Home
Yes, I know the three months ago story. "Give us $800.00 deposit, we will call you in a year or two".
It doesn’t matter, you will not make it to spring old chap!
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
It doesn’t matter, you will not make it to spring old chap!

Quite possible, however I have a statistically higher probability of making it to 76 years old then you do. In fact, I have a massively higher probability of making it to 85 then you do.
I guess I don't understand the question.
Went to Bass Pro checking on new Merc outboard jets 54 week wait on new orders the supply chain is bad now, my glass buddy cant get windows
to do any work here in Alaska now. No different for most items now.
this past spring we ordered another 6 wheeler ride on. That was either very late April or very late May.

Was told maybe by August. Also told could be as high as 15% higher even if pre paid. IIRC it was higher as delivered but it delivered soon enough that it flew to our guide area with me around Aug 29.
Originally Posted by cwh2

What part are you having difficulty comprehending...?? I have to assume you live in a static reality, where-in nothing ever changes.
I cleaned up my buddy's estate this summer and the easiest thing to sell was a couple old quads that hadn't been run in several years. Folks are really hungry for an affordable ATV.
The 4 stroke outboards brought very good money and the older two strokes I had to give away.

I took it as he was asking about current availability - as in walk in now and buy something they have in stock - not something with a lead time in months.

I’m not in the mix much, but neighbor just received a new Polaris General about 3 months ago. Said they waited about 8 months, but they though recent availability had improved (I know, a very broad statement).

I’m curious about used prices as I have a 2-seat RZR that I’d like to sell to finance a new 4-seater something.
Not ATV's but a lot of sleds that were preordered are at the ski doo dealers already which is a huge improvement over last year. But the odd's of walking in without a pre order and getting what you want is slim to none.
How long is a rope?
How long is a rope?

That depends if it's a standard or metric rope.
I seen no four wheelers for sale on Craigslist or Alaska List 2 days before moose season...so..... I sold two of my three four wheelers for more than I paid for them , then I went and bought the biggest six wheeler they make ..... scored in my opinion .....
took a chance on somebody who waited all year for there new moose hunting rig, and then when it didn't show in time for moose hunting , they'd want their
down money back and I'd scoop it up...... it worked
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
How long is a rope?
That depends if it's a standard or metric rope.
Rope or line?
Well, I have seven pairs of snowshoes and five pairs of "calk" boots. I have reduced fetching the mail to Tues., Thurs., Sat..
The ATV market in the -48 is crashing as people can't make their payments and used ones are selling really cheap now.
Originally Posted by huntersdog
The ATV market in the -48 is crashing as people can't make their payments and used ones are selling really cheap now.
Very interesting.....Thanks.
That’s what I’ve seen. Prices were crazy high 18 months ago but have dropped big time since.
I can tell you that I’ve seen more ATV’s and UTV’s at the local shops in the last 2 months than the past year.
Originally Posted by Hudge
I can tell you that I’ve seen more ATV’s and UTV’s at the local shops in the last 2 months than the past year.

Helpful, a good indication of future.
I put $500 down for a $9,800 Honda Foreman at Ron's Honda in Sept, supposed delivery date is March ... maybe
Originally Posted by Swamplord
I put $500 down for a $9,800 Honda Foreman at Ron's Honda in Sept, supposed delivery date is March ... maybe

They will wait until they have - quote- "Enough orders" before they send it in, they told me about my delayed order. Trailer truck load?

$500 down on a $3500 snowblower in May for me, promised late Sept or October, now December. Maybe.

Play toys can wait, but snow removal is serious!!!

Otherwise very helpful people.
Originally Posted by las
They will wait until they have - quote- "Enough orders" before they send it in, they told me about my delayed order. Trailer truck load?

$500 down on a $3500 snowblower in May for me, promised late Sept or October, now December. Maybe.

$3500 snowblower? 😳

Put that toward an orange tractor!
There are sleds available now! The available sleds are spring/snow checks that people backed out on. You need to be Johnny on the spot with payment to be successful. I just scored a 2023 Skandic that was still at the factory when I put $500 on to hold…took about a month to get here, breaking in the engine now…
I've got 2 buddies that spring ordered 2 new Ski Doo Expedition Extremes so they could run the trail class of the Irondog, they were told last week that they will not get them in time for the race, luckily they didn't sell their old machines and will still be able to run. Some dealerships have inventory and some don't, I'm in the market for a new Yamaha Wolverine X2 XT-R 850 and they are non-existent here in Alaska so I have to wait until March before the Anchorage dealership gets one in so I put my name on it.
Originally Posted by las

Honda's getting out of the snow blower lawn mower department you better check that one out

So, is it possible to trailer some ATVs up from Arizona and get my fuel paid for yet? smile
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona

So, is it possible to trailer some ATVs up from Arizona and get my fuel paid for yet? smile

Maybe.....For me I live up on a mountain, I am 76 y/o and if I can't get something in the next six weeks, it will be foolish of me to buy anything. My driveway is at "BEST" described as a logging road. And with four to six feet of snow, it's hard for me to snowshoe up. Curious, are new machines available in the shops in the lower 48...???
I'm not sure, as it's not a priority now. You can check Facebook Marketplace for Maricopa County or Offer Up for same in the used market.
we have been down south for over a month now , all over southern arizonia, New Mexico , and central Texas up to oklahoma. Still have an empty space on my trailer. Stopped at several dealerships and all over craigs list and other media.
I would sure like to find just one of those great deals everyone is talking about !
© 24hourcampfire