Home
Posted By: Calvin Dunleavy - 11/08/18
So is he going to give us back the robbed PFDs?
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Dunleavy - 11/08/18
I do not believe he can, either through the ruse used by Walker or a legit route. He can go forward and not stop them as Walker did.

Seeing Dunleavey stop the gas line idiocy Walker has been wasting money on would be a great start. Virtually none of that money would have been spent in-state.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Dunleavy - 11/08/18
I believe only the legislature can do that via appropriation. Ala Palin's energy bonus payment.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Dunleavy - 11/08/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ironbender Re: Dunleavy - 11/08/18
πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘ŒπŸΏ
Posted By: Alaska Re: Dunleavy - 11/10/18
I don't expect the PFD to be returned.
But I do hope he reinstates the full PFD.
He has a big job ahead to fix this state I voted for him.
Our state like our Federal Gov needs to get a handle on spending and work within a budget.
More people leaving this state than coming in.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Dunleavy - 11/10/18
Originally Posted by Alaska
Our state like our Federal Gov needs to get a handle on spending and work within a budget.

The recent drop in oil prices certainly won't make it any easier.
Posted By: las Re: Dunleavy - 11/10/18
I don't think he can "refund". "lost" dividend amounts. Legislature might be able to. I'm agin it, myself. Bad precedent.

Had a neighbor lady over for dinner a couple nights ago. Staunch Democrat, hates Trump. She was adamant that the PF was set up solely to provide dividends, not to fund anything else.

Would not believe me when I told her it was set up to fund government when the oil ran out, and the dividend thing came years later out of the earnings of investment.

And these people have a vote..... no sense of history, only entitlement.
Posted By: 358wsm Re: Dunleavy - 11/10/18
Originally Posted by las

..no sense of history, only entitlement.

Posted By: 79S Re: Dunleavy - 11/10/18
Originally Posted by las
I don't think he can "refund". "lost" dividend amounts. Legislature might be able to. I'm agin it, myself. Bad precedent.

Had a neighbor lady over for dinner a couple nights ago. Staunch Democrat, hates Trump. She was adamant that the PF was set up solely to provide dividends, not to fund anything else.

Would not believe me when I told her it was set up to fund government when the oil ran out, and the dividend thing came years later out of the earnings of investment.

You sure do hang out with a lot liberal democrats.. you might want to find some new friends or stop inviting known liberals to house for dinner.
Posted By: las Re: Dunleavy - 11/10/18
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by las

You sure do hang out with a lot liberal democrats.. you might want to find some new friends or stop inviting known liberals to house for dinner.

Know thy enema.
Posted By: 79S Re: Dunleavy - 11/10/18
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by las

Know thy enema.

Very true at least you know what they are thinking.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Dunleavy - 11/10/18
The late Wynn Vickerman (in-line bullet seater inventor and manufacturer) held various seats in the D party specifically to know what they were planning. He lived in Ellensburg, WA.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Dunleavy - 11/13/18

Well teach, my understanding is that the money is intact and sitting in a separate account. The legislature was not able to spend a dime of the funds. So all they have to do is move it and write checks.The money was taken completely out of the Permanent Fund where it was drawing huge interest and dumped into a separate account and was not squandered as intended. Thanks to one of them there state statutes they was trying to get around.

Bad precedent indeed whistle

Posted By: stevelyn Re: Dunleavy - 11/14/18
Originally Posted by Alaska

I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. All too often, those coming in tend to bring unacceptable baggage with them. We need the population to get knocked back to about 500k. We worked better with a smaller population.

In the immortal words of Curly Bill, "Well...............bye."

Even Gov. Hammond stated that we didn't want the PFD to be bait that brought too many people up here. I think we need a string of brutally cold winters that runs the non-hacker riff-raff back down to their L48 holes.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Dunleavy - 11/14/18
The problem with people leaving is that they are being replaced by liberal Democrats from Kalifornia, Portland and Seattle.
Posted By: WDH Re: Dunleavy - 11/14/18
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
The problem with people leaving is that they are being replaced by liberal Democrats from Kalifornia, Portland and Seattle.

Interesting. My business deals with a lot of people that recently moved to AK and I would place CA and WA near the bottom of the list of states new residents are coming from...
Posted By: ironbender Re: Dunleavy - 11/14/18
What is your business and what are the top three states?
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Dunleavy - 11/22/18

More like SE Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Dunleavy - 11/22/18
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

More like SE Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe.

Amen......and now they are up here in the fall....looking for anything that resembles protein!

Further on Dunleavy.......it appears to me that the Senate is lining up against him......more
RINOs in action.
© 24hourcampfire