time keepin the rust off their ss Howa's. I don't own a ss but know I'd take care of one just as I would a blued version.

Posted By: fletcher Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/11/07
What's wrong guys? No one ever kill a grizz with a 7-08? TSX is up for it! Them Tikka's up for it?

Still havin a hard time graspin the plastic trigger guard. but the action seems smooth. Like the bolt throw. They claim accurate.
Posted By: Kusko Re: Tikka Rifles - 02/12/07
I don't see why you couldn't use it for a caribou hunt. It's not exactly what people up here would classify as tried and true bear stopper, but it would work in a pinch.

I didn't toss my rifle down the mountain last year, but I bet I fell at least 6 times and the trigger guard held, the bolt through is awesome and it shoots great.
© 24hourcampfire