Home
Posted By: Ptarmigan Krylon Webbing paint - 03/10/18
Anybody know where to find any up here? I've looked all over for some black webbing paint and can't find it. Want to do some bubba painting on a couple of stocks.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/10/18
Might have to order online. I couldn't find it in my area either.

Buy a couple cans and shoot some on a scrap piece of wood or cardboard to get the feel for how it goes on.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/10/18
Originally Posted by Lonny
Might have to order online. I couldn't find it in my area either.

Buy a couple cans and shoot some on a scrap piece of wood or cardboard to get the feel for how it goes on.

It's hard to get it shipped up here though. Most places I've found won't ship to AK as it's a ground shipping only item.
Posted By: highcountry Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/10/18
I looked high and low around Fairbanks for some about a month ago and finally gave up. JoAnn’s had it in gold but none of the other colors. Found a few places that offered to order it for me, but I’d have to take a case of it.
Posted By: akpls Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/10/18
Last I found was at the West Fred Meyer in Fairbanks. It has been a while (over a year) since I found it though... and it only came in the smaller 4 oz cans.
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/10/18
I bought mine online from Walmart.
Posted By: duchntr Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/10/18
West Marine MIGHT have some
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/11/18
True Value on Muldoon will order it for you! Only place in SC AK I found! They got a couple of cans reasonable. Think its called lava paint same thing as webbing paint.
Posted By: olblue Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/11/18
I got mine at Michel's in Anchorage. --- Mel
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/11/18
Originally Posted by kk alaska
True Value on Muldoon will order it for you! Only place in SC AK I found! They got a couple of cans reasonable. Think its called lava paint same thing as webbing paint.

I'll have to run out there next week and see if I can get some on order. Michaels only sells the gold stuff these days.
I tried all the Michaels from Kenai to Wassila with no luck which store had gold? Only place that could order it was Andys at Muldoon. If you order get a couple and I will buy one off you to help with shipping costs. Need a contrast color for Black or Brown stock.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/11/18
Originally Posted by kk alaska
I tried all the Michaels from Kenai to Wassila with no luck which store had gold? Only place that could order it was Andys at Muldoon. If you order get a couple and I will buy one off you to help with shipping costs. Need a contrast color for Black or Brown stock.

Well you're in luck, I just ordered two cans online from Ace. Shipping was the same for two as it was for one. $20 for two cans of spray paint (with shipping) doesn't really seem like much of a bargain but I'm sure I've paid more for less! grin I'll let you know when they show up. Should be a week or so.
I looked everywhere in AK, can,t order it as its Hazmat via Amazon. So its a bargain at $10 and is the only game in town. Michaels used to carry it now they don,t Fred Meyers or Wall Mart wont carry or order it looked every where. As usual Andy,s gets it done! Great Store!!!!

They also have Grey Marine Tex in large size!

Kurt
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/12/18
As a kid i lived directly above Andy's in a house that burned down about 15 years ago...

It was a cool store in the '60s.
Posted By: killerv Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/12/18
Ace hardware carries the black, free shipping to store if you have one near by.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Krylon Webbing paint - 03/12/18
Originally Posted by killerv
Ace hardware carries the black, free shipping to store if you have one near by.

That’s where I ordered it from. No free shipping to the store for AK customers though (with hazmat anyways). They do give us a 70% break on it.
© 24hourcampfire