Home
Though it's too late for this next election I'm glad to see someone has already started the process to get rid of this god awful rank choice voting BS.

https://www.akleg.gov/basis/Bill/Detail/32?Root=HB%20381#tab6_4
The judge who ruled the POS as legal should have the crap beaten out of him, IMHO.
Not a resident but did read the bill. Anyone have the capacity to reduce it to say 100 words or less? 36 pages! What happened to the KISS principle? Looks like a total revision to state government.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Not a resident but did read the bill. Anyone have the capacity to reduce it to say 100 words or less? 36 pages! What happened to the KISS principle? Looks like a total revision to state government.

Legislative Bills are written by lowyers. They like verbose and obtuse which results in a buttload of gobbledygook. I get the "pleasure" of reading draft regulations from time to time and it royally sucks.
I was just in Alaska last week. I have a friend who lives in Anchorage and it will be his first time using the ranked voting. He was unaware it's basically the same process California uses and has resulted in the republicans being shut out. I'm betting he will really detest it after this November's voting results.

kwg
Read on February 22, and promptly buried in committee. Need actual conservatives in the legislature.

It was sold as a means to remove so called dark money from elections. It was actually dark money that got it put in place for Liiisa’s benefit.
It’s going to take a ballot proposition to remove it, IMO.
© 24hourcampfire