Home
Posted By: 79S Last couple yrs - 02/20/18
I noticed the site owner last couple yrs puts in for dm 337 nr moose the chistochena country? Is Art (Sitka deer) taking him back in there hunting? Anyhow who here has hunted that country for moose? One day like to get into that country to see it... all I know is it’s supposed to have one the worse trails in Alaska heck probably in United States lol..
Posted By: ironbender Re: Last couple yrs - 02/20/18
You might try PM to art or sysops.
Posted By: 79S Re: Last couple yrs - 02/20/18
First part was a joke. I’m more curious about folks experience/stories hunting this country. I know snowwolfe hunted that country. It’s certainly not talked about much. Only few hardy souls wander in there. Maybe more go in from the GAKONA side as well.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Last couple yrs - 02/20/18
Originally Posted by 79S
I noticed the site owner last couple yrs puts in for dm 337 nr moose the chistochena country? Is Art (Sitka deer) taking him back in there hunting? Anyhow who here has hunted that country for moose? One day like to get into that country to see it... all I know is it’s supposed to have one the worse trails in Alaska heck probably in United States lol..

Site owner may have issues following simple directions on areas to apply for...

Person giving directions may have given bad info...

Hard to know...

That trail has been tough for quite a long time, but some rigs go through it better than others...

I have not been in there since Red James owned Chistochina Lodge, and that was decades ago.
Posted By: 79S Re: Last couple yrs - 02/21/18
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 79S

Site owner may have issues following simple directions on areas to apply for...

Person giving directions may have given bad info...

Hard to know...

That trail has been tough for quite a long time, but some rigs go through it better than others...

I have not been in there since Red James owned Chistochina Lodge, and that was decades ago.

Lol.. man love to hear some of those stories.. as I said earlier you just don’t hear much about this part of unit 13. I guess the same could be said about the black river country as well..
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Last couple yrs - 02/21/18
Do you know the Hoffmans?
Posted By: 79S Re: Last couple yrs - 02/21/18
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Do you know the Hoffmans?

Nope but some Hoffman’s live down the road from me but I’m going to say not the same Hoffman’s you are talking about..
Posted By: las Re: Last couple yrs - 02/22/18
Art's a great guide. He found Rick some mountain lion on Kodiak once.
Posted By: las Re: Last couple yrs - 02/22/18
I originally posted "cougar" but that might be subject to mis-interpretation.... smile
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Last couple yrs - 02/22/18
Originally Posted by las
I originally posted "cougar" but that might be subject to mis-interpretation.... smile

Actually, funny you should mention that...

The evening on Kodiak when we were accosted from a second-story window as we walked by below and greeted by breasts that nearly reached the street.

Jorge would have found heaven!!!
Originally Posted by las
Art's a great guide. He found Rick some mountain lion on Kodiak once.

Actually, I had nothing to do with finding the cougars... Rick stumbled up from below deck while Scott and I were drinking our 5th or 6th cup of coffee that morning and he found them all by himself on the beach... herds of tawny cougars, herds!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Last couple yrs - 02/22/18

Was that a horny time of year for the cougs?
Originally Posted by ironbender

Was that a horny time of year for the cougs?

No, they had shed them in the winter. It was on the beaches straight across from where we spent most of our time glassing two years ago. Good cougar country apparently...
© 24hourcampfire