Home
33% so far… I’m disappointed in the electorate.
https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2...-batch-special-primary-election-results/
Third and fourth do not add up to second and second is half of first... looking grim for the Ds...
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Third and fourth do not add up to second and second is half of first... looking grim for the Ds...
Yep. Time will tell.
If you would'nt mind Art, I am not able to get the updates on Mrs. Mark's iPad. Could you or IB keep that link updated?
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Yep. Time will tell.
If you would'nt mind Art, I am not able to get the updates on Mrs. Mark's iPad. Could you or IB keep that link updated?
Ya betcha. It's still on the 9:10 PM update from last night.

Might not get updated until the next report on the 15th.
Yep. Time will tell.
Headed out Copper on the Fly to fish, so I will not be able to...

But, with 54% of expected vote counted little has changed.

64% have voted for someone with an R.
Lucky you🙂

Hit the opener here yesterday and picked up 21 bows. Black sculpin and green bodied muddled with a peacock primary rather than turkey. Largest was 27" with most in the16 to 20" class. Water was dead clear yet up.

Best, M
Originally Posted by ironbender
Yep. Time will tell.

Appreciate it Mike, as always. Need any yard signs for anyone for the regular?
Lucky you🙂

Hit the opener here yesterday and picked up 21 bows. Black sculpin and green bodied muddled with a peacock primary rather than turkey. Largest was 27" with most in the16 to 20" class. Water was dead clear yet up.

Best, M
Sounds like quality time!!!
Yep. Time will tell.

Appreciate it Mike, as always. Need any yard signs for anyone for the regular?
You mean senator B or NBIII?
No sir. The 'Big' show, meaning regular elections, not for Unkle Dons.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - Election results remain largely similar to the initial standings from Saturday as the Alaska Division of Elections released the most recent batch of ballot counts Wednesday.

Republican former Gov. Sarah Palin remains atop the leaderboard with a cushion of nearly 12,000 votes over fellow Republican Nick Begich III. Nonpartisan candidate Al Gross and Democrat Mary Peltola remain in the third and fourth place spots — respectively — with a substantial lead over the trailing candidates ahead of the Aug. 16 Special General election to fill the remainder of the term for the late Rep. Don Young in Congress.

Election Results
Palin’s lead shrunk as her total ballot count continues to grow. The former Vice Presidential candidate now has 37,558 votes which account for 28.30% of all ballots cast — dropping slightly from the 30% of total ballots that she had received at the last tally. Begich received nearly 4,000 additional votes — now totaling 25,625 — increasing his percentage only marginally.

Gross received over 3,000 additional ballots and now has 16,921 total. Peltola also added over 3,000 additional votes and has now received 8.71% of ballots, extending her lead over fifth-place candidate Republican Tara Sweeney. The Division of Elections has now tallied 133,022 ballots.
In case anyone was wondering, when I posted this thread it was meant to say “the liberal K H U N T”. Meaning the liberal Palin. I was hoping we heard the last from that liberal bitch 14 years ago.
Good stuff, thanks for clarifying.

I think Sarah gets a raw deal in the press, as she's an easy target. And Americans are really dumb. (sorry guys)

All that said as i try to remember her career, it is tough to forget the scandals, lies, tax increases, scandals, etc. I mostly blame McCain for casting her (and us) into the spotlight and bringing the [bleep] of US politics to AK.
Which I guess is a long way of saying... I agree.

I think Sarah will do better under the structure of a party system where she never is allowed to think for herself. And if that's the nicest thing I can say for you, you should be concerned.
Interesting will be to see how the 30% that went elsewhere than the top 4 will go next time around. Most will go to the two Liberals (Gross and 9 %) I'd guess.

Begich better get his game face on and do some heavy advertising. He has name recognition to overcome - two ways - his and hers.

And then there are the two thirds of RVs that didn't vote.

I also wonder how many cross-over votes helped put Palin in the lead hoping for an easy opponent. She's going to get hammered by the left.
i hope Sarah Palin wins we need her in Washington D.C. we need the Red votes , if your against Sarah Palin your against most of us on 24 hr. Campfire , owning firearms and true Americans. seems some of you guys are just closet liberals ! why would anyone want more dang liberals in Washington we need RED votes for a big change . WTF
Originally Posted by pete53
i hope Sarah Palin wins we need her in Washington D.C. we need the Red votes , if your against Sarah Palin your against most of us on 24 hr. Campfire , owning firearms and true Americans. seems some of you guys are just closet liberals ! why would anyone want more dang liberals in Washington we need RED votes for a big change . WTF
Proof that opinions are like ass holes.

LOL

LOL
YA AND GET RID OF YOUR ATTITUDE WE NEED LOTS OF VOTES IDIOT IN WASHINGTON > THAT`S THE BIG PICTURE

LOL
YA AND GET RID OF YOUR ATTITUDE WE NEED LOTS OF VOTES IDIOT IN WASHINGTON > THAT`S THE BIG PICTURE
So, enlightened one. Why not tell us how you know what you know.

ps. By the way, "Feelings" do not count...
LOL
Tell me why you oppose NBIII?

LOL
So, enlightened one. Why not tell us how you know what you know.

ps. By the way, "Feelings" do not count...
Or, do you know?
wink
LOL
Tell me why you oppose NBIII?
Ok. I’ve cooled off a little. 😉

We’re on the same page here, I’m sure. I just gets a little testy when DSMFers try to tell me about our politics and how to vote. Most likely if Don was on this side of the dirt, y’all would know nothing about his race.

Would still like an answer to the question though.
what we need is every RED vote we can get in Washington to hopefully remove Biden/Harris and get rid of these high prices. Palin will be Red and she will vote Red i don`t care about her past just her vote. we need these liberals out of office period , Alaska will benefit too the oil pipelines will be all working , life will be good again and hopefully Trump as president too . i don`t care about pasts of each canidate life just the Red vote.
Yup. I savvy all that. Why don’t you like NBIII?
don`t know him or if he is a Red party voter ? i am in the lower 48 most of us know nothing about this person ?
don`t know him or if he is a Red party voter ? i am in the lower 48 most of us know nothing about this person ?
That’s my point.
Thanks.
i understand some now , the other part is Sara still looks good in a pair of Levis and does hunt some too so us in lower 48 only know these facts. also that does piss off Hillary and Pelosi a little too with Sara at the Whitehouse good lookin old lady voted Red .
Pete53, what is your first language?

Have you ever considered not speaking up on topics you’re woefully ignorant in?
I don't understand how anyone can vote for Palin. She made it clear that she doesn't care about the state of Alaska when she put her own self interest ahead of the state and stepped down as governor.

Now, after failing to make it big with the Tea Party, she has slunk back to her home state to use us in an attempt to restart her career.

And the voters of Alaska are falling for that [bleep]?! Lord help us, we are no better than the idiots in the big cities of the lower 48.
Begich is smarter than Palin, and Alaska needs smarts in DC more than anything. Instead, they get Murkowski? WTF is wrong with you kids up there?
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Begich is smarter than Palin, and Alaska needs smarts in DC more than anything. Instead, they get Murkowski? WTF is wrong with you kids up there?
Neither has run vs. Murky Liiisa.
Liiisa has a challenger this time that is conservative , smart, and has a very good chance of winning.

Kelly Tshibaka.
Did Gross read the tea leaves?
https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/inbox/id/AQQkADAwATExAGIwOC05MjM0LWI3MmItMDACLTAwCgAQAPVxCaecXANPii2SQLDbyVo%3D

Yes, it bailed...

Suggesting he does not like the Circus created by ranked choice and feels he needs to step out because he cannot win...
This may be different but shows that the 'bear killer' (at the least smile )can read sign...
🤡 >>>>-----------------------> https://www.winonadailynews.com/new...c98f18d-a340-53f7-a5ad-ffd2a5ccbe23.html
https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/inbox/id/AQQkADAwATExAGIwOC05MjM0LWI3MmItMDACLTAwCgAQAPVxCaecXANPii2SQLDbyVo%3D

Yes, it bailed...

Suggesting he does not like the Circus created by ranked choice and feels he needs to step out because he cannot win...
Email?

This may be different but shows that the 'bear killer' (at the least smile )can read sign...
🤡 >>>>-----------------------> https://www.winonadailynews.com/new...c98f18d-a340-53f7-a5ad-ffd2a5ccbe23.html
Need to disable adblocker.
This?

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - Nonpartisan candidate for Congress Al Gross announced that he would withdraw from both the special general election and regular election for Congress on Monday.

Related: Palin still leads, standings mostly unchanged in most recent election results update
In an emailed press release, Gross offered no explanation on why he decided to drop out after he was headed for the top-four special general election. Neither Gross, nor his campaign responded to multiple emails and phone calls from Alaska’s News Source on Monday.

“It is with great hope for Alaska’s future that I have decided to end my campaign to become our state’s next Congressman,” Gross wrote. “There are two outstanding Alaska Native women in this race who would both serve our state well, and I encourage my supporters to stay engaged and consider giving their first-place vote to whichever of them best matches their own values. Thank you for your support.”

As of the last round of ballots tallied by the Division of Elections on Friday, Gross was in third place with 18,936 votes, totaling 12.65% of ballots cast. Trailing Gross is Democrat Mary Peltola with 14,133 votes accounting for 9.44% of ballots cast. The fifth-place candidate is currently Tara Sweeney with 8,671 votes. Sweeney leads sixth-place candidate Santa Claus by nearly 2,000 votes. The Division of Elections would not declare whether or not Sweeney’s fifth-place standing would move her up into the top four as of Monday evening.

“We are looking into this and do not have an answer at this time,” Division of Elections Public Relations Manager Tiffany Montemayor wrote in an email.

Gross ran an unsuccessful campaign to unseat Alaska Sen. Dan Sullivan in 2020,

Stay informed with breaking news and weather alerts from the Alaska’s News Source apps
Copyright 2022 KTUU. All rights reserved.

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2022/06/21/al-gross-drops-congressional-election/
There's an angle here. Was it hoping that him dropping out would move all the lib votes to 1 person, namely Mary Peltola? Hoping that they don't move Tara Sweeney into his spot?
It's gonna get interesting, and I'm betting there will be lawsuits no matter what way the board of elections goes.
This may be an explanation of what is happening.
https://mustreadalaska.com/analysis...llies-maneuver-to-put-sweeney-on-ballot/
The FINAL results are out now.
This?

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - Nonpartisan candidate for Congress Al Gross announced that he would withdraw from both the special general election and regular election for Congress on Monday.

Related: Palin still leads, standings mostly unchanged in most recent election results update
In an emailed press release, Gross offered no explanation on why he decided to drop out after he was headed for the top-four special general election. Neither Gross, nor his campaign responded to multiple emails and phone calls from Alaska’s News Source on Monday.

“It is with great hope for Alaska’s future that I have decided to end my campaign to become our state’s next Congressman,” Gross wrote. “There are two outstanding Alaska Native women in this race who would both serve our state well, and I encourage my supporters to stay engaged and consider giving their first-place vote to whichever of them best matches their own values. Thank you for your support.”

As of the last round of ballots tallied by the Division of Elections on Friday, Gross was in third place with 18,936 votes, totaling 12.65% of ballots cast. Trailing Gross is Democrat Mary Peltola with 14,133 votes accounting for 9.44% of ballots cast. The fifth-place candidate is currently Tara Sweeney with 8,671 votes. Sweeney leads sixth-place candidate Santa Claus by nearly 2,000 votes. The Division of Elections would not declare whether or not Sweeney’s fifth-place standing would move her up into the top four as of Monday evening.

“We are looking into this and do not have an answer at this time,” Division of Elections Public Relations Manager Tiffany Montemayor wrote in an email.

Gross ran an unsuccessful campaign to unseat Alaska Sen. Dan Sullivan in 2020,

Stay informed with breaking news and weather alerts from the Alaska’s News Source apps
Copyright 2022 KTUU. All rights reserved.

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2022/06/21/al-gross-drops-congressional-election/

No substitutions allowed.
Originally Posted by AGL4now
No, they are not.
Originally Posted by AGL4now

The Division of Elections would not declare whether or not Sweeney’s fifth-place standing would move her up into the top four as of Monday evening.

Nope, they are not...
Wonder how much the "gross rat-batard" received in campaign donations and will keep? Not that it was his prime motivation of course, but just curious...
I thought any campaign funds can't be kept for personal use if a candidate loses or drops out. They have to rolled over to another war chest of the candidates choice.
But I could be wrong, high school was a long long time ago.
Mark, IIRC he claimed about $545k which was about $80k less than Sister Sarah
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
I thought any campaign funds can't be kept for personal use if a candidate loses or drops out. They have to rolled over to another war chest of the candidates choice.
But I could be wrong, high school was a long long time ago.
I believe you are correct...
Mark, IIRC he claimed about $545k which was about $80k less than Sister Sarah
One of Suzanne's articles suggested you are pretty close, Art. IIRC, a very recent mention on a statement (not her blog) suggested he would likely roll it to one of the other two. Is chump change to gross any who. . .
Don't worry about the campaign funds................it's the money he (Gross) got under the table that he is happy with. Or, possibly, he's being blackmailed!

Sigh…

If only there was a handy thread devoted to the background of Nick Begich III
Never heard of him.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][/quote]
© 24hourcampfire