Home
I kinda like the idea of not have to deal with plugged up carbs. Has anyone seen one of these? If it was air cooled it would be virtually zero maint. after oil changes.

http://www.iboats.com/Lehr-2-5hp-Pr...48--session_id.172491413--view_id.951516
Funny, I was just looking at 2.5hp outboards for my little canoe today. For me its about weight. Check out honda, there little 2.5 is only 29 lbs!
Propane ice augers are very popular also.
I have a Honda 2.3hp I just picked up last fall for moose hunting. It had carb issues out of the box. Luckily Honda put an accessible drain on the carb. Since then it has been great.

Lehr does more than outboards: trimmers, mowers and blowers.

http://golehr.com/products.shtml
Thats an expensive little chit. I'll bet a 15 or 20 horse is really bad.
Vern,How do they work at less than -20F. My experience with small diameter propane hoses at below -20F would not sell me on the propane auger(at least when I was younger now days not an issue 'cause I don't stand around at low temps waiting on fish):)
pak
Here's a little OB that is 2 HP and weighs only 17 lbs. It works great on my MR I'll post a link if anyone is intrested.

[Linked Image]
Built on a weed wacker?
Originally Posted by erich
Here's a little OB that is 2 HP and weighs only 17 lbs. It works great on my MR I'll post a link if anyone is intrested.

[Linked Image]

Looks neat - I'll take you up on the offer of a link.
How does it handle cold conditions? Does it come in anything larger? The reality is 2.5 hp is under sized for most uses outside of an under filled canoe. 6 or 8 hp would do the job on most rafts.
The weed wacker motor works fine on my Marsh Rat loaded with decoys, dog and myself. It is the 9"3" FG Rat. I have a 3hp Johnson that is perfet for my square stern canoe but it weighs over twice as much and was too much for the rat.

[Linked Image]
I call BS on their statement that it's more cost efficient! Gas has more BTU than propane and you'll get more hours from 5 gallons of mixed/straight gas that you will with the same weight of propane.
I'll get interested in whatever they come up with that will give my skiff 10 MPG on step.
© 24hourcampfire