Home
HERE

Pretty cool!

Mike
I don't have a lot of faith in the theoretical/hypothetical nature of much of what they offer, in light of the location. IOW, I seriously doubt they'd have a lot of control in a well breach under many of the conditions those waters can throw at them. That said, I still accept the risk and support the idea of drilling out there.
Me too!

Saw a piece this evening on the news already got the eco freaks in a tizzy which I like!!

Mike
The cartoon was wonderful with all of the smooth water conditions, which always exist in the Arctic. No ice, and no wind so no problem.

Only if we lived in a perfect world.
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
The cartoon was wonderful with all of the smooth water conditions, which always exist in the Arctic. No ice, and no wind so no problem.

These "cartoons" are more generally known as animations. Watch it and you'll see the ice. I agree it was lacking a certain 'boisterous' characteristic commonly seen in these waters.
I watched the video with interest and agree that weather could delay their success. I assure you all these things they show can be done. I have worked on offshore oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico since 81. The place I run was the outer limits of technology 10 years ago. It is common now and the technology and innovation is advancing rapidly. There is almost no limit to what people can accomplish when the money is there to develop it. The place I work is very similar to what is shown in the video except that our water depth is over a mile deep and our weather conditions are more favorable. The upgrades to make it work in Alaska waters would cost more but it is still possible. The company I work for has a project off the North coast of Alaska on a man made Island. The guys I have talked to up there say any oil that spills turns to a solid in the cold and can be shoveled up.
I seen a special on this yesterday and none of there response tactics have been tested it is a accident waiting to happen
Actually all of what I watched is pretty much standard operating procedure in the gulf of Mexico. The oil spill response boats and break away riser is on every deep water rig. It is proven to work. I am not claiming they can recover every drop pf oil or that weather and sea conditions aren't an extra challenge. The BSEE won't approve something that won't work.
We will safely and successfully drill and develop up there without a doubt.
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

If we did idiots like you would not be in it...
Zing!
Yoooz guyz!

laugh

Mike
© 24hourcampfire