Home
Posted By: akjeff Damn fine fall day! - 10/01/17
We got most of our pre winter prep work done today in the comfort of a truly fine fall day. Tires swapped, greenhouse winterized, summer stuff stowed away, winter stuff out and ready, etc... Enjoying a cold beer on a warm deck(70F in the semi shade) with The Woman and dog. It most definitely did not suck today! Hope everyone had a great day!

Jeff

https://imgur.com/KRNYDPj
Posted By: ironbender Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/01/17
Pretty dang awesome here on the KP.

Nice view there Jeff!
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/01/17
I spent the day in a swamp cutting up moose... glorious is an understatement!
Posted By: VernAK Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/01/17
A great morning in the blind!

Climate Change has brought us ab abundance of birds that we don't usually see.
Snow Geese [150] are rarely seen here and this is the largest flock ever but UAF reports
fields full of em. I suspect these are coming from Wrangell Island or some area of Siberia.

Another first for me was the sighting of a flock of Pacific Brant......here in Delta.

Geese have been fewer the last several years.

Chicken Hawks galore!

150 head of bison wandering outside the decoys!

Moose cow/calf in every field but no bulls with em yet.

I better get out to the blind......20F.....better put warmer boots on for another great day
in Alaska.
Posted By: akjeff Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/01/17
Looks like today is shaping up to be a beauty as well!

Jeff
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/01/17
Far North seems to have moved past fall

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rost495 Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/01/17
Very nice! Trust Mrs is doing fine?

Just to busy around here with all the flood damage, but if thats the worst we get, it'll be fine.

Jeff
Posted By: ironbender Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/02/17
Overcast here but no GD rain. I need about 2 weeks of yesterday.
Posted By: akjeff Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/02/17
Originally Posted by rost495
Very nice! Trust Mrs is doing fine?

Just to busy around here with all the flood damage, but if thats the worst we get, it'll be fine.

Jeff

Mrs. doing great, thanks. 'nuther great day here! Hope your area heals up from the flooding as well as possible.

Jeff
Originally Posted by ironbender
Overcast here but no GD rain. I need about 2 weeks of yesterday.

Wasn't near as sunny here either Mike, but it were dry! 2 weeks of yesterday, would be awesome!

Jeff
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Far North seems to have moved past fall

[Linked Image]

Damn! Glad to be missing out on that!

Jeff
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/02/17
Went to Seward Sat great day and weather, bay calm and nice in the evening unusual for Seward.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/02/17
Warmed up and melted today, honestly I'd rather it just gets cold and stays cold as the roads are much better up here in the winter.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/02/17
90 degrees today. Much cooler than we have seen lately. It appears that we will be hunting opening day "first weekend in November" in Tshirts again.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/02/17
Not even freezing this morning here in Bettles. Might have rained a little last night but not much
Posted By: rost495 Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/02/17
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
90 degrees today. Much cooler than we have seen lately. It appears that we will be hunting opening day "first weekend in November" in Tshirts again.
Sat and Sunday, opening weekend of bow, was 97 and 97. Screw that. I"ve shot good bucks at 99 on bow opener. But I just have no desire to sit still and sweat in teh shade...
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/03/17
MAGA!!
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/03/17
Sat and Sunday, opening weekend of bow, was 97 and 97. Screw that. I"ve shot good bucks at 99 on bow opener. But I just have no desire to sit still and sweat in teh shade...

Yes Sir! Climate change?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/05/17
Winter coming and the tourists have gone south.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/05/17

Yes Sir! Climate change?

normal variations. I"ve hunted October here when it never got above freezing for over 24 hours, and when its been 100... and all between.

Just not cut out for extended heat anymore though.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/05/17

Yes Sir! Climate change?

normal variations. I"ve hunted October here when it never got above freezing for over 24 hours, and when its been 100... and all between.

Just not cut out for extended heat anymore though.

I remember that, but it was over 20 years ago.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/05/17
20 years ago aint' including man induced climate change.

Its changing. ALways has, always will.

Heck there are even fish around Valdez now days. LOL
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Damn fine fall day! - 10/07/17
Except for the ski areas the mountains are empty in the winter here in Colorado.
© 24hourcampfire