Home
"Shot a nice bear yesterday afternoon."

Realize he flew to Kodiak Tuesday and flew out that afternoon.

Some idiot with a lot of experience in the exact area told him to be patient... Sounds like he does not follow directions well at all! wink
Patience is good, but if the time is right......squeeze!

Glad to hear it!
Git er done!!!
I'm pretty sure the proper protocol is to stay for the duration to make sure you see the one you should have waited for. smirk
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I'm pretty sure the proper protocol is to stay for the duration to make sure you see the one you should have waited for. smirk

It doesn't always work out that way. We had a hunter one year who had never hunted and chose a bear hunt with us for his first hunt. He arrived the afternoon before the spring season opened and I flew him and a guide to one of our cabins. Within 15 minutes of arriving on the spotting hill the following morning they had an honest 10 foot, B&C bear and were back in camp by noon. He flew out that afternoon and was home in Ga. the following day
458: Them boys from GA is LUCKY (It's the water we drink....) LOL
Originally Posted by 458Win

It doesn't always work out that way. We had a hunter one year who had never hunted and chose a bear hunt with us for his first hunt. He arrived the afternoon before the spring season opened and I flew him and a guide to one of our cabins. Within 15 minutes of arriving on the spotting hill the following morning they had an honest 10 foot, B&C bear and were back in camp by noon. He flew out that afternoon and was home in Ga. the following day

grin Sometimes "she" just smiles on you and you know. It's hard to deny that 'beginner's luck' is real sometimes.
it is nice when the bears cooperate... Riley literally shot his Kodiak bear immediately after we arrived in his hunt area... turned the boat to follow the beach line and there was a bear.
Originally Posted by 458Win

A shame to top out so soon? To reach the acme on the first hunt
Hope he posts photos.
He has a history of quality write-ups...
I'll have it all written up in a couple of days...I dropped the hide off at Kenny's tonight and he'll call me with the square tomorrow. The skull measured 24 7/16. He's not a whopper but it was a lot of fun.

[Linked Image]
Where did you find my hat?

wink

Will have to dig out an old photo of me with an early bear and I have a gray StormyK on. About 35 years ago... they really last.
Not to overlook your effort, congratulations for getting the job done!
Nice bear and it wasn't raining win/win
Pretty bear. I see you opted to not shoot a 'nicely rubbed' specimen!

Congrats!
Leave it to Beav...err...Bender😉
Nice job S.G.! Look forward to the parts you weren't able to share yesterday!
Sorry ot but with the new format takin you to google maps

Click on mine and mikes mark and you get nada

Click on yours. Tff. Grandmas looks like a good place to be
I clicked on it with great trepidation!

Looked like a shot from down along the Arm... Clicking on another picture of "Anchorage" it shows Whittier.

Look at your link and all they reference is your heart???
Nice critter...... and weather! laugh (Perhaps others' experience will differ, but my own has shown me that such good luck is either well-earned, or later extracted from a fellow at substantial effort or cost! wink )
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Looked like a shot from down along the Arm... Clicking on another picture of "Anchorage" it shows Whittier.

He gonna need some ice for dat burn.
Nice critter...... and weather! laugh (Perhaps others' experience will differ, but my own has shown me that such good luck is either well-earned, or later extracted from a fellow at substantial effort or cost! wink )

I think it's because SG lives right. wink

Originally Posted by ironbender
Patience is good, but if the time is right......squeeze!

Don't pass up a bear on the first day that you'd willingly shoot on the last day . . . (or something like that)

Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Lmao
Use the Sako?
© 24hourcampfire