Home
Posted By: Sitka deer Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
Nothing like ADF&G to screw with stuff EVERY YEAR! The end of the application period this year was moved to the 15th of December. In recent years it has bounced from December 6 to the 31st, and now the 15th with lots of other changes.

Be warned and do not let it slip by.

Would someone please give Ironbender a ride to the office so he can apply on the 16th?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
GFY!

Please delete this post. You're skewing my odds. wink
Posted By: alaska_lanche Re: Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
In fairness to F&G it was Dec 15th last year too....so atleast they are consistent 2 years in a row wink
Posted By: Pittu Re: Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
I actually got an email reminder from F&G today not to miss the deadline. I was kind of bummed. I count on the fact that lots of people forget and miss the deadline smile
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
In fairness to F&G it was Dec 15th last year too....so atleast they are consistent 2 years in a row wink

Now you want to talk about fair? How many drawing have you won lately? wink
Posted By: Calvin Re: Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
cool. I want a cow moose.
Posted By: alaska_lanche Re: Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Zero the last 2 years!!!!
Posted By: broomd Re: Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
Whoa, would have slipped my mind....
On my 'to do' list now.....
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
Don't forget that it's not just the 15th, but at 5 pm on the 15th. That little detail escaped me two years ago. Sat down with a cold beverage and my credit card and promptly found out I was two hours late. Won't be doing that again.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
Good start that they reduced the numbers of drawing NR Sheep tags!

In fairness, you don' need no steenking draws! smile
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Don't forget that it's not just the 15th, but at 5 pm on the 15th. That little detail escaped me two years ago. Sat down with a cold beverage and my credit card and promptly found out I was two hours late. Won't be doing that again.

That may be what the esteemed gentleman from Anchorage was referring to in his OP.

When it was on Dec 31, I did the same thing about 10PM to find out I missed it.

Last day of the year - is it mid night? NO Why have the deadline at the end of the calendar year and at the same time not? Drove me crazy. wink
Posted By: VernAK Re: Alaska Draws - 11/07/14
Art,

I hope you got yours in early as the Delta Bison draws always come from first day entries smile..........then give me a call and we can get after em!
Posted By: alaska_lanche Re: Alaska Draws - 11/08/14
Originally Posted by ironbender

In fairness, you don' need no steenking draws! smile

Negative...I NEED all the help I can get, such as a DS 123 would be about perfect smile

Posted By: ironbender Re: Alaska Draws - 11/08/14
I know a guy. wink
Posted By: ironbender Re: Alaska Draws - 11/08/14
I know a guy. wink
Posted By: AKHuck Re: Alaska Draws - 11/08/14
I'm going to change my name to Rinell or another TV personality so that I can get a tag to hunt Delta bison, Copper River bison, sheep near town, and maybe an Alaska Zoo polar bear permit!
Posted By: las Re: Alaska Draws - 11/09/14
I remembered the drawing last year. And wone a Killey River caribou hunt, unused.

We are not going to discuss the PFD.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Alaska Draws - 11/12/14
DCUA sheep draw tags have been reduced from 75 to 60 and TMA from 40 to 30, like they weren't hard enough to draw as it was, now we have even less of a chance.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Alaska Draws - 11/12/14
But realistically they should have been cut even more... The sheep just are not there...
Have you hunted the DCUA in the last 5 years?
Nope. But I have seen the numbers from the surveys.
OK.
Posted By: Ernie_Scar Re: Alaska Draws - 11/12/14
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
DCUA sheep draw tags have been reduced from 75 to 60 and TMA from 40 to 30, like they weren't hard enough to draw as it was, now we have even less of a chance.

But but what about the elite "Train To Hunt" and "Keep Hammering" crowd who purchased their latest Kuiu/Sitka/Kryptek sheep hunting "costumes"? Does this mean that some may not make it to the mountain to "crush" it? Or does this mean that even more will head to the Brooks and Wrights will be able to put 50 people on the same strip on the Kongakut instead of the 27 that they put there in the first 10 days this year?
Originally Posted by Ernie_Scar

But but what about the elite "Train To Hunt" and "Keep Hammering" crowd who purchased their latest Kuiu/Sitka/Kryptek sheep hunting "costumes"? Does this mean that some may not make it to the mountain to "crush" it? Or does this mean that even more will head to the Brooks and Wrights will be able to put 50 people on the same strip on the Kongakut instead of the 27 that they put there in the first 10 days this year?

What do you think it means?

Uh... Not so much. Just ran through all of the drawing numbers and DCUA has two hunts which used to get 75 and 60 tags. They changed that to 60 and 60. So 120 versus 135 or less that 12% cut, rather than the 20% it looked like. Statistically, you weren't going to draw anyway! wink

And the tags for TMA have not changed.

Both, based on population surveys should have changed drastically!

All of the other hunts are exactly as they were last year, and again, that means they are not being proactive in reducing the take... And they have their reasons.

I got that info from the AOD so take it for what it's worth.
I got it from ADF&G... so take that for what IT is worth! wink
I got it from ADF&G... so take that for what IT is worth! wink

I already have. wink
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Alaska Draws - 12/02/14
No more JBER hunts?
http://www.adn.com/article/20141128...sory-committee-cancels-local-moose-hunts

Just sent in $190 for AK Dr Hunts ouch hope something I want turns up.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Alaska Draws - 12/02/14
The roughly 2,000 hunters who have already applied will lose their application fees. Department policy precludes refunding permit and license fees -- even when a hunt is canceled.
That's wrong just on GP.

How does the AC have the authority to cancel the hunts? Seems that could be their 'advice', but not a reg change? crazy
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Alaska Draws - 12/02/14
Originally Posted by kk alaska
No more JBER hunts?
http://www.adn.com/article/20141128...sory-committee-cancels-local-moose-hunts

Just sent in $190 for AK Dr Hunts ouch hope something I want turns up.

Antlerless hunts only, the any bull hunts are still open......for now.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Alaska Draws - 12/03/14
f&g ...they sent me a warning email today .... mother hen.gov
Posted By: ironbender Re: Alaska Draws - 12/03/14
Ignore it and don't apply.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Alaska Draws - 12/03/14
Originally Posted by atvalaska
f&g ...they sent me a warning email today .... mother hen.gov

Warning e-mail? You mean the e-mail they send every hunter in Alaska that has applied for previous draw hunts? That e-mail?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Alaska Draws - 12/03/14
<grin>
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Alaska Draws - 12/03/14

Originally Posted by ironbender
The roughly 2,000 hunters who have already applied will lose their application fees. Department policy precludes refunding permit and license fees -- even when a hunt is canceled.
That's wrong just on GP.

Thanks bunk regarding the policy on no refunds. I remember getting $5 back when the cancelled a SE Berners Bay moose hunt a few years back.
Posted By: 79S Re: Alaska Draws - 12/15/14
Just donated $155 for me and the family
Posted By: ironbender Re: Alaska Draws - 12/15/14
Why does Hotmail say in the confirmation email "this sender fails our fraud check"???
Posted By: broomd Re: Alaska Draws - 12/16/14
Got in right at the wire....
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Alaska Draws - 12/16/14
Schit!!! Another sublegal sheep might die!
© 24hourcampfire