Home
Posted By: Salmonella Ever breathe air? - 02/04/23
Just that.
Thats a term used in the fire service. I "breathe air" 3 to 4 times a year. Scott 4500 lb. (PSI) bottle goes pretty quick when you're working a fire or hazmat scene. I frost up the regulator pretty easily LOL.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Ever breathe air? - 02/06/23
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Thats a term used in the fire service. I "breathe air" 3 to 4 times a year. Scott 4500 lb. (PSI) bottle goes pretty quick when you're working a fire or hazmat scene. I frost up the regulator pretty easily LOL.
Used to do that usually a time or three a week with the local fire department.
Just did an "air consumption" test last night. Made it 20 minutes until the vibralert went off. 3900 psi in bottle when I started. 37 minutes totally out of air and I was wringing wet.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Ever breathe air? - 02/11/23
If you're gonna breathe air, best to make sure it's certified grade D breathing air.

Don't ask me how I know.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Ever breathe air? - 02/11/23
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Just did an "air consumption" test last night. Made it 20 minutes until the vibralert went off. 3900 psi in bottle when I started. 37 minutes totally out of air and I was wringing wet.
I cannot recall how long I could last. It was not that long but I don't do well in heat. Sweat like a pig and its way worse in gear and a fire and I take a lot of air. Nope I'm not a 20 year old anymore. LOL

Seemed that I ran dry once in a structure fire around the 25 minute mark. And I never heard or felt the alerts. Then we changed to masks where you can see the level by light indicators.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Ever breathe air? - 02/11/23
I can say with certainty that you don’t want to run out of air at 90’.
© 24hourcampfire