Home
Posted By: ironbender Halcro - 01/14/15
Declared for Anch Mayor.

http://www.adn.com/article/20150113/halcro-makes-it-official-hes-running-anchorage-mayor

Don't know a lot about him. Would he be good?
Posted By: AlaskaHippie Re: Halcro - 01/14/15
If one wanted a mayor who was born with a silver spoon shoved solidly up his ass, had never worked a day in his life, and relied on nepotism to advance his career, Andy would be perfect.

But having already had that in Begich, I'd say, no thanks.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Halcro - 01/14/15
So, you don't like him?

How 'bout Elvi? <grin>
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Halcro - 01/14/15
I remember him working with Bagitch's transition and a lot about his early years in the legislature. Total dipschit is too kind...
Isn't Elvi that gal what resembles a crack ho' one would spot in a cantina scene in Star Wars?
Posted By: VernAK Re: Halcro - 01/14/15
Who is Elvi?......been a couple decades since I lived in ANC.

The little bit I've seen of Halcro....gotta agree with Art.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Halcro - 01/14/15
Elvi Gray Jackson. sick

http://ballotpedia.org/Elvi_Gray-Jackson

Posted By: VernAK Re: Halcro - 01/14/15
A Community Organizer!
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Halcro - 01/14/15
Don't know much about the guy other than hearing him on talk shows over the years. I've never heard a "man" always on the verge of tears every time he talks about some issue he's concerned about.
They don't come much more liberal than her.

Anyone know why Mayor Dan isn't running for re-election?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Halcro - 01/14/15
I recognize Halcro's name from campaigns, but not familiar with his politics; thus my question.

Ak Hippie had such a strong negative impression of Halcro, I figured that was 'nice' compared to his opinion of Elvi.

The pic above was representative, but saw her on TV news a couple nights ago as she is considering a mayoral run too. She looked like some evil character from a movie, almost Cruella De Ville-like.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Anyone know why Mayor Dan isn't running for re-election?

Has he stated he isn't? As far as I know the deadline to file isn't over yet, but mayhaps he wants a run at Murkowski's seat?
If he was going to run I thought he'd have announced it already. I wish he would but I don't believe he will and you could be write about LM's seat.
Posted By: Tsavo Re: Halcro - 01/15/15
Dan Sullivan (unfortunately) cannot run for Anchortown mayor again, due to term limits.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Halcro - 01/15/15
Halcro has always come across to me as an azzhole who is a pretty good numbers guy.

I'd take him over that scumbag Bagitch who I've heard may be looking for another job these days.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Halcro - 01/15/15
He is too tight with Markie Boy for my taste...
Posted By: sayak Re: Halcro - 01/15/15
Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie
If one wanted a mayor who was born with a silver spoon shoved solidly up his ass, had never worked a day in his life, and relied on nepotism to advance his career, Andy would be perfect.

But having already had that in Begich, I'd say, no thanks.

I think that about sums Halcro up. Obvious that he has a very high opinion of himself.
© 24hourcampfire