Home
Posted By: AkMtnHntr New draw result notification - 02/11/13
Just got an e-mail today informing me that Ak F&G will be sending out e-mail notifications to those people that applied, anyone else get this e-mail? Also, draw results will be ready by noon on Friday.

"Greetings,

You are receiving this email because you applied for a big game drawing hunt, or for a Tier I or Tier II permit during the November-December 2012 application period. We write today to let you know that in addition to posting results online as we have done for many years, this year we will also send individual emails to each applicant. So, you can expect to receive an email from us on Friday, February 15, with your results. This new method of delivery by email is an effort to better serve hunters and reduce congestion on the website when the results are posted.

By noon on February 15, you will find links to the results posted on the Alaska Department of Fish and Game website at hunt.alaska.gov <http://www.hunt.alaska.gov> (the hunting section) as well as on the homepage at adfg.alaska.gov <http://www.adfg.alaska.gov> .

While you await the draw results and plan your next adventure, you might wish to check out our hunting web pages. You will find a wealth of information on hunt planning, evaluating full-curl Dall's sheep rams, and mountain goat and caribou sex identification (think you know how to identify a billy? Take the fun online quiz on the mountain goat hunting page and see!); as well as streaming video on judging legal moose and trophy brown bears, and field dressing and meat care. Start at hunt.alaska.gov <http://www.hunt.alaska.gov> to learn more.

Also, we invite you to subscribe to our monthly online magazine about hunting, fishing, and wildlife in Alaska, Alaska Fish and Wildlife News at wildlifenews.alaska.gov <http://www.wildlifenews.alaska.gov> . Browsing through the archives reveals articles about hunting bison, caribou, mountain goats and more. Subscribing is a great way to stay informed about fishing and hunting happenings as well as receive updates on research on the species you care about.

Good luck in the draw and you'll hear from us again on Friday.

Best Regards,

Doug Vincent-Lang, Acting Director "
F&G must have just changed that this AM.

Draw Results:

The results of the November 1 � December 17, 2012 Draw and Tier I/II application period will be available online Friday, February 15, 2013 at 12pm.
They must have, it's usually at the end of the work day around 5pm.
This is good. I'll know before I have to go to the swim meet.
Yep, no waiting around and trying to access their website like the thousands of other hunters at 5 pm.
That was part of the fun of the whole process.. that yearly rush of adrenaline waiting to see if it was kodiak bears, TOK sheep, koyokuk moose, Etolin elk, etc. More fun than Christmas, and the adfg website crashing made it even more fun.

It was really fun when you didn't know what friday it was coming out on.... Pretty much every friday was arranged to have 5pm to sit at the computer and hit refresh. Rumors would be posted about somebodies brother working for the adfg, with insider info on the exact day. The emotional rollercoaster was unbelievable. Guys on AOD would be talking revolution if it didn't come out.. the sheer hatred towards the ADFG was unreal. And then BAM, a kodiak bear tag made you forget about all the hours staring at your computer screen hating every state worker who worked on the draw. Then, if you didn't draw, you could head to the internet to post conspiracy theories on why you didn't draw, and posts lists of the people who were drawn for 3 tags.

Now we get an email? Lame....... I can't believe they took all the drama away from us.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: New draw result notification - 02/11/13
Originally Posted by Calvin
That was part of the fun of the whole process.. that yearly rush of adrenaline waiting to see if it was kodiak bears, TOK sheep, koyokuk moose, Etolin elk, etc. More fun than Christmas, and the adfg website crashing made it even more fun.

It was really fun when you didn't know what friday it was coming out on.... Pretty much every friday was arranged to have 5pm to sit at the computer and hit refresh. Rumors would be posted about somebodies brother working for the adfg, with insider info on the exact day. The emotional rollercoaster was unbelievable. Guys on AOD would be talking revolution if it didn't come out.. the sheer hatred towards the ADFG was unreal. And then BAM, a kodiak bear tag made you forget about all the hours staring at your computer screen hating every state worker who worked on the draw. Then, if you didn't draw, you could head to the internet to post conspiracy theories on why you didn't draw, and posts lists of the people who were drawn for 3 tags.

Now we get an email? Lame....... I can't believe they took all the drama away from us.

Hunger games ain't got [bleep] on the ADFG lottery... smile

No doubt, it's freaking comical reading the draw threads on that site. Talk about drama, sheesh!
I'm glad that they are sending out emails. I have starband and it sucks!
Fingers crossed!...................

Classic!
Ahh...The big day is about to arrive. Good luck to all of you guys who have put in.

Walt
Posted By: 79S Re: New draw result notification - 02/12/13
AOD [bleep] that place full of egos and some azz clown named Marcus too...
Hunger games ain't got [bleep] on the ADFG lottery...

smile
Posted By: cwh2 Re: New draw result notification - 02/12/13
Originally Posted by raghorn
Fingers crossed!...................

What did you put in for? (Trying to scope out the competition...)
Sheep, caribou, moose, and goat
Everything but elk, muskox and went without applying for 3 of the 6 moose choices. I applied for the low % tags this year, so not really expecting anything to be honest. Flying out for sheep regardless this year!
Posted By: cwh2 Re: New draw result notification - 02/13/13
I have a feeling I might draw a good sheep tag this year, because I really want to go back to the same place I went last year.

Nice to have a back up plan though.

Calvin, you should probably throw a post on AOD about how you just got the email from ADFG and you got Tok Sheep and Koyokuk Moose. Probably around noon on Thursday would be perfect to generate death threats.
grin grin
Originally Posted by cwh2

Calvin, you should probably throw a post on AOD about how you just got the email from ADFG and you got Tok Sheep and Koyokuk Moose. Probably around noon on Thursday would be perfect to generate death threats.

haha, that would be awesome. I'm sure some jokester will do it.

I'm in for just etolin elk this year for a buddy tag.
lol!!...i mite be the jokester..i'll tell them i have a "in" with the i.t. guys at f&g "Tok Sheep a bear a moose " i'm a winner!!!...and get them all pisssed off laugh laugh then when the list breaks on friday i'll be john'e on the spot an post an one of the real names!!!...."somebody won 2 hunts" i can see the "chit strom front" comming in!
It is now and officially, the "calm before the storm" time. Can you say "points system?"
grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin
I have a feeling I might draw a good sheep tag this year, because I really want to go back to the same place I went last year.

Nice to have a back up plan though.

Still got your lucky snoose can with both sides the same?
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
It is now and officially, the "calm before the storm" time. Can you say "points system?"
grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin mad grin cry grin cry grin

There is absolutely excuse for those pathetic asswipes to have not instituted a preference system of some kind years ago!
DC480 Caribou and DM 407 Cow Moose long long long time and a lot of money since I won a permit! But our family got 4 2 moose and 2 caribou! Been a long time is moose good eating?

And yes I totally agree with you Art!
DC481.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
There is absolutely no excuse for those pathetic asswipes to have not instituted a preference system of some kind years ago!

I have 4 weeks of vacation saved for this years hunting season and am ready to go. This is the 3rd year in a row that I have not recieved a permit. 16 apps and not a tag? Man am I "unlucky." 20 some years and no bison, Kodiak Bear, or Dall Sheep up north. I suck at prognostication. I have been ready for points for a long time wink

Congrats to all the winners this time!

bhtr

ps. I WILL kill something anyway wink

...ooops...forgot this

mad
It took 20 years of applying, but I'm headed to Delta this year for a bison bull. I'm still in shock...
DM210 20 mile bull
DC480
DB252 Kodiak bear
all for me...
Riley drew DC480
That is with 2 of 3 results reported so far...

DC480 is unit 13 caribou south and east. I hope they toss them all together again this year. That was my third choice.
two choices for bull moose, got neither.
DM210 20 mile bull
DC480
DB252 Kodiak bear
all for me...
Riley drew DC480

We can go up there and have a caribou party this year!
That works! Or you could come along for the return trip to your old bear area. Just got off the phone with my buddy that killed the monster bear in Uganik this spring and gave him a hard time for killing the biggest bear in my hunt area!

Co-worker just informed me he drew DS-102.

No word for me yet. All the losers probably get notified last. crazy
Perfect score for me again: 5 for 5, NO!
Originally Posted by bearstalker
It took 20 years of applying, but I'm headed to Delta this year for a bison bull. I'm still in shock...

Congratulations! I've been waiting 30 years and will have to wait a few more hours to find out if it will be 31. Good luck!
Posted By: akpls Re: New draw result notification - 02/15/13
Same old results....nuthin.
DM770
DC001

Girlfriend
DM628
DC480

Might actually kill a moose this year!

Good thing KK has set me up with some good loads for the 284Win.
Thanks again
That works! Or you could come along for the return trip to your old bear area. Just got off the phone with my buddy that killed the monster bear in Uganik this spring and gave him a hard time for killing the biggest bear in my hunt area!

Spring 2014? Count me in! I'll pack the hide down for ya. grin
Posted By: cwh2 Re: New draw result notification - 02/15/13
DM210 20 mile bull
DC480
DB252 Kodiak bear
all for me...
Riley drew DC480

Jackass.

Congrats to Riley!

bearstalker,
Congrats on the bison tag.
DM210 20 mile bull
DC480
DB252 Kodiak bear
all for me...
Riley drew DC480

Jackass.

This.

wink
Sorry, Mark

I did hear that your buddy drew a Kodiak bear.
If that's so, he is no longer a buddy... unless I get to skin it smile
Pack it, maybe!
Draw Hunt Application Results
Hunt Reg. Year Hunt Did You Win?
2013 DI403 No
2013 DM718 No
2013 DM721 No
2013 DM727 No
dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! it
Wife and I are hunting Nelchina caribou this fall. Drew DC480!
I don't know how I got this tag (DC481). I don't think I put in for it. Must be a fat finger mistake on my part. I thought I was putting in for Area 13 along the Denali Hwy.

The area is in 13A north of the Black River and west of the Oshetna and 13E south of the Susitna.

Anybody have any knowledge of that area?

Jim
Originally Posted by mcknight77
I don't know how I got this tag (DC481). I don't think I put in for it. Must be a fat finger mistake on my part. I thought I was putting in for Area 13 along the Denali Hwy.

The area is in 13A north of the Black River and west of the Oshetna and 13E south of the Susitna.

Jim

Access could be a tough one unless you fly in.
Well, I guess it will be 31 years for Bison.
Yep, that's what I was thinking.

Still got your lucky snoose can with both sides the same?

"Lucky" can is packed and ready to rock...

The first ram we see, I'll be sure to pull the can out say "call it in the air...". I expect I'll get punched.
Just found out M drew an any bull tag in the Alphabets and the same caribou tag Riley and I drew...

So 2 moose, 3 caribou, and 1 Kodiak bear tags.
DC590 No go frown

LC
Posted By: mart Re: New draw result notification - 02/16/13
I drew a unit 13 caribou, my wife drew a unit 13 caribou and a unit 14 cow moose. Looks like meat's back on the menu. grin

Mart
DS 203. smile

CONGRATS! I had that hunt about 14 years ago. It was FUN!
Dec-Jan Fort Rich any moose and wife got homer cow permit.
I didn't get any this year. So I'm happy I at least did my Tier 1. But my brother won a Bison hunt, so that will be awesome.
Just found out M drew an any bull tag in the Alphabets and the same caribou tag Riley and I drew...

Does that mean the whining is done? wink
None for me. Looks like it's deer, haul road caribou, and a registration goat.
Sheep
Moose
D'ay Sa NO NO No...
Originally Posted by ironbender

I sill have a hangnail...

I sill have a hangnail...

..and a .270
At least its not a Ruger! wink
Dang Art!!! You guys cleaned up! I also drew DC480.
At least its not a Ruger! wink

I'm trying to corner that market!

But, for all the hunting I've done lately, I could've just used an A-bolt.

F&G could do the same thing as last year, and that is let the draw tag hunters hunt wherever they want in unit 13 like last year.

Over 6-7 trips last fall, I was in unit 13 for about a month total. Saw caribou everywhere, but all scattered.

I'll be up there again next weekend for 2-3 days looking for another one for my brother. He has a tier 1 tag burning a hole in his pocket.

F&G could do the same thing as last year, and that is let the draw tag hunters hunt wherever they want in unit 13 like last year.

Over 6-7 trips last fall, I was in unit 13 for about a month total. Saw caribou everywhere, but all scattered.

I'll be up there again next weekend for 2-3 days looking for another one for my brother. He has a tier 1 tag burning a hole in his pocket.

Art told me the same thing. It would sure make it cheaper for me. Not sure I want to do a fly-in for caribou, but haven't decided yet.
But, for all the hunting I've done lately, I could've just used an A-bolt.

Good God, man! Give your head a shake! smile
LOL, you won't be catching me in the woods, or anyplace else, with an A-bolt.

Art just likes pinging me about my Rugers, and I know he's in love with A-bolts. :-)
I'm unsure about "love", but he do have a *thing* for them.
I have lots of Rugers... Just love to jerk a little chain when it is laying in easy reach.

My lone A-Bort is here to stay... that means "not get used" in simpler terms...
Good of you to not inflict anyone with that.
Posted By: Hudge Re: New draw result notification - 02/21/13
Well, I just got the subusistence tag, RC566 I believe no other drawings. I have heard about a possible new draw for next season here on base, so I have to get my bow cert out of the way. and apply.
Posted By: las Re: New draw result notification - 02/26/13
I got squat. Everyone that I know that I checked got squat.
I didn't check Marcus Deedee tho..., Doc always draws something... up to 5 one year.

Ted and Elaina Spraker both got squat. Guess that busts the conspiracy theory.

Sure glad I'm a "subsistence hunter" at present.... smile

Art told me the same thing. It would sure make it cheaper for me. Not sure I want to do a fly-in for caribou, but haven't decided yet.

Just took a close look at that hunt area and it is obviously designed for the Eureka Redneck Crowd... It is such a short hop to get there from Talkeetna that it might be a reasonable place to look for a moose and a 'bou reasonably priced...
Posted By: 79S Re: New draw result notification - 02/26/13

Jim

That is swamp buggy country for sure... Or fly in... As a good friend says There is no way in hell anyone will cross the black river on a wheeler...
And the Oshetna can be tough to cross as well, especially if we get rain like we did last fall.
A LOT of creeks are tough to cross when we get rain like we did last fall.

Some even require a chopper ride to get out. wink
Yep, all that rain last fall screwed up my sheep hunt!
My partner and I hunted the last 12 days of the season, cold,wet,snow, but great for sheep hunting if you can survive the inconvienience's.[Linked Image]
Yeah, you'll find plenty of caribou in that little micro-management unit of 13A. You could either fly into the alpine portion of that area or take a large swamp rig into the timbered country, down along the Susitna. Most of the caribou are found in the alpine, though.
Hey, Mav! How ya been?
Hey, Mav! How ya been?

Darn busy. How've you been? Wish it would stop snowing so much. I'm kind of bummed about that. Need a little more sunshine.
I thought maybe you'd been in jail or something.
I thought maybe you'd been in jail or something.

Hahahahaha. No, I try to maintain and sustain friendly relationships with my law enforcement friends. Getting crosswise with the law isn't a good thing. I prefer to run the straight-and-narrow. Thanks for thinking of me, though. grin
OK, but call if you need bail money.
Posted By: las Re: New draw result notification - 03/02/13
Originally Posted by Maverick940
Hey, Mav! How ya been?

Darn busy. How've you been? Wish it would stop snowing so much. I'm kind of bummed about that. Need a little more sunshine.

I got lots of sunshine here. It's nice - beautiful, in fact, but could use about 30 degrees more temp tho- it's been circa 20 below for awhile now...

I need to get out and whack a caribou for the freezer if I can. Now that the Bravo is all cleaned out and running like a top again, from 3 weeks ago- the last attempt. Fuggin overflows.... smile

Hey, twice in 37 years ain't so bad. I guess. Heck, the feeling in my fingertips is even coming back.
Another month and you'll be breaking a sweat!
Posted By: las Re: New draw result notification - 03/04/13
Originally Posted by The_Troll

Congratulations! I've been waiting 30 years and will have to wait a few more hours to find out if it will be 31. Good luck!

About 40 years for me with no bison draw.
Posted By: las Re: New draw result notification - 03/04/13
Another month and you'll be breaking a sweat!

I break a sweat nearly every day, no matter what the temp. Moving (OK-throwing) up to 3000 (sometimes more)lbs of bags down the belly-hold of an aircraft in less than 10 minutes to the hatch/belt loader from your knees will do that. Up to 3 times a day. Oh, yeah - then there is the outbound bag stacking in said holds... No credit given for age ... Damned girls are the worst! smile

Every couple of weeks, I gotta wash my insulated coveralls... smile
© 24hourcampfire