Home
Posted By: Sitka deer Kodiak B&B Info - 05/16/17
A good friend has started a B&B in Kodiak that looks like a really cool thing. He has two rooms which sleep two each and over 1,000 square feet downstairs to use jointly. Included is a quality fish and game cleaning station, freezers, and so on. It is in the Bells Flats area just outside town, right near the Russian River (not to be confused with the river by the same name on the Kenai) and other creeks are close for salmon, dolly varden, and rainbow/steelhead fishing.

Cost is $100 per room (2 people) and includes breakfast.

I suspect it will fill quickly because it is not big and that is well below the area average. The amenities designed for fishermen are exceptional, too. He intends to work it for waterfowl hunters also... and he is a duck killing fool!

I will post some photos when I get them.

Kodiak Island Anglers B&B
Ann, May through Sept
(517)861-0423 call or text

John, Oct through April
(907)252-2868 call or text

John Hohl is the owner and a long-time fishing guide. He will be away from the place running float trips in Bristol Bay through the summer.

This post pre-approved by Rick Bin
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/17/17
Good info. Tks Art
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/18/17
that is a good price for sure, a little ways into town, but of course, Kodiak is very little town. It used to ruin my day if I had to wait for more than 3 cars at the stop sign on Rezanoff on the way to work. and I flat out cried when they fixed the one stoplight after 4 or 5 years of it just blinking yellow (PS, Art do you know if they closed the Food store down near the harbormaster office? thought I heard a rumor

Man, that place STANK,,,,, wink
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/18/17
Originally Posted by kid0917
that is a good price for sure, a little ways into town, but of course, Kodiak is very little town. It used to ruin my day if I had to wait for more than 3 cars at the stop sign on Rezanoff on the way to work. and I flat out cried when they fixed the one stoplight after 4 or 5 years of it just blinking yellow (PS, Art do you know if they closed the Food store down near the harbormaster office? thought I heard a rumor

Man, that place STANK,,,,, wink

Yeah, the AC store closed several years ago. No one misses it, so far as I know!

If I was looking to go kill silvers for a week in the fall I would be looking for a room and that would be a mighty fine choice...
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/19/17
sounds like the Buskin was a bust for silvers , hope it gets better. even the few years I got to fish it, it was kind of up/down on the runs for silvers. I learned that when there was a tremendous enhanced pink run, it caused havoc with the later silvers
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/19/17
Last year was the worst on record in Kodiak. Previous low was 12 million fish harvested... last year did not reach 6.

Those monster silvers in the Buskin are pretty cool though!
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/20/17
I have seen some over 20 lbs come out of there, but my biggest was about 16. Fun on a fly rod. also had a 3 year old brownie within 3 rod lengths once, right at bridge 1, makes you KNOW you are alive, don't it? smile
Posted By: TNsavageman Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/20/17
Good to know! Thanks for passing this on
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/20/17
They intend to do a little advertising soon and I suspect things will fill pretty fast for them...
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/20/17
Originally Posted by kid0917
I have seen some over 20 lbs come out of there, but my biggest was about 16. Fun on a fly rod. also had a 3 year old brownie within 3 rod lengths once, right at bridge 1, makes you KNOW you are alive, don't it? smile

One of Cameraland DOug's first trips included an incredible silver run in the Buskin where the limit was raised to 5 and we hammered them for days with those great huge submarines. It was very memorable...
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/20/17
That's a great deal. That's one of the few places in Alaska that my wife and I haven't been to but one that's high on our list of want to see. I'd be all over it be my hands are full this year on POW.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/20/17
I paid a lot more than that for some rat hole medicaid hotel in Kodiak 5 years ago. Called around and couldn't find a b&b open.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/20/17
must have been the Russian River Inn? on the left as you go into town?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/20/17
I spent a lot of time romping around in the Bells Flats area when I was stationed there. I love the area and need to get back at some point.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/22/17
That sounds like a cool place to layover between flights in and out of Kodiak. Thanks for the info Art.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Kodiak B&B Info - 05/22/17
John is setting it up to help folks process their own fish and has large freezers to make it easier... I missed that point in the first post. While I use Island Seafood quite a lot, processing costs are high and the guys looking to pinch pennies without compromising quality will likely approve...
© 24hourcampfire