Home
Any of you guys used this service (alaskashuttle.com)? Cost to Fairbanks is $100. Website looks legit, but it is Alaska ...

Headed up the 10th.
Never used it but it is legit. For $92.00 you could buy a one way with Ravn and get there a lot quicker.
1.5 hr by air

7 hr by road

12 hr by train

pick your preference...prices are similar...sort of, sometimes.
7 hr by road?

Mark- you need a better vehicle! smile
7 hrs would allow for stopping along they way for a leisurely meal, or two.
Just checked Raven, it's $74 for a 1 way ticket and takes a little over an hour but there's not many tickets left. Don't know if I'd want to be stuck in a shuttle with a bunch of strangers either.
Flying would be the way to go, even at double the cost of driving. It's a no brainer when flying is cheaper than driving.
I give a few rides ...if she looks good, only 40 miles south then u will need to catch another for the other 320 miles 😇
Absolutely no question unless you are trying to haul 400 pounds of gear. The best money you can spend here in AK is the $125 Anchoragua to Homer flight; followed closely by the ANC to Kenai or ANC to Fairbanks flight...
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
7 hrs would allow for stopping along they way for a leisurely meal, or two.

Lunch at the Monderosa depending on the timing.

My daughter can make it from Fbx to Keeneye in 8 1/2.
I don't recommend it though.
Originally Posted by ironbender
7 hr by road?

Mark- you need a better vehicle! smile

What can I say? It's a Dodge....it's got good tires and a new fuel pump. That about sums up it's best points. (And a good half of all drivers passing us are younger than she is. laugh )
Well, that was a no-brainer. Never occurred to me to look at airfares. Booked the last Ravn ticket.

Many thanks!
Alaska Air is only $81 depending on the time. Too late though, I guess.
FWIW, Phoenix to Tucson, only 100 miles away, are twice that.
So are you saying it don't suck here?
smile
Yeah, again.
Thanks. wink
© 24hourcampfire