Home
Hi dudes,

My daughter needs to get a engine block heater installed in her 2009 Toyota Rav4. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good shop or mechanic?
PM sent
PM returned...
If its anything like my 2008 Tacoma it is a hole machined into the aluminum block that is surrounded by a water jacket and its just a small rod that slides in without opening a freeze plug or anything that has a metal clip to hold it in place. Very simple and if she needs someone to put one in I would suggest having Kendall Toyota do it as they will warranty it if they install it and it was like $90 last time I asked when I bought mine
I 2nd the frost plug heater over a circulating type. another option/addition is a silicone pad applied with adhesive. I have the pad on all my vehicles.
We're currently sans toyota vehicles, but the Kendall dealership has always done good work on our toy's.
I've used Superior Automotive a few times when the job was something I couldn't do myself and they've always done good work.
yup....i add a pad to the trans and the oil... a trickle charger to the batts....on my 2 of my trucks.. i use 2 frost plug heaters! (350chevy)....but then again i only use "them" when it cold as h*ll and..... i'm pluged in at work smile
FWIW the driver of a local delivery truck told me that an advantage of the circulating heater is that he would open the heater controls inside and get into a relatively warm cab in the morning. That was in pretty cold climate, Interior of BC.

© 24hourcampfire