Home
Posted By: 458 Lott Because Alaskans kick ass - 10/03/17
As long as she stays injury free I'm pretty confident she'll be our next Alaskan olympian in the coming years.

[Linked Image]

https://www.adn.com/sports/running/...hoe-triumphs-in-return-to-cross-country/

With one shoe and a chewed up foot she crushes the field by nearly 30 seconds.
Kenai kid.

'Nuff said.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Because Alaskans kick ass - 10/04/17
It's nice to have something positive to talk about. I've seen her crush the field in Alaska when she was running high school cross country. It's impressive when you see a kid that isn't just the best in a given year, but leaves everyone else far, far behind.
Posted By: MLF Re: Because Alaskans kick ass - 10/04/17
That's an athlete with unlimited potential. I hope she gets the coaching, financial and guidance she needs to make it to the olympics and dominate. God bless her.
It did get a little tiring when she was in HS with every sports story about Allie this and Allie that.

She got special consideration to be a two-sport athlete (spring track; soccer) that other kids did not get.

No denying that she's a heckuva runner.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Because Alaskans kick ass - 10/04/17
Awesome. My four year old runs like the wind, is the most competitive kid I have ever seen, and claims to be a cheetah. Can't wait for her to run cross country next year in kindergarten.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Because Alaskans kick ass - 10/04/17
Really nice to see tenacity like that in the young folks today. It seems to be lacking in some.
Originally Posted by rost495
Really nice to see tenacity like that in the young folks today. It seems to be lacking in some.

Actually, it's lacking in a great many. Many kids today would rather spend time in front of the computer or on their smart phones wasting hour after hour on social media. This is much to their detriment and causes multiple social disorders. Many studies have been undertaken which prove this is the case for many youngsters today. Additionally, the "Everyone's a Winner and Everyone Gets a Trophy" mentality the progressives have forced upon us are doing the younger generations no favors.

I agree with you that it is indeed nice to see an individual such as Allie showing interest in competing - and excelling.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Because Alaskans kick ass - 10/04/17
Know essentially nothing of the young lady, but hope she does no lasting damage to herself with excessive competition. Good luck,
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Because Alaskans kick ass - 10/04/17
This might put it in perspective for those who haven't followed her achievements.

As a college freshman she placed 2nd in the NCAA championships. As a 20 year old this summer at the mount marathon race Ally ran the second fast women's time in the history of the 102 year old race. race. The women's record was set in 2015 by Emelie Forsberg who is considered the worlds best female mountain runner. In 2015 the women's record had been unbroken for 20 years, Ally placed second in that race at a pace that was faster than the long standing record.

Most middle to long distance women runners peak in their late 20's to early 30's.

Body fat percentage of about 5?
Posted By: Mjm316 Re: Because Alaskans kick ass - 10/05/17
I'd say 0.5 is probably closer....
© 24hourcampfire