Home
Posted By: kk alaska Bear issues on Kodiak - 10/30/18
Sounds like bad Salmon runs and hungry bears !

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/162141-Kodiak-deer-and-a-update-on-the-BEARS!
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Bear issues on Kodiak - 10/30/18
Bears were everywhere over there this summer due to very low water in all the creeks. Bears had trouble finding fish until the rains came. Lots of silvers there now and some very dark fish with sea lice!

Not in line with what fishermen I know over there are saying, at all.

functional link to KK's thread
Must be in an area with only dogs and humpies.
Posted By: powderburner Re: Bear issues on Kodiak - 11/02/18
South Road system only had fish in lake rose read last week No fish elsewhere. Zero eagles along the roads either. Heard guys in the ocean were picking up some. Talked with a guy outa old harbor, no fish in the rivers down there either. Rivers I saw had no bones or flattened grass either. Gets pinks dogs and silvers normally. Halibut fishing has been really slow as well. Maybe tied together.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Bear issues on Kodiak - 11/02/18
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Bears were everywhere over there this summer due to very low water in all the creeks. Bears had trouble finding fish until the rains came. Lots of silvers there now and some very dark fish with sea lice!

I remember catching bright silvers in the Buskin as late as November 3 one year, but then there are years where you get fish maturing in the salt, too.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Bear issues on Kodiak - 11/02/18
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I remember catching bright silvers in the Buskin as late as November 3 one year, but then there are years where you get fish maturing in the salt, too.

This year there are a lot of very dark silvers with sea lice...
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Bear issues on Kodiak - 11/02/18
might have to throw away the fish and eat the lice....
flied, maybe..
Posted By: powderburner Re: Bear issues on Kodiak - 11/02/18
Flied I believe is best. Good choice.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Bear issues on Kodiak - 11/02/18
You both clazy!
Posted By: 14Homer Re: Bear issues on Kodiak - 01/23/19
We did okay fishing in Kodiak this year. The number of reds was down but you could still catch them. They didn't increase the limit this year though. We caught all of our kings and silvers this year trolling. Some days weren't good but some days we were throwing back kings to try and catch bigger ones. Catching your 5 silvers was no big deal for about 6 weeks. They stop for dinner before they go up the rivers. The fishing depends a lot on when the bait comes in towards shore. There were bears in town, one walked down the road in front of my house, but most were on the other side of town from me. The rivers were very low, some of the small ones completely dried up for a while.
© 24hourcampfire