Home
Posted By: wildone they're killing me ! - 03/22/10
OK I get the fact that they extended the put in time by 3 weeks, but adding and extra month and a half on the back end to tell you weather you drew is killing me . Put em out allready jeeze !
Posted By: Calvin Re: they're killing me ! - 03/22/10
no kidding.. I think they are just trying to get hits on their webpage. (grin) I bet the transporters and guides are wishing they were out so they could start booking folks and getting deposit money.
Posted By: 358Norma_fan Re: they're killing me ! - 03/22/10
Just was looking myself. I'm betting Friday night, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dragged it out all the way to the 31st.
Posted By: las Re: they're killing me ! - 03/23/10
Forget it. I can wait to be disappointed.

Change-ups in things used to be a good thing for those paying attention. A lot of people would miss out first year, upping my chances. This time they advertised it so much - and extended the app time, that I suspect even more than the usual numbers of people put it.

Ain't none of us gonna draw.....

Not that I'm a pessimist or anything...... smile
Posted By: wildone Re: they're killing me ! - 03/23/10
way to think positive there Larry! smile
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: they're killing me ! - 03/23/10
Originally Posted by wildone
way to think positive there Larry! smile

Reverse physchology - an old Jedi mind trick!!! wink

(I'm playin' that game too)

Yes I see Obi wan ! Yoda go now, must eat bugs in forest and get permit from fish and game . May the force be with you .
Posted By: las Re: they're killing me ! - 03/23/10
It's getting harder and harder to tell the difference between The Force and gas....
Posted By: cwh2 Re: they're killing me ! - 03/23/10
Classic.
Posted By: Romo Re: they're killing me ! - 03/23/10
You got it Dean. Quit your griping...or would you like some cheese with that whine!
yeah I got your cheese right here ( insert graphic here). LOL
Posted By: Romo Re: they're killing me ! - 03/25/10
Yeah, well tell all your moolie liberal New Yorkers thanks!...'cause now we got a President who still smokes like a chimney, who will sign a Healthcare Bill written by a committee whose chairman admits he doesn't understand it, and has been passed by a Congress which hasn't read it, which will be funded by a treasury chief that hasn't paid his own taxes, and will be managed by a surgeon general who is obese!
Posted By: 358Norma_fan Re: they're killing me ! - 03/25/10
Originally Posted by Romo
Yeah, well tell all your moolie liberal New Yorkers thanks!...'cause now we got a President who still smokes like a chimney, who will sign a Healthcare Bill written by a committee whose chairman admits he doesn't understand it, and has been passed by a Congress which hasn't read it, which will be funded by a treasury chief that hasn't paid his own taxes, and will be managed by a surgeon general who is obese!

But other than that, I don't know why everyones in such an uproar.
Posted By: wildone Re: they're killing me ! - 03/25/10
I'm sorry , but that relates to my moose permit how? LOL

PS don't blame me I didn't vote for him
Posted By: ironbender Re: they're killing me ! - 03/25/10
Guilt by association is a bitch, ain't it? smile
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: they're killing me ! - 03/25/10
Don't expect draw results to be out this coming Friday, i'd look more towards the 9th of April. Yeah I know, bearer of bad news and all...... smirk
Posted By: wildone Re: they're killing me ! - 03/25/10
yepper!
Posted By: ironbender Re: they're killing me ! - 03/25/10
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Don't expect draw results to be out this coming Friday, i'd look more towards the 9th of April. Yeah I know, bearer of bad news and all...... smirk

Wacha heard? Maybe F&G needs to contract running the draws.

I can't see what takes so dang long to do the draw.
A little birdy told me that they are having difficulties since they switched to the all one draw format and are putting in long days trying to get it finished. He said we'll be damn lucky to see the results by next Friday so I figured picking the 9th would be a safe bet. I hope like hell he is wrong though.
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: they're killing me ! - 03/25/10
I think they borrowed one of Floridas voting machines to compile all the data. This is BS! If they werent ready to execute the all draws at one time process, then they shouldn't have made the switch.
I'm still going to check tomorrow cause you never, he might have been messing with me. I haven't planned a single damn hunt for this year yet, would be nice to know if I drew or not so I can start planning.
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: they're killing me ! - 03/25/10
Yeah I know what you mean, I pray like every year that I draw a Kodiak brown bear tag, but in the meantime, I am about to plop down a deposit on a fly out brown bear hunt in a different unit. Probably not gonna draw Kodiak , but it owuld be nice to know for sure before I piss the money away!
Posted By: ironbender Re: they're killing me ! - 03/26/10
Just do both. wink
Posted By: Calvin Re: they're killing me ! - 03/26/10
man oh man! I am hoping tomorrow is the day!
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: they're killing me ! - 03/26/10
Originally Posted by ironbender
Just do both. wink

Dont reckon the troopers would appreciate that!
Posted By: Romo Re: they're killing me ! - 03/26/10
Originally Posted by ironbender
Guilt by association is a bitch, ain't it? smile

Yeah, that's it...damn yankees!
Posted By: wildone Re: they're killing me ! - 03/26/10
the difference between Gold and Chocolate is just a few more feet of water ya know. smile
Posted By: ironbender Re: they're killing me ! - 03/27/10
Not today either, apparently.

Next bet is Wed. 3/31.
Posted By: las Re: they're killing me ! - 04/01/10
April 9, they claim, tonight.

Over on Big Game there's a neat picture of a "cactus" moose. I noted there:

"I wouldn't hesitate to gun one like that for eating purposes, and to get it out of the population. It's a steer, seving no useful purpose.

Probably get thrown in jail for violating our spike/fork/3 brow tine/50 inch regs......."
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: they're killing me ! - 04/01/10
Well here's there reasoning for postponing the draws until the 9th. Some of it sounds like BS to me but whatever, I can wait another week.
http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/pubs/news/2010/03-31-2010.pdf

Posted By: ironbender Re: they're killing me ! - 04/01/10
Stupid is as stupid does...

Although it was anticipated that results would be announced by the end of March, ADF&G�s Information Services team had to redesign the application processing system and write a new computer program, which took longer than expected.

That program should have been redesigned, written and tested before the application consolidation. Where is Barak when we need him? smile

In addition to the redesign, all applications received on paper had to be entered into the computer lottery by hand.

This should have been foreseen, and only e-applications accepted.

�Since this is the first time results are being processed in the new system, we felt it was necessary to verify the results prior to their release,� said Information Management Supervisor Kurt Kamletz. �We know delays are difficult for hunters, so we�re working to release the lists as soon as we can. It�s better to make sure the lists are correct than to release them before the winners are verified.�

It seems to me this should have been ready to go one year ago. If this was privatized, Kurt and his boss would be fired.

Hunters with questions about the process, results or future applications can stop by Fish and Game Information centers in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Douglas.

Thanks, that's real handy.
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: they're killing me ! - 04/02/10
Shift in the old paradigm...

Happy Birfday, Bender!!

bhtr

now, back to the wailing and gnashing of teeth
Posted By: mcknight77 Re: they're killing me ! - 04/02/10
If I draw a tag, I'll forgive them.
Posted By: LuJon Re: they're killing me ! - 04/02/10
Seems as though they had no "implementation" plan. Kind of like other Govt programs, like the new MGIB, and the health care bill.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: they're killing me ! - 04/02/10
they did it "cause some of there buddys with the right last name" did not win, so like the voting goes on school bond issues they keep drawing till they get the resluts they want......
Posted By: atvalaska Re: they're killing me ! - 04/02/10
Originally Posted by mcknight77
If I draw a tag, I'll forgive them.
i mite join u here!!! as the last time i won was 1987 frown i think i could of bought and raised the "game" from calf's ,and had some good eat's...but then again my storys about the hunt would not be much fun........
Posted By: Romo Re: they're killing me ! - 04/10/10
Well, there you go Wildone, DM817. Congrats!
Posted By: wildone Re: they're killing me ! - 04/11/10
thanks bud, might try and see if we can get another couple off the lake we took yours on.
© 24hourcampfire