Home
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/06/23
Thought there'd be more response here than the Africa or Big Bore forums, so ...

Anyone have experience with the Privi Partizan lead-nosed bullets in 9.3? I bought some 270 grain Hot Cors for practice and stuff here in AZ. Originally I had hoped to run 286 NPs, but have pretty much given up on that. A-Frames are a tad spendy. The other candidate is the 250 grain TTSX.

Thanks!
Posted By: windridge Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/06/23
They are accurate but soft. They are fine for plains game. What round are you using?
Posted By: Garandimal Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/06/23
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Thought there'd be more response here than the Africa or Big Bore forums, so ...

Anyone have experience with the Privi Partizan lead-nosed bullets in 9.3? I bought some 270 grain Hot Cors for practice and stuff here in AZ. Originally I had hoped to run 286 NPs, but have pretty much given up on that. A-Frames are a tad spendy. The other candidate is the 250 grain TTSX.

Thanks!

Shot quite a bit of the PPU factory ammo, to harvest the brass.

The bullet is more of a hog/woods construction.

Have a pile of Speer HC as well, which is a better bullet, generally.

And while I may never run them into a critter, have some of the 286 gr. A-Frames for dangerous game.

For a good general purpose performance bullet, chose the 285 gr. bonded Norma Oryx.

A very good bullet and value.

Am also waiting for Woodleigh to reopen, to pick up some of their 320 gr. Weldcore RN.

GR
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/06/23
Ah, had not considered the Oryx. tks
Posted By: Gaschekt Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/06/23
Don't buy any! Save them for us Loonies with a 9.3x57mm mauser. I haven’t found a better bullet for the price. I frequently check Grafs.com to see if they're back in stock.
Posted By: szihn Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/07/23
I and a few friends have loaded them in 9.3X57s, 9.3X62s and one 9.3X74R.
They have been great on all animals I have shot or seen shot with them so far. Big exits ---but always an exit.
Posted By: EdM Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/07/23
The original 250 gr X worked very well for me in my FN 9.3x62 on a 2002 hunt in Africa.
Posted By: mainer_in_ak Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/08/23
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona

Thanks!

I've never recovered a 9.3 PRVI bullet from moose or caribou. They expand well and don't come apart.

The jackets are thicker than either the hornady interlock or the speer hot cor. The two deeply swaged cannulures really lock that core to the heavy jacket.
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/08/23
Thanks everyone!
Posted By: bluefish Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/23/23
I bought hundreds when I had the opportunity.
Posted By: Huntster Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/24/23
".......A-Frames are a tad spendy........"
I can't find A-Frames in any caliber to save my life.
Posted By: WMR Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/24/23
Originally Posted by Huntster
".......A-Frames are a tad spendy........"
I can't find A-Frames in any caliber to save my life.

I hope your life doesn’t really depend on it, but Swift has A-Frames in 9.3 or .375 available now on their website. Live long and prosper. 😁
Posted By: Biathlonman Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 05/24/23
I think they are a dead copy of a Lapua mega, I was impressed with the expansion and penetration of them when I tested them.
Posted By: yukonphil Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 08/05/23
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
I think they are a dead copy of a Lapua mega, I was impressed with the expansion and penetration of them when I tested them.
they re a copy of gen 1 lapua mega: great bullet still . the gen 2 are way stronger than the prvi.
Posted By: MS9x56 Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 08/08/23
I shot a 150lbs dressed weight whitetail buck and that Privi penetrated the buck and an 8” diameter apple tree behind it. Dug it out of the dirt behind the apple tree to find a perfect mushroomed bullet. I would not hesitate to use them on any game in North America including coastal brown bears. I have switched to using Norma 232 grain Alaska bullets for whitetails. Still get full penetration.
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 08/11/23
Originally Posted by MS9x56
I shot a 150lbs dressed weight whitetail buck and that Privi penetrated the buck and an 8” diameter apple tree behind it. Dug it out of the dirt behind the apple tree to find a perfect mushroomed bullet. I would not hesitate to use them on any game in North America including coastal brown bears. I have switched to using Norma 232 grain Alaska bullets for whitetails. Still get full penetration.
Originally Posted by MS9x56

Obviously a Rourke reader 😊
Posted By: 8MMX57JS Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 08/14/23
I've used the 285Gr PPU's for my 2014 season. Load was 57 grains of H4895 @ 2440 fps out of a 22" barrel. Shot a couple black bears, clean pass through's, a couple deer, and a moose at 15 yards double shoulder shot. Found the bullet on the far side with core and cup still intact but once removed from the hide the core separated. Killed well from 15-300 yards.
Posted By: Cowboybart Re: 9.3 Privi Bullets - 08/14/23
Are there any "light" bullets, for the 9.3, that are cost -friendly?? I have a 9.3x64 Brenneke that I am forming brass for. I traded into some cast bullets, but they are sized big, guessing the x74 is bigger than the others??? If I'm just forming cases and punching paper, I don't need all the design and features of a deep penetrating hunting bullet.
© 24hourcampfire