Home
#2 on a list of states that spend the most on welfare per capita. crazy

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/states-that-spend-the-most-on-welfare
I would bet that single mothers get a huge bite of it too,,not to mention the young men who walk up and down the village & city streets smoking nonstop.
Bums, unth generation recipients, lost jobs and lives everywhere......unfortunately, alot of our Military get foodstamps and such too....things are tough all over.

With more long-term projects, new oil fields, lower Fed Tax's, a return of industries from overseas and the military getting better funding, there might be a better tomorrow, here in AK.
Some of the reason may be that Alaska has went from one of the richest states in the union to a state in a constant budget crisis. The Republican party has controlled state politics in Juneau for the most of the last 24 years during this decline.

For example the democrats have not had majority control of the state senate since 1978.
Democrats have not controlled the state house since 1994.
And the last democrat to be governor left office in 2002.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_Alaska

Maybe it's time for a change, republicans have had more than enough opportunity to fix this mess.
Originally Posted by waterrat
I would bet that single mothers get a huge bite of it too,,not to mention the young men who walk up and down the village & city streets smoking nonstop.

All while staring at the latest fone.
Originally Posted by Akhutr
Some of the reason may be that Alaska has went from one of the richest states in the union to a state in a constant budget crisis. The Republican party has controlled state politics in Juneau for the most of the last 24 years during this decline.

For example the democrats have not had majority control of the state senate since 1978.

Maybe it's time for a change, republicans have had more than enough opportunity to fix this mess.

You got to be [bleep] me.. is your name Mark begich??

Yup. We need a change.

Need to get rid of Seaton, Gabby Ledoosh, and Walker for starters.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Yup. We need a change.

Need to get rid of Seaton, Gabby Ledoosh, and Walker for starters.

Don't be so mean toward my friend gabby! She did me a huge favor once...
You misunderstand. That wasn't mean. Ya wanna see mean? wink

Oil back above 100$ a barrel would kick start the state, but Im pretty happy were in the 5$ per gallon range at the pumps, rather than the 7.85$ the last 12 or so years......
Originally Posted by Caribou

Oil back above 100$ a barrel would kick start the state, but Im pretty happy were in the 5$ per gallon range at the pumps, rather than the 7.85$ the last 12 or so years......

The problem for the state is the numerator... not near as many barrels as there used to be...

What did she ever do TO you?
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Obviously, not what she did you? πŸ˜€
Coincidentally, I was just talking to Don about cats, dragging, and open doors.
Originally Posted by bearhuntr

Obviously, not what she did you? πŸ˜€

She saved me a very large sum of money, or cost me a very large sum, attitude and sobriety dependent.
Posted your bail?
Posted your bail?

Not THAT time!
Well, adios Mallot! (It’s a start.)
Originally Posted by Caribou

The problem for the state is the numerator... not near as many barrels as there used to be...

True that. But Walker's LNG pipeline will fix it all. smile I think it's high time Alaska finds other source of revenue, and they can do it without an income or sales tax.
© 24hourcampfire