Home
Posted By: Caribou Going to work.....or not... - 02/03/19
A funny thing happened on the way to work today.

We left a breezy home, and drove to this,
[Linked Image]
its not a hill, its a solid wall of blowing snow. So we went 1 more mile, and couldnt see 20 feet.
It was blowing so hard it took a hell of a snowgo chase to catch up to a dropped glove, and we were worried when they took a while to get back, as we couldnt see them after 10 seconds....as well the wife basket sled was blown over at least 3 times...

Although we know this place like most do their town, we know when to turn back, and we couldn't see our tracks, they blew away as we made them, so we used the last light of our brief day to find the rivers Emonocrov channel mouth, my wife owns these lands, and dropped our sleds at the river mouth, tied to willows to stay put.........and went home.

[Linked Image]
There's tomarrow. 55mph winds, and a standing -6f before windchill.

Theres a smile under that neckwarmer, yours truely to boot..... laugh After 30 years of this, nothing bugs me much.
[Linked Image]
Sometimes a fella just has to throw in the towel and try again the next day. Looks kinda burly. Hope the winds settle down for ya.
I really appreciate you sharing the pictures and lifestyle.
Thank you,
Jason
Good stuff sir, thank you.

-Jake
Yah, rough weather earlier, still is. I had two sleds packed last night, ready to hit the trail today, then that wall of snow. I'm not sure, but it had to have been at least 50 mph gusts. The dog's dishes were blowing away, had to gather em up. Yep, always tomorrow and hopefully the trail is ok, heading inland.
Posted By: las Re: Going to work.....or not... - 02/05/19
Knowing when to back-off is "A Valuable Piece of Information"! smile
Survivors.
© 24hourcampfire