Home
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/cri...ng-an-suv-in-south-anchorage-police-say/

The question comes up about why she was there at 1AM and was this truly a random shooting.

Crime & Courts
Woman hospitalized after she was shot while driving an SUV in South Anchorage, police say

A woman was hospitalized early Monday after being shot multiple times while driving an SUV on West Dimond Boulevard near Minnesota Drive in Anchorage, police said.

Police said the woman, who wasn't identified, was shot from another vehicle around 12:30 a.m.

The victim is expected to survive. "Her injuries don't appear to be life threatening," said MJ Thim, a police spokesman.

No arrests had been made as of Monday morning, and few details were available.

According to a statement from Anchorage police, "a white sedan and a red (Chevrolet Tahoe) were westbound on Dimond Blvd. When the vehicles were stopped at the intersection, someone from the sedan shot the SUV multiple times and struck the driver. Both vehicles drove off."

Police found the woman, who was driving the SUV in the 8700 block of Flamingo Drive, near Dimond High School. She had "multiple gunshot wounds to the lower and upper body," police wrote. Police didn't say how she was found.

Police are asking anyone with information about what happened to call police dispatch at 311 or to call Crime Stoppers at 907-561-STOP.

Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly described the 8700 block of Flamingo Drive as being near South High School.
dang! close to home for you. tough AK woman, there to take multiple hits and be OK.
All depends on the cartridge... and location! Location! Location!
I don't even watch the local news here any more.... lotsa killin' with guns and knives these days. I need to get a VA carry permit and a .45
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
All depends on the cartridge... and location! Location! Location!

skAnchorage is known for its random douchebaggery outside the obvious locations.

Always be armed. Always be aware of who and what is around you.
People are animals.....
What's the big deal? It happens in Shreveport, La. all the time. Not to mention a dozen other cities you can name.
A friend was witness to one here in Anchorage within the last few months in the middle of the day.

This one was just after midnight. You have to wonder if it was truly random...
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
What's the big deal? It happens in Shreveport, La. all the time. Not to mention a dozen other cities you can name.

This did not used to be Shrevesport. But it is getting closer all the time.
Nothing good happens after midnite...
Originally Posted by sharpsguy

In Louisiana the 1st rule of Gun Safety is : Don't be without it.

I believe that Baton Rouge, per capita, leads the nation, presently. It's one of those schtttholes Trump was talking about, I think.

Dude... 12:30 AM might as well be the 12:30 PM right now. I don't understand all the casting of aspersions based on time of day.

I drove within a block of there 4 hours earlier. The wife and daughter 3 hours earlier.
Originally Posted by cwh2

Dude... 12:30 AM might as well be the 12:30 PM right now. I don't understand all the casting of aspersions based on time of day.

I drove within a block of there 4 hours earlier. The wife and daughter 3 hours earlier.

Well, like I said, what were YOU doing out that late?!?!

wink
If I remember right the sun comes up at about that time. in the summer time it never seemed to get dark to me.
12:30 am is full light here right now ... and according to our mayor we are safe as long as we are home in bed at that time.
Crime rate has gone up since I left. You'd of thought it would've gone down. whistle
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Crime rate has gone up since I left. You'd of thought it would've gone down. whistle

😆

I got it, slacker... smile
Originally Posted by las

I got it, slacker... smile

wink
© 24hourcampfire