Home
Posted By: las SB91 - 10/22/17
I just read through this on ADN site - have not yet formed an opinion, but this struck me as a "DUH!"

"Alaska's prison population was soaring — it rose by more than one-fourth between 2005 and 2014.

That far outstripped population growth, even as violent crime fell slightly and non-violent crime dropped sharply."

Another thing that doesn't make much sense(at least without further information), is fines instead of jail for shoplifting under $250 value. Much (not all) of that is because the perps don't have money to buy the stuff anyway - so how are they to pay the fines, and what is the penalty if they don't. Or is there one? Warrant and jail, or just another revolving door?

Meanwhile, back at the stores....
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: SB91 - 10/23/17
It's because weed is legal.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: SB91 - 10/23/17
Originally Posted by Clydesdale

No, it's because of the meteoric rise in opioid and meth abuse. The people doing weed aren't and weren't the ones causing the problems.

SB-91 has been an absolute nightmare for us and I curse it (and those who authored and implemented it) daily. It truly is an example of catch-and-release criminal justice..............not that there was all that much 'justice' there to start with..........just sayin'.........
Posted By: atvalaska Re: SB91 - 10/23/17
I talked to the head of this horse...they never even talked to the guy on the ground /that deals with this chit everyday....
Posted By: JWD8310 Re: SB91 - 10/23/17
I’m not from Alaska, but I feel your pain. There are cities around here that won’t book anything but class A or B felonies. Everything is cite and release where they get a court date later down the road. If they fail to appear, they get a warrant that no one will actually try to serve.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: SB91 - 10/23/17
Originally Posted by JWD8310
I’m not from Alaska, but I feel your pain. There are cities around here that won’t book anything but class A or B felonies. Everything is cite and release where they get a court date later down the road. If they fail to appear, they get a warrant that no one will actually try to serve.

It seems everyone wants to push everything into the future (read "Next Administration" ) without providing for the increased costs of that action at every step until "the future."
Posted By: JWD8310 Re: SB91 - 10/23/17
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by JWD8310

It seems everyone wants to push everything into the future (read "Next Administration" ) without providing for the increased costs of that action at every step until "the future."

A few years ago, the sheriff’s seat in the county I worked in was wide open. One of the guys running decided to gather up a bunch of DV warrants and have this big sweep. The local press was notified and they were on hand at the courthouse. We got a stack of 36 warrants and some where over 10 years old. For DV crimes no less. Only three arrests all day and all three were released with future court dates! Waste of time.
Posted By: AKduck Re: SB91 - 10/23/17
"Fines" are pointless and most will never be seen/collected. A revolving door is a nice descriptor and rates are climbing again due the piles of warrants that are issued due to non compliance. Busier than heck with the same people.....day in/day out. The soft touch approach from unicorn land sounds good to the masses but.....
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: SB91 - 10/23/17
Originally Posted by AKduck
"Fines" are pointless and most will never be seen/collected. A revolving door is a nice descriptor and rates are climbing again due the piles of warrants that are issued due to non compliance. Busier than heck with the same people.....day in/day out. The soft touch approach from unicorn land sounds good to the masses but.....

You underestimate the soothing qualities of Unicorn fur on the oppressed!
Posted By: las Re: SB91 - 10/24/17
I thought it was ground horn?
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: SB91 - 10/24/17
Originally Posted by las
I thought it was ground horn?

Uhhhh... different effect!
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: SB91 - 10/24/17
As prisons get more crowded they just need to take the prisoner with the longest sentence and shoot him

1 in 1 out

We don’t need more prisons, we need the will to combat crime
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: SB91 - 10/24/17
Originally Posted by stevelyn

No, it's because of the meteoric rise in opioid and meth abuse. The people doing weed aren't and weren't the ones causing the problems.

SB-91 has been an absolute nightmare for us and I curse it (and those who authored and implemented it) daily. It truly is an example of catch-and-release criminal justice..............not that there was all that much 'justice' there to start with..........just sayin'.........

Well, no [bleep]?

According to the numbers prison populations were "soaring" for years prior to SB91. Apparently it would seem criminals don't follow laws and aren't afraid of some jail time. SB91 isn't even fully implemented and clowns like yourself think that it's the driving force behind the crime. There couldn't be any other factors, because this Brain Trust here hasent thought of any.

I'm surprised you have linked the heroin problem. Most of these idiots tie it to weed.

So the answer all you dim wits have is lock them up with free 3 hots and a cot, healthcare, Interwebs, and cable tv. That will teach them not to steal. Brilliant.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: SB91 - 10/25/17
If SB91 had a provision preventing recourse for back alley justice (covering for your own), then perhaps we could avoid some jail time. Part of the problem is that smart/honest/productive people don't want to get a 'degree' in crime so hope that justice will serve them as it should. Of course, that's rarely the case.

Just about all Alaska residents live along waterways of some sort (and crabs need to eat too.) laugh
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: SB91 - 10/25/17

Well, no [bleep]?

According to the numbers prison populations were "soaring" for years prior to SB91. Apparently it would seem criminals don't follow laws and aren't afraid of some jail time. SB91 isn't even fully implemented and clowns like yourself think that it's the driving force behind the crime. There couldn't be any other factors, because this Brain Trust here hasent thought of any.

I'm surprised you have linked the heroin problem. Most of these idiots tie it to weed.

So the answer all you dim wits have is lock them up with free 3 hots and a cot, healthcare, Interwebs, and cable tv. That will teach them not to steal. Brilliant.

Let's see:
Crime soared...

Many sent up with room and board...

Legislators spent all our money and whored...

"Don't lock them up!" Legislators implored...

So we set the free to the idiots' chord

But too many citizens' butts were bored...

Now we understand why we must lock up the hoard!
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: SB91 - 10/25/17

Let's see:
Crime soared...

'Tis plain to see who's bard tonight. smile
Posted By: stevelyn Re: SB91 - 10/25/17

Well, no [bleep]?

I'm not sure what the answer is, but they need to be locked up somewhere for the adjunct d-baggery they engage in to finance their drug habit. After they're a captive audience, their addictions need to be addressed. However, unless they want to change, no drunk or druggie forced into a rehab program has come out to lead a successful life as a productive citizen.
Posted By: AKduck Re: SB91 - 10/25/17

Well, no [bleep]?

Lots of broad strokes there with that brush from the bleacher seats.
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: SB91 - 10/25/17

Well, no [bleep]?

Let's see:
Crime soared...

Ok, genius.

That fact that it soared for years should tell you that locking them up doesn't result in anything.

Well, no [bleep]?

I'm not sure what the answer is, but they need to be locked up somewhere for the adjunct d-baggery they engage in to finance their drug habit. After they're a captive audience, their addictions need to be addressed. However, unless they want to change, no drunk or druggie forced into a rehab program has come out to lead a successful life as a productive citizen.

Now your not sure what the answer is, but its pay to lock them up, pay to address their addictions for them, but only they can do that on their own.

But SB91 is a "absolute nightmare" that has caused this problem.

Sounds like the liberal answer to a problem. Apply more of the American tax payers dollars and keep making laws.

Well, no [bleep]?

Lots of broad strokes there with that brush from the bleacher seats.

Yeah, the bleacher seat.

Go ask someone for a thought and then come back and try to use it as your own. The best play would be to have that someone not be from your gene pool.
Posted By: AKduck Re: SB91 - 10/25/17
You seem set on being an angry fella. Have a good one.
You seem set on being an angry fella. Have a good one.

I'm calmer than you are. I see you couldn't even steal a thought.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: SB91 - 10/27/17

Well, no [bleep]?

Now your not sure what the answer is, but its pay to lock them up, pay to address their addictions for them, but only they can do that on their own.

But SB91 is a "absolute nightmare" that has caused this problem.

Sounds like the liberal answer to a problem. Apply more of the American tax payers dollars and keep making laws.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong point. I can assure you I'm about as far from liberal as one can get. I never said that SB-91 caused the problem. Opioid and meth abuse IS problem that caused the spike in other criminal activity. SB-91 is a nightmare in regards of how we warehouse them from the rest of society until they either change or get buried.

We need to safeguard the rest of the citizens from their d-baggery. We can either lock them up or shovel dirt on them. And until we can go Judge Dredd on them, this is what we're stuck with.
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: SB91 - 10/27/17
My comprehension is why I can spot liberals like you. Thinking that laws are the answer to stop people that break them. The Government will save us. Spend the American tax paying dollars. Great thinking there, Hillary.

I await any of you experts to show proof that SB91 has done jack [bleep] either way.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: SB91 - 10/28/17
Fahqing moron.......
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: SB91 - 10/28/17
Sometimes peoples thought process boggles my mind. Then I remember ballot measure 2 and makes sense.
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: SB91 - 10/28/17
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Sometimes peoples thought process boggles my mind. Then I remember ballot measure 2 and makes sense.

Don't let personal freedoms scary you. It will be ok, and look on the bright side. At your age you don't have much time left.
Fahqing moron.......

Thanks for not boring me with one single fact to support your fears. I appreciate that.

Lucky for you, you can vote for Walker again and with enough special sessions he should be able to pass enough laws to save you.
Posted By: las Re: SB91 - 10/28/17
Glad to be of service...... smile
Posted By: LoadClear Re: SB91 - 10/28/17
DraftMule,

So what the [bleep] is you're point?

SB91 is a dumb law. yes.

Repeal of SB91 isn't going to make much difference?

Of course not.

So what the fuque are you bitching about?

You're stirring up [bleep] without actually making a point. Shooting people in the face stops them from committing further crimes. So does keeping them locked up. Unfortunately, option 2 is the only option available after the fact.

We all know this, and unless you want to wipe your ass with the Constitution, or catch all these tweakers in the act and shoot them legally, you only have one option, and that is to let the legal system work, and vote for legislators who write laws that make the legal system work best for those of us that follow the laws.

Stop with the phallic compensating.
Posted By: ironbender Re: SB91 - 10/28/17
I'm reminded of the story about a one-trick pony.
Originally Posted by LoadClear
DraftMule,

So what the [bleep] is you're point?

SB91 is a dumb law. yes.

Repeal of SB91 isn't going to make much difference?

Of course not.

So what the fuque are you bitching about?

You're stirring up [bleep] without actually making a point. Shooting people in the face stops them from committing further crimes. So does keeping them locked up. Unfortunately, option 2 is the only option available after the fact.

We all know this, and unless you want to wipe your ass with the Constitution, or catch all these tweakers in the act and shoot them legally, you only have one option, and that is to let the legal system work, and vote for legislators who write laws that make the legal system work best for those of us that follow the laws.

Stop with the phallic compensating.

Well well well, Thanks for sharing this great tid bit of pure genius. And right to the point!!!

Shoot them in the face and keep them locked up!!!!

"...write laws that make the legal system work best for those of us that follow the laws." Uuuummmm ok.

I've mentioned this before and it is in the article, but I can tell you are slow. Under the old law, and now under the new law crime is continuing to go up. That should tell you something there, Hippy.

Apparently in your little world there is a magical law that can be enacted that will stop criminals in their tracks. It's call life in prison for petty crime, keep them locked up. That will solve problems. Unless you are actually one who has to pay for your magical law. Laws will save us all. After all we don't have enough laws on the books already.

You don't want to bring up the Constitution here. People (probably like yourself) are really afraid of Freedom.
Posted By: akjeff Re: SB91 - 10/29/17
OK, so what's your solution to the crime problem?

Jeff
Posted By: ironbender Re: SB91 - 10/29/17
Originally Posted by akjeff

Jeff

Ha!
Good one Jeff!
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: SB91 - 10/29/17

Jeff

The only logical solution. Shoot them in the face, lock them up, and make more laws.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Jeff

Ha!
Good one Jeff!

Simpleton.
Posted By: ironbender Re: SB91 - 10/29/17

Jeff

Ha!
Good one Jeff!

Simpleton.

Said the one trick pony.

Poor form on the dodge to the question.
Posted By: akjeff Re: SB91 - 10/29/17

Jeff

The only logical solution. Shoot them in the face, lock them up, and make more laws.

As expected, you have nothing.

Jeff

Jeff

Ha!
Good one Jeff!

Simpleton.

Said the one trick pony.

Poor form on the dodge to the question.

You have added so much to the conversation I feel like I've been back into a corner.

Jeff

As expected, you have nothing.

Jeff

I'm emarrased to agree with you.

But yes shooting people in the face, locking them up, and more laws really is having nothing.
Posted By: LoadClear Re: SB91 - 10/29/17
Gotta admit DraftMule, you're a pretty good troll.
Posted By: Tsavo Re: SB91 - 10/29/17
SB 91 = Catch & Release. LE against this bill from jump street. Joe Citizen now seeing the folly and experiencing the ramifications of supposed well meaning intentions.
Originally Posted by LoadClear
Gotta admit DraftMule, you're a pretty good troll.

If trolling is asking the clueless clowns around here to put their thinking caps on, then I guess I'm a troll.

Ironlicker, you better go get the smartest person you know. It's the weekend so all the school kids should be available. There is some [bleep] ahead that will totally mind [bleep] a sorry dumb bastard like yourself. God speed.

"...write laws that make the leagel system work best for those of us that follow the laws." This statement here is some next level [bleep] stupidity that takes a true liberal in his little fairy tale land to think up and believe.

More sensible laws to control the law less. Almost sounds like an oxymoron. These same clueless clowns probably are for sensible gun control too. All while claiming they are for gun rights. Evil mother [bleep] right there and one of the reasons we are losing Right in general.

Enforce the plethora of laws already on the books. There is a ton of [bleep] already illegal that shouldn't be.

I've mentioned this to the circus before. The present state of the economy and the dopes has little impact on crime. There isn't any evidence to support that.

It's the governor's fault, the legalization of weed, and SB91. Bravo to the think tank.
Originally Posted by Tsavo
SB 91 = Catch & Release. LE against this bill from jump street. Joe Citizen now seeing the folly and experiencing the ramifications of supposed well meaning intentions.

This is about as deep as your gene pool.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: SB91 - 10/29/17
Enforcing the laws is pointless if you don't punish the criminals for breaking the laws. I can't think of a more basic concept.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I can't think.

That's where you should have started and ended.

You probably think we are winning the war on drugs.
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: SB91 - 11/01/17
Came across this. It doesn't require reading comprehension, so their is a chance you crayon eaters might actually learn something. It's 20 minutes long and it's only audio so not many will make it to the end. There are going to be some big words used, just google them. Spoiler alert: shooting people in the face isn't mentioned. They do talk about reducing crime and prison populations without shooting people in the face or life sentences for petty crime.

Paraphrasing one of the speakers, the idea is save prison for people you are afraid of because they are violent, not people you are mad at for petty [bleep].

Here you go Broke Dicks

This isn't for you narrow minded dumb [bleep], or people that are scared of links. Save your blabbering stupidity about links. I know who the idiots are here, I don't need you to raise your hands.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: SB91 - 11/06/17
fuggin liberal scum

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire