Home
Posted By: cwh2 Gear exchange - 09/20/22
I have a lot of hunting crap that I don't use anymore. Everything from rifle scopes to long underwear...

It isn't necessarily bad stuff, just things that I have upgraded or tastes that have changed. I'm never going to take the time to sell it in the classifieds, and a lot of it isn't really worth much anyway, but it seems like a shame to drop it off at goodwill. Any better way to pass it along to someone who might use it?

Can we get a conex that we all put our old crap in and we all take from freely and then at the end of the year we take what's left to the salvation army and what they don't want to the dump?
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: Gear exchange - 09/20/22
Sounds like a good idea. I'm in Canada so probably can only ship certain stuff across border, but I'm 73 & have a fair bit of stuff I don't use anymore. Wife will only give it to Salvation Army when I die. Would like to give it to some kid or at least someone who could use it. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ GWP.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Gear exchange - 09/22/22
My dad alway said you should have all garage sales on a flatbed trailer, so that anything that doesn't sell could be hauled straight to the dump.

In that spirit, maybe I will just take pictures of a bunch of stuff, post it up, and anybody who wants it can claim it? If nobody claims it for a week, toss it in the inlet. Er... I mean..... donate it.

Gotta be a better way....
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Gear exchange - 09/22/22
I have more than a little for the same treatment...
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Gear exchange - 09/22/22
As do all of us old guys
Posted By: mainer_in_ak Re: Gear exchange - 09/22/22
Cwh2,
Try to find a family who lost a house or a boat to that typhoon merbok. Donate your stuff.

Shouldn't be too hard, seasonal or low income out there, and most of those battered lil shacks and boats were uninsured.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Gear exchange - 09/23/22
Mainer, that's the best idea yet.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Gear exchange - 09/23/22
There is always someone in need. Unless you are looking to make money, look for shooting clubs, hunter training courses, etc . Support people getting into the sport of hunting.

Although some stuff that could be used for daily wear (long underwear, etc) places like Goodwill, Salvation army etc can always use them.
© 24hourcampfire