Home
1926 Art Young (Of Pope & Young) They were both in their early 40's y/o.

So, if you think you're a badass Alaskan hunter watch this: (No Sound).

One of the first books I read back in the early 70’s about bowhunting was the adventures of Pope & Young. They were true pioneers.
Cool video, thanks for posting. I like the moose hide canoe. That thing looked pretty stable and buoyant.
Thanks for posting! Great adventure. Seconds on the moose hide canoe. Killed a bull this past fall in Northern Manitoba...no doubt that hide is thick enough to do the job.
Very Cool!
thats a cool vid. Wife and I will watch it all later on
That video just blows me away. That was 97 years ago. about 48 years after the
American civil war. They were not 26 y/o they were in their early 40's.
Neat video, refreshing to watch a hunting video without someone wearing Mossy Oak or Realtree.

Thanks for sharing!

KB
OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!
I am speechless.
Many many thanks for posting.
Semper Fidelis,
Soup
That was awesome, I had never seen it. They were rugged men. Never been to Alaska except the airport but the numbers of Salmon is astonishing. I will have to read the book. Great movie, Thank You for posting it.
I enjoyed the video. Looks like their dog enjoyed the trip, too.

The caption said they carried no weapons but a bow, but in a couple of shots you can see one of the men has a holstered sixgun on his side. I'd be having a good rifle along, also. smile

Thanks for the video.

L.W.
Very enjoyable to watch
Thanks for posting. Have seen it before, good to see it again. True pioneers in bowhunting.
Holy cow that was fun ! And so many other great Alaskan videos follow. Thanks.
Love the non camo also. I still do not wear camo. Still killing food/ Thanks for posting very nice.
Awesome
Pretty cool
Good old days
Not many true outdoorsmen with their skills today.
Good stuff,was going to mention their dog as well.
That is one great film! Anyone know what kind of boots they were wearing?
Holy cow! Some really net footage.
Originally Posted by steveus
That is one great film! Anyone know what kind of boots they were wearing?
My great uncle operated a post/store at McCarty Cr from 1900 to 1923, of lace boots, Currin-Green of Seattle outsold all others by a wide margin. They were awful heavy he said, but of course they were hobnailed. Filson tin pants for work or weddings, of course. I asked about boots like L L Bean...he said they were not popular. More interesting to me, Savage rifles outsold all others combined. I'd have lost that bet.
© 24hourcampfire