Home
....been that way for almost 4 hours now...
Congratulations on joining the retired crowd!

A retired person’s week has 6 Saturdays and a Sunday.
Sept will be 30 years for me since retiring. I am finally starting to slow down a little and do more traveling.
WOOT! WOOT!
Congrats, takes a little getting used to!
Off work any day that ends in a Y!
Congrats bearhuntr, enjoy your retirement. I’ve been retired a few years now, after working for 50 years. The wife just retired the first of this year. We are enjoying our sunset years together with family. I had a difficult time when I first retired, transition wasn’t easy. I found keeping active and sticking to a daily routine worked well. Retirement sure frees up time to do all them things you enjoy. Stay healthy and have fun while you can.
Congratulations! Them beers don't stand a chance.
Ask me in 9 months - can't wait
I have been retired 23 years Loved every minute of it till the loss of my wife. Don"t take it for granted. Enjoy.
You can say I’m retired, after I retired from the Army I got a gig with the state did that for 15 months. May 11th was my last day with the state. I’m going to school under the va voc rehab program. But man this not working is the life.
Originally Posted by 79S
You can say I’m retired, after I retired from the Army I got a gig with the state did that for 15 months. May 11th was my last day with the state. I’m going to school under the va voc rehab program. But man this not working is the life.

I retired from the Army 11 months ago. I'm doing Ch31 Voc Rehab right now. Gotta love that they also pay us to go to the school they paid for. Retired life is good!
Sounds like I m doing it all wrong....

But the hours are mine and the stress is less. Mostly. I hate it when my wife says.... "I have an idea......"

Frequently! smile

I think she should give up thinking.
Originally Posted by las
Sounds like I m doing it all wrong....

But the hours are mine and the stress is less. Mostly. I hate it when my wife says.... "I have an idea......"

Frequently! smile

I think she should give up thinking.
Married a wee Scottish las with red hair and freckles about 46 years ago. I have felt (and continue to) feel your pain... wink
Thanks fellas. Really want to put the hours on the water and shake down two more beers... I mean bears (dang it Art😡) to make up an even number ending in zer0. I hear the f250 calling for a new clutch and the f150 needs the freeze plug (behind the motor mount of course) replaced. My lass wants the pallets of shingles put on the roof before we head south to AZ sooooo...
Going fishing tomorrow says I wink
Going on 3 years now have the grandsons in the summer. Most of the time camping out in the back 4. Built a few deer sheds this summer. They are really getting worked up about this year's deer camp. Will be first time for both. Pulling both out of school for a week. Life skills schooling. I cannot lie I am also getting worked up for them also.

Enjoy it every day is a blessing!
20 years for me and grateful i went as soon as i could.
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Thanks fellas. Really want to put the hours on the water and shake down two more beers... I mean bears (dang it Art😡) to make up an even number ending in zer0. I hear the f250 calling for a new clutch and the f150 needs the freeze plug (behind the motor mount of course) replaced. My lass wants the pallets of shingles put on the roof before we head south to AZ sooooo...
I am trying to find an odd number ending in zero greater than two?
wink
But after 18 years of retirement I don't have the stamina!
....been that way for almost 4 hours now...

Congrats! I hope that you enjoy it!

I worked 51 years before retiring……seemed like 100’s of years! Coming up on year 6 years of retirement …..seems like 6 months? I’ve done absolutely none of the things that I waited and wanted and planned to do for the 51 years prior to retirement! I hope you have a much better experience! memtb
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
wink

A few more or too many beers might help with that. Seemingly. smile
Well memb- I started retirement retirement 4 years ago, with what I figured was a 2 year backlog of repairs, setting up for some personal gunsmithing, etc I wanted to do. Some accomplished, but I'm still at the 2 or 3, maybe 4 year mark.. If I live to be 100, I'll be like 20 years behind at this rate.

And I haven't been slacking. Much.
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
wink

A few more or too many beers might help with that. Seemingly. smile
true, that...
Originally Posted by las
Well memb- I started retirement retirement 4 years ago, with what I figured was a 2 year backlog of repairs, setting up for some personal gunsmithing, etc I wanted to do. Some accomplished, but I'm still at the 2 or 3, maybe 4 year mark.. If I live to be 100, I'll be like 20 years behind at this rate.

And I haven't been slacking. Much.
You’d catch up right quick if your wife retired from coming up with ideas!
😆
11 months now and I cant believe how busy I have been, hope to start traveling this September!
Congrats on the retirement bearhuntr, I hope it's a long and joyful one ( with not too many projects from the wife)!
Bearhunter: I am in my 25th year of retirement and it is non-stop bliss and happiness.
And indeed congratulations on your brand new lifestyle via retirement.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Retired going on 9yrs. now, best job I ever had. I drink coffee most mornings with a bunch of other old farts @ Hardees, meet with other gun guys at a local flea market every Thursday. Go to local gunshows on weekends, hunt & fish whenever I want. Every other week a trip to the shooting range and in between time at the reloading bench. Life is good !
Retired 17 years ago. I've had 4 jobs since then, none currently. I'd like to find something a few days a week. Last job I had before we moved south was great, machine shop, I worked 70%. At the end of every month I made up my schedule for the following month and gave it to the boss. Usually I'd work 4 days and 3 days on alternate weeks, but sometimes put in a couple of solid weeks and take a week or so off to travel/hunt out of state. Only job I've had since moving down here was full time, but it only lasted a year. I am happier if I am working at least some of the time.
I have been retired for 5 years now. Life is good. Other than the fact that I tested positive for covid a couple of days ago. Things are great. I stay busy, but doing the things that I want and like to do. Spend a lot of time with family. Teaching the grandkids how to shoot, hunt, and fish. I'm very fortunate that my two daughters and four grandkids all live within ten minutes of me. So far So good. I highly recommend it.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Sept will be 30 years for me since retiring. I am finally starting to slow down a little and do more traveling.

Retired 30 years…..nice. Good for you
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

You musta worked for the gubmit....
© 24hourcampfire