Home
Posted By: bearhuntr Denali grizz kills hiker... - 08/26/12
The story is here:

California hiker killed by bear in Denali...
His camera told the whole story,broke all the rules and was weeded out of the gene pool. Then the parky rangers killed the bear who did what was natural for g-bears.They otta get fired. magnum man
The bear being killed doesn't bother me, to many of the damn things anyway. Besides ignoring the rules of the park, he also ignored a smart saying, " if your gonna be stupid, you better be tough" ( talking about the tourist)
Regardless of the actual happenings, the result is a sad event for the man and for the park.
Originally Posted by 406_SBC
Regardless of the actual happenings, the result is a sad event for the man and for the park.

So true! Mistakes were made but in the end a horrible outcome for both. The animal rights activicts and media are the only ones who benefit from this.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: Denali grizz kills hiker... - 08/26/12
Originally Posted by 406_SBC

Pardon my French, but f$%# the park. Way too much of this country has been taken from us and given to the fed govt. If this was an open to hunting area it's possible that the bears might actually have a fear of man.

--"So true! Mistakes were made but in the end a horrible outcome for both. The animal rights activicts and media are the only ones who benefit from this."

Mistakes were made? Are you serious?

A mistake is forgetting your sunglasses. This however is asking for a quick and permanent dirt nap.

IMHO
Posted By: Dan_H Re: Denali grizz kills hiker... - 08/26/12
I feel for the guys parents and family. Not an easy call to get or give..
I was in Yellowstone a few years ago with the wife and kids. We came around this corner in the road, and there was a grizzly sow and her two cubs in a meadow right off the road -- about 50 yards. A few more cars pulled over, and pretty soon there were 20 cars, about 75 people, and a park ranger.

I was a little unnerved about how people kept stepping off the road and into the meadow. They would inch toward the bears, and the rangers would call them back. "I remember thinking, these people are idiots. This is what Darwin meant by "survival of the fittest."

All it would have taken was for that sow to perceive that movement toward her cubs, however slight, was a threat, and she would have closed that distance in a second. It would have been all over but the crying.

Posted By: kroo88 Re: Denali grizz kills hiker... - 08/27/12
Custer State Park in SoDak I watched countless fools approaching bull Bison. Several have been killed there and Yellowstone. Sorry, but I am not sympathetic for this level of stupidity.
Don't poke the bear. Only a maroon.... And California is a given.
I don't have sympathy for STUPID either in this situation or in Treadwell's case. Esp. if it's a granola cruncher.
The bear shouldn't have been shot regardless.
Bear in Fairbanks
The bear shouldn't have been shot regardless

Dissagree,

The bear was and should have been killed. Don't need to have a grizz knowing how easy a meal 2 legged critters are.

With that said, the fella was given enough information to more than likely avoid his own demise. He was (at the least) a large reason the bear is dead. He (the hiker) chose wrongly, and (pardon the non-intentional pun) got bit by his decision not to play by the established rules.

Another thread several days older suggested "people are stupid." This fella is part and parcel what it was referring to methinks...

bhtr

I blame Disney. Grizzly bears will eat your face. Way too much grizzly bear propaganda on TV.
That bear needed to die, any bear that made a cache of a human, and guarding it is a behavior I do not want to see continue.

If we'd only legalize drugs, we wouldn't have these problems.
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
The bear shouldn't have been shot regardless

Dissagree,

The bear was and should have been killed. Don't need to have a grizz knowing how easy a meal 2 legged critters are.

With that said, the fella was given enough information to more than likely avoid his own demise. He was (at the least) a large reason the bear is dead. He (the hiker) chose wrongly, and (pardon the non-intentional pun) got bit by his decision not to play by the established rules.

Another thread several days older suggested "people are stupid." This fella is part and parcel what it was referring to methinks...

bhtr

sure would make the park the "go to spot" for a interesting time ...the bear was being a bear....
Originally Posted by kk alaska
That bear needed to die, any bear that made a cache of a human, and guarding it is a behavior I do not want to see continue.

Couldn't agree more kk! + 100000000000
Posted By: las Re: Denali grizz kills hiker... - 08/28/12
I'm betting this idiot kept inching forward just to see how close a picture he could get for bragging rights. The bear either took umbrage at this, or just suddenly noticed an easy meal close by. Bigger than squirrel, anyway. Or mistook the man for a caribou until too late, then decided to eat what he'd killed.

Remember who was stalking who, here.

What kk and Scop. said.

They Dynamic Duo (Disney/Darwin) strikes again.
Seems to be a problem with grizzlies lately.

http://www.adn.com/2012/08/28/2602166/seattle-woman-survives-attack.html
Originally Posted by watch4bear
If we'd only legalize drugs, we wouldn't have these problems.

Snort! grin

Originally Posted by las

They Dynamic Duo (Disney/Darwin) strikes again.

And in this day of instant imaging nothing is left to speculation.Evidence of your stupidity is there for the world to see.

At least in the old days the death would have been deemed due to mysterious circumstances and a chance encounter,rather than removal of all doubt about how dumb you were.
And a third attack already this week.

http://www.adn.com/2012/08/24/2598762/bear-attack-leaves-ninilchik-woman.html
© 24hourcampfire