Home
Posted By: Mideer3006 Fishing out of Homer - 05/31/23
Planning on returning to Alaska next summer in mid June or late July. Want to go mainly for salmon, will probably include a halibut trip also. What time is usually better? Think I have my youngest son(23) talked into to going also.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Fishing out of Homer - 05/31/23
Last 2 weeks of July is best time for reds in the Kenai. That's when we go----do a halibut trip out of Homer also. Usually do a combo trip for butts & salmon or butts & rock fish. You better get your halibut trip booked for 2024 now. The best boats get booked early. Usually guys that go up every year will rebook after their 2023 trip.
Posted By: Mideer3006 Re: Fishing out of Homer - 06/01/23
Last year did a charter out of Seward for halibut. Will probably do three trips from Homer , two of them for salmon.
Have a charter picked out that was recommended by a resident that we met last year.
Posted By: hardin284 Re: Fishing out of Homer - 06/05/23
Screw Homer. Get over to Seldovia via Smoky Bay Air ($85) or the ferry (approx $60) then go fishing with Chris and Ashley @ SeldoviaFishingAdventures.com
Posted By: Cntrmass Re: Fishing out of Homer - 06/07/23
Seldovia is some awesome country.
Posted By: uncle joe Re: Fishing out of Homer - 06/26/23
Went on a halibut charter last year with Maverick charters.
Everyone got their limit and the staff was excellent.
Will definitely use again.
Posted By: BulletBud Re: Fishing out of Homer - 06/28/23
I’ve fished for Halibut out of Homer with Bobs Trophy Charters. We fished on board the Nauti Lady and limited out on Halibut. Our First Mate was a cute little blond named Stormy and she did an awesome job filleting our catch during the ride back to the dock. Make reservations in advance for sure.
Posted By: Poodle_Dad Re: Fishing out of Homer - 07/09/23
Originally Posted by BulletBud
I’ve fished for Halibut out of Homer with Bobs Trophy Charters. We fished on board the Nauti Lady and limited out on Halibut. Our First Mate was a cute little blond named Stormy and she did an awesome job filleting our catch during the ride back to the dock. Make reservations in advance for sure.

I went with bobs trophy charters a few weeks ago, the entire boat limited out on halibut and rockfish, we also got a lot of good pacific cod. I’d highly recommend them, we were on the daze off 6-pack boat. We ended up bringing well over 100lbs of excellent fish home.
Posted By: Billy_Goat Re: Fishing out of Homer - 07/10/23
I'm in Homer right now. smile

Kings have already just about wrapped up. Silvers are still a little ways out. Pinks are available, but not in great number yet.

we went out on 2 boats for halibut and salmon yesterday and did well. fairly easy limits of halibut. couple rockfish, half limit kings, one big lingcod.
Posted By: Mideer3006 Re: Fishing out of Homer - 07/10/23
Billy Goat , Glad the hear you did good fishing, looks like it will be the end of July
next year when we will be up there. What's the weather been like ?
© 24hourcampfire