Home
Posted By: kaboku68 Old School Alaskan Passes... - 06/22/17
[Linked Image]

The biggest mentor in my life passed away on Tuesday. My father was fantastic. A big guy who always made a mountain out of the things that I accomplished. Victor Kennedy drove me to reach down into my guts and overcome the biggest obstacles, trials and difficulties that I have encountered in my life. My greatest regret is that we made tons of plans for merry adventures that never came to fruition. But he was always with me where ever I went and where ever I go. Some people live life from private planes and room service. Vic Kennedy worked hard from poverty to accomplish the Alaskan Dream. You can never plan when the lord takes you but I can say that he lived every second of his life and treasured the people around him. There are so many stories, sayings, conversations, and experiences that we shared that I won't pick one. I will say that his life as a teacher, father, hunter, historian and maverick was a beautiful thing. He fought to the very end and encountered more pain and hardship that any person that I know. He did this with positivity and great zeal. Victor definitely gave more than he got and loved all peoples, cultures and sports without pause. Made the impossible doable for me and will always be the giant of a man who was a real life superhero when he was young and strong and fearless. He has met his Alaska and will be missed by me and my family for the rest of our lives.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, he sounds like an amazing guy. He'll be with you on all your future adventures. God bless your friend, his family and all those that loved him.

ETA....That's a great picture of your friend with a backdrop that say more than words could.
We are sorry to hear this. Thoughts prayers and condolences for family and friends.

Some great pics there you shared. Looked like a great father figure, and very happy!

He is there with you forever now!
Condolences. RIP.
He looks like a well lived life.
Damn the luck Thomas.
Sounds like you were both blessed, may he rest in peace.
Never met the man, but have been fortunate to know some of his best work.

RIP Vic, you did our community more good than you can ever know by the son you raised.

condolences Thomas, a man that casts a shadow that long has to leave a heck of a hole in your heart.

but you'll continue to honor him by being just the man he wanted you to be.
Posted By: las Re: Old School Alaskan Passes... - 06/23/17
A man is remembered by the space he leaves empty when he is gone. Nice tribute, kaboku68.
That's a very nice tribute Thomas, your father sounds like a great man. Our condolences to you and your family..
Sorry for you loss man. I am sure he was very proud of you.
RIP. Our condolences to you and your family.
I'm sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace.
All the best to you and yours. I'm very glad for the times you had.
No tribute to people who matter ever seems quite adequate, but I think you've done well in honoring a good man, a great father - judging from whom he raised, and a real credit to this fine state. RIP Vic, and cherish the memories he shared with you Thomas.
© 24hourcampfire