Home
My snowmachine buddy, bill C (fbks) is on the history channel ! root for my boy !!! best off road driver ever ! (and yea that's him on the conner of the hot springs rd / steese hwy) > with his yota parked > UP THE TREE ! lol ! btw if u run a snowgo/high mark - AND u said more than once """how the hell did that guy get up there shocked "" THAT BE MY BOY BILL!!! lol!!
Huh?
Fun premise, but I'd tire of all the "reality" drama VERY quickly.
OK AtvAK, I bit.......and am watching the first episode. Your buddy Bill C seems like a cool dude. Not sure about his co-pilot Butch yet. grin
Alaska based reality shows are fun to watch if:
a.) you can't find anything else to do;
b.) anything else to watch;
c.) want to laugh at retards;
d.) enjoy trying to figure out how the writers/producers engineer the social interactions of characters;
and...
e.) attempt to imagine just how warped an impression of Alaska a person from the L48 ends up with.
My viewing duration is about 20 minutes before I either turn off the tube or hurl or both.
I saw the episode with the race through "Wolf River Valley" (Knick Glacier valley I think). It was such a crock of shiite that I was moderately entertained.
I just finished the 5th season of Justified, so I'm on the lookout for more fictional characters with mullets. grin

I don't believe for a millisecond that any of this is "real," but I'm a sucker for wheeling footage and some views of AK beyond what's covered by the Travel Channel or 24hr members hunt photos. In other words, a through d of your list. wink
41 minutes of.......VROOM, VROOM?

Originally Posted by 222Rem
A guy I know summed it up well when he said judging by the reality shows, the only people who live in alaska are troopers and degenerates.
Originally Posted by pabucktail
A guy I know summed it up well when he said judging by the reality shows, the only people who live in alaska are troopers and degenerates.

There is some truth to that crazy
Well, you ain't no Trooper! wink
No big deal, in California especially in the LA area everybody drives like that even on the freeways. Where I live, the roads are so bad that driving where they film this program would be a snap.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Well, you ain't no Trooper! wink

And neither are you. laugh
Nor you.

At least I thought about it at one point. smile

Why keep two separate lists?
Well, there went two hours of my life. grin blush
Originally Posted by cwh2

Why keep two separate lists?

Thought you were sort of binary.
Another Alaska reality show that stinks.
Bender, they say that there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't. (Have one of your kids explain it!) smile

And no, I don't think all troopers are scumbags.
I'm thinking the real and interesting folks up here- and there are still plenty, mostly don't make good television.
Originally Posted by pak
Another Alaska reality show that stinks.

The ONLY reality show that breaks away from the normal reality show mold is Mantracker. I'm sure the Canucks direct/edit away some of the true "reality" of the show also, but it's still fun to watch and Terry Grant (the tracker) rings true with me.
I haven't watched the show, just seen previews.

BUT, I knew dudes in Seward that ran rivers all the time. One guy had a... get this, an AMC Javelin 4x4. We're talking primer grey, jacked up, AMC car that he wheeled the CRAP out of! It was great sport getting our 4x4's buried and having to get yanked out. Usually high centered on boulders.
GREAT FUN and good times.
Originally Posted by cwh2
Bender, they say that there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't. (Have one of your kids explain it!) smile

Been there.

Done that

Got the T-shirt.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I'm thinking the real and interesting folks up here- and there are still plenty, mostly don't make good television.
were watching a bit of one of the AK shows, generally because we like to see AK, and to get that, you have to put up with the rest..

They were loading windows on a boat and the drama started... don't move that or something or the window will break....Thats when Carolyn flipped channels.... asking WHY does there always have to be fake drama....

The queen of fake drama is up there somewhere towards Prudhoe in that camp... geez... she takes the cake.

Well there was that one dude on the race show with his bare gray haired chest all day long.... those two might make a good couple. Long as he was willing to be her....

rather entertaining........all in all...

Direct TV & TV in general suck.........
Originally Posted by atvalaska
My snowmachine buddy, bill C (fbks) is on the history channel ! root for my boy !!! best off road driver ever ! (and yea that's him on the conner of the hot springs rd / steese hwy) > with his yota parked > UP THE TREE ! lol ! btw if u run a snowgo/high mark - AND u said more than once """how the hell did that guy get up there shocked "" THAT BE MY BOY BILL!!! lol!!

It's cool seeing people you know on TV. A former neighbor of mine is a Sargent in the State Troopers and a buddy I worked with for a couple of years was one of the captains on AK Fishing Wars. I've even been on the boat he was skippering.
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

True. Probably because they don't want to whore out their private lives.
I'll have to dig up some of our snowmachine'ing pics !! I got lots of great video of bill-driving off some great cornice's .... hel! ..once years ago I got a high mark on him, by running up under a small cornice ...he came back around and drove "up thru it" popping out on top !!!! shocked ...count me out after that !!..I want to go be with god just not that day!!
Worth noting, is that Super Jeep's owner/driver Carl Jantz is a very avid four wheeler, and has a Youtube channel documenting some of his jeep build a few years back. There are also several videos of him wheeling deep snow in the back country. IMO he's the real deal, and not someone the producers "created" to bring drama to the show. And Super Jeep was definitely built, not bought.......FWIW. I'm guessing the show's producers found him on Youtube and offered him some new country to wheel. Just guessing though.

HERE is a link to Carl's channel.

I hope the DNR arrests, tries and convicts all these clowns for driving through streams that are habitat for salmon.
the state was on hand helping with the filming/areas ..lol ..... now go fire up that 2 stroke outboard of yours ,yea that one with the rainbow--rite behind the stern shocked Tear it up Bill!!!!! laugh ...earth 1st, we'll mine the other planets latter!!
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid

I hope the DNR arrests, tries and convicts all these clowns for driving through streams that are habitat for salmon.

That was my thought too.
You REALLY don't want to watch Russian log truck videos then. eek
High marking is the sport of idiots. While either form takes a modicum of skill it takes no maturity at all. I gave one form up decades ago when told it would stain the wall, rot wood and get my azz beaten. Never saw the point of the other.

I will admit I sometimes still initial the snow, etc. if it is a risky area such as a police cruiser I use Benders initials.
Thanks?
I'm surprised they don't have a reality show about homeless people in Alaska.
Originally Posted by las
High marking is the sport of idiots. While either form takes a modicum of skill it takes no maturity at all. I gave one form up decades ago when told it would stain the wall, rot wood and get my azz beaten. Never saw the point of the other.

I will admit I sometimes still initial the snow, etc. if it is a risky area such as a police cruiser I use Benders initials.
lol!! 50+ year old kids out to see if they still got it! yup!! the feelings the same as a 5 rollercoasters at the same time ...gota love it !
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
frozen to the steam grates, shot, stabbed, OD'ed, or set of fire while u SLEEP does not make good tv ....neither does being so f-ed up that ya get run the f over while crossing the street in anchor town!
It's called the Anch news.
Originally Posted by ironbender
lol!!! all they are missing at the front of anchor towns evening news.... TO NITE ,AS BIG AS ALASKA, ITS THE BIG SHOW ...THIS EPOSODE ...DRUNK TRYS TO CROSS STREET/UNDER SEMI......AND COMMING UP- WATCH THE ONE AND THE SAME "DRIVE BY DIVORCE COMBO" laugh laugh
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
frozen to the steam grates, shot, stabbed, OD'ed, or set of fire while u SLEEP does not make good tv ....neither does being so f-ed up that ya get run the f over while crossing the street in anchor town!

I think 458 was talking about the Browns..... LOL
Originally Posted by ironbender
lol!!! all they are missing at the front of anchor towns evening news.... TO NITE ,AS BIG AS ALASKA, ITS THE BIG SHOW ...THIS EPOSODE ...DRUNK TRYS TO CROSS STREET/UNDER SEMI......AND COMMING UP- WATCH THE ONE AND THE SAME "DRIVE BY DIVORCE COMBO" laugh laugh

...and me without my decoder ring.
It's 5:00 somewhere........... grin

I've been watching the show, fake as the day is long. They've run around Jim Creek and up behind Eureka some. About as challenging as a walk down the sidewalk.

I too find it offensive that they will let people run the streams for television yet chase you down and cite you for the same offense.(trust me, they will)
© 24hourcampfire