Home
Just ran across this if anybody needs some fish for dogs or whatever.

https://anchorage.craigslist.org/zip/6114977081.html
More excellent use of the KP personal use fisheries I'm sure...
Originally Posted by SpartanGunner
More excellent use of the KP personal use fisheries I'm sure...

My thoughts exactly! Or humpies from his first year at Fort Richardson...
10 pounds? He must be a commercial fisherman.
You're probably right. Any skookum anchorage dip-netter would only proudly announce a hundred pounds or more of freezer burned salmon for the trash heap...
Originally Posted by SpartanGunner
You're probably right. Any skookum anchorage dip-netter would only proudly announce a hundred pounds or more of freezer burned salmon for the trash heap...

Don't you have a story to tell?
I wonder if he has a bear baiting card, leaving it on the vehicle hood.

10 months ago he was bragging on getting limits I bet.
Or 22 months ago...
I'd love to know the percentage of the dip net fishery that ends up as above ...
It will be interesting to see what the new rules will do... pushing everyone off the North side of the river will have impacts... double entendre intended...
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I'd love to know the percentage of the dip net fishery that ends up as above ...

Compared to the commercial bycatch .of 11,433,055 pounds of dead fish thrown overboard, probably .000000012%
Trawl fleet certainly cannot point fingers...

Not sure East Side setnetters can do much either with all the kings known to roll out of set nets uncounted.
MMmm good

[Linked Image]
Not what I expected....was gonna load up a bunch of shee fish and trade them for a good (or bad) dog.....
I suppose the naa sayers would [bleep] a meataxe if they found out that lots of people in Bristol Bay put-up 1000's of red salmon for their dogs! Nice bright fish at that,,
Originally Posted by waterrat
I suppose the naa sayers would [bleep] a meataxe if they found out that lots of people in Bristol Bay put-up 1000's of red salmon for their dogs! Nice bright fish at that,,

Or monster rainbows...
wink

Yet another reason to support Pebble mine.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Yet another reason to support Pebble mine.

Now I remember why you've been on ignore forever!
Then how did you read what I wrote grin

Being you are busy reading what I wrote, maybe you can tell us how resources left in the ground benefit anybody.

BTW, how come them dog owners don't feed em moose? They are a renewable resource too. Heck, maybe they already do.
Pebble is a really bad idea perpetrated by sleazey companies getting a deal by being foreign thereby lowering their liabilities and insurance requirements. Further it would entail killing off some of the most incredible big rainbow trout fishing in the world.

Building the biggest dam in the world from dirt on a sponge and literally dewatering to a depth of 3500' to "make" it stick is absurd.

So resource extraction is a wonderful thing but not at any cost or peril.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Pebble is a really bad idea perpetrated by sleazey companies getting a deal by being foreign thereby lowering their liabilities and insurance requirements. Further it would entail killing off some of the most incredible big rainbow trout fishing in the world.

Building the biggest dam in the world from dirt on a sponge and literally dewatering to a depth of 3500' to "make" it stick is absurd.

In spades ^

I'm pro development, but always with a risk/cost ratio figured in. Pebble doesn't pencil out well from my angle.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Since this is literally happening in my backyard I think it appropriate to say that I agree with this. I will add that the entire fiasco has been a reminder of how incredibly inept our governments are at the state and national level at every point in this process.

Now I remember why you've been on ignore forever!

Good thinking.
What Art said. Times 100.
© 24hourcampfire