Home
https://www.ktoo.org/2022/07/13/richardson-highway-closed-washout/
That's quite the gully washer

[Linked Image from media.ktoo.org]
Interesting. Interior is getting hammered by fires and flooding at the same time. Sorta like you can't have a depression and inflation at the same time. In theory, but a proven false premise.

It's probably the Democrats' fault. smile.

We ain't California, dammit, so just stop it!
Looks like a river of GOLD.
Once that settles, might be worthwhile to do some panning.
Ruby creek above. Earlier washout at Bear creek too.
Down river from all these roaring creeks, the Tanana is higher than I've ever seen. My side slough is gone. Can't even park boat on the side slough, have to pull boat up on land every time, and tie off to a big white spruce.

Scorching weather mellting glaciers, followed by heavy rains at night, bolstered by a record breaking winter snowfall, it's a swift mess out there.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Wow
Sucks. Just in time for my trip to Valdez from Fairbanks. I guess I’ll go the long way
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Holy cow
Originally Posted by exbiologist
Sucks. Just in time for my trip to Valdez from Fairbanks. I guess I’ll go the long way
Keep an eye on the state DOT website and alaska511.
It can’t be kept closed long.
There is a weather WARNING for up to 5" rain over next few days.

Storm total rainfall amounts will vary across the region through the weekend. However, most locations will likely see their heaviest rainfall totals in almost a year.

Expected rainfall amounts through Monday morning:

Anchorage Bowl: 1.5" to 2.0" Matanuska Valley: 1.5" to 2.0" Susitna Valley: 2.0" to 3.0" Western Kenai Peninsula: 1.0" to 1.5" Eastern Kenai Peninsula: 1.5" to 2.5" Whittier and Portage Valley: 2.0" to 4.0" Prince William Sound: 3.0" to 5.0" Copper River Basin: 0.5" to 1.0"
Crazy
Got a lot of rain here, but it’s been sorry that there is no standing water to be seen.
I drive over those bridges every fall and always wondered what would happen if we got some serious rains running down those creeks................guess I got my answer.
© 24hourcampfire