Home
Posted By: m_stevenson Big bull - 09/17/17
A buddy texted a pic of a bull moose shot by another bud near Dillingham. 72 1/2"!
Can't post it till I talk to the hunter, but it's beautiful!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Big bull - 09/17/17
tease.....
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Big bull - 09/17/17
I'm thinking it didn't happen since we all know the oft stated rule. laugh

Then again, assuming pics do arrive here, I would bet my money on big and beautiful not landing on the same screen. Though I like and appreciate either...especially considering that their 'builders' use little more than some tonnage of willow to accumulate those calcium deposits. wink
Posted By: 406_SBC Re: Big bull - 09/17/17
Believe I've seen it, at least I've a transporter friend that shared some pics and info on a 73ish" bull he hauled out 7-10 days ago. It's a fair bull...
Posted By: 1minute Re: Big bull - 09/18/17
That's a bunch of bull.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Big bull - 09/18/17
Originally Posted by 406_SBC
Believe I've seen it, at least I've a transporter friend that shared some pics and info on a 73ish" bull he hauled out 7-10 days ago. It's a fair bull...

Yep. Ive seen it too. Not in person mind you. But a picture of it.

Fair is an understatement. smile
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Big bull - 09/18/17
Lots of people have been fooled by big racks.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Big bull - 09/18/17
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Lots of people have been fooled by big racks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVQhKRTVBk8
Posted By: SCAM - Morgoth - BEWARE! Re: Big bull - 09/18/17
would be nice to see pics of the bull you all are talking about.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Big bull - 09/18/17
We hauled two hunters out yesterday and both of their bulls were over 70", one was 74" I believe. I didn't have a camera on me- sorry , no photos. They're out there
Posted By: dale06 Re: Big bull - 09/18/17
Well, I just returned from 9.5 days on the Hogatza river, an archery hunt. Weather was terrible, river out of its banks in many places as it rose about six feet in my time there.
Saw a dozen plus bulls, a couple 55" or so one about 62" and the rest were sub 40".
Did not get a shot.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Big bull - 09/18/17
Here's a 70 1/4" bull supposedly taken out near Jim Creek.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 79S Re: Big bull - 09/18/17
God help Jim Creek lol every moose hunter will be out there now looking for his brother
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Big bull - 09/18/17
He spent 2 months scouting this bull from the air in an airplane then used an airboat to get close then went in on foot to shoot it. I hate Jim Creek so the moose are safe from me. lol
Posted By: ironbender Re: Big bull - 09/19/17
LOL
Jim Cr is a great place to ride horses though!
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Big bull - 09/19/17
And it's only a tease. 😖
Buddy decided he doesn't want it posted online.
Sorry
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Big bull - 09/19/17
I'm now being told that it wasn't taken near Jim Creek, he said it was because he doesn't want anyone finding out where he took it. Seems like a pretty dumb reason to say it was taken near Jim Creek, I'd have simply said nunya business.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Big bull - 09/22/17
These pics have been making the rounds the last few days. Friggin' dinosaur. Just under 80" I guess.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Big bull - 09/22/17
The smaller one is fantastic. The bigger one does not even look real, it is so gigantic.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Big bull - 09/22/17
Holy crap that is a smoker of a bull. Heck the second one is bigger than any I ever saw in 9 years of moose hunting.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Big bull - 09/26/17
Amazing. Both of them. The bigger is doubly so, not just for its pure width but the proportional size of the palms too. Incredible animals.

How the hell does one get these things back in one piece like that? Esp. if getting them all the way home means the lower 48.
© 24hourcampfire