Home
Posted By: fishnut Sitka Fishing - 06/26/14
Here's the deal.
I have been to the great state of Alaska many times on some great fishing trips. Mostly fly in and float trips. I've also done a great lodge that was primarily salt water in S.E.
I can't get enough of Alaska and love to fly fish up there any chance I get.
For my trip there this year, I got roped into doing a cruise in July (13-20)and will have limited time in Sitka and I've talked my better half into letting me do a bit of fishing the day we are there. I would rather fly fish than do the salt thing so I'm wondering if there is any DIY thing I could do with a fly rod in the Sitka area?
Thanks for any help. I don't know if I can stand being up there and not fishing a bit!
Posted By: ryoushi Re: Sitka Fishing - 06/26/14
Should be some Dolly's and maybe some cutthroat in and around Indian River. Don't know if the hatchery at what used to be Sheldon Jackson College is still operating, if so, you could try there as well. Both spots are right in town and walkable. Might be some pink or chum salmon around as well.
Posted By: fishnut Re: Sitka Fishing - 06/30/14
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Sitka Fishing - 06/30/14

I like fly fishing for humpies at the river mouths. You should be able to get in on some of that action with those dates.
© 24hourcampfire