Home
Hi all,

I was told that an outfitter needs to apply for me for the hunt draws for sheep and goats. The outfitter I spoke with told me to send him $100 per application and he will apply me.

I do not know if this is the standard fee or if an outfitter can charge what they want.

Anyone here know? I only want to apply for sheep and goats.

Thanks,
J
It costs $5 per hunt application. You may apply for up to 6 hunts (or one hunt 6 times) or any combination. Then you also have to buy a license.so it costs $220 total to the state for 6 goat hunts and 6 sheep hunts... all 12 can be put on the same web entry in virtually the same time.

Find out what he is charging exactly...
To clarify a bit... six applications per species, maximum.
License is 160 IIRC.

Big changes were made last year and the odds changed completely, so do not try to overthink things...
Thank you Sitka. Sounds like I need to revisit costs/application with outfitter.
Originally Posted by John_Gregori
Thank you Sitka. Sounds like I need to revisit costs/application with outfitter.

If you explained it correctly, that is a rip off.
Not sure which outfitter you are working with, but if things don't work out to your satisfaction and you are looking to put in for Chugach Sheep, let me know, I can help you out.
seems like an odd fee. I’d just charge what the fees are nothing on top of that.
Alaska , the final frontier of needlessly screwing people , lol
Ha and that outfitter might be from Florida!!
$390 was my total for me, wife and kiddo and we are residents. That’s two hunting license system wouldn’t let me buy my daughter one cause she’s still under 18. The usual donations for bison permits, sheep, goat and moose permits. Hopefully draw dc 485 this yr
© 24hourcampfire