Home
Posted By: 79S You Kenai boys - 02/05/19
When you boys going to get Knopp straightened out. Ol crazy ph uck was on 650 am last week, claiming people were in favor of him what he was doing by 10-1. Of course us folks that believe the sky is blue know he's full of chit. Thanks district 30 for delivering a turd to Juneau...
Posted By: las Re: You Kenai boys - 02/05/19
2 weeks- nothing done. He ain't the only turd. An accurate assesment, tho.

They should be paid by the day, if not jobber rate. 90 day limit, no per diem after that.
Posted By: 79S Re: You Kenai boys - 02/05/19
Originally Posted by las
2 weeks- nothing done. He ain't the only turd. An accurate assesment, tho.

They should be paid by the day, if not jobber rate. 90 day limit, no per diem after that.

They can't do nothing until they get the house organized. And good ol knopp isn't on board.. have you read his plan, that guy is phu cking nuts.
Posted By: ironbender Re: You Kenai boys - 02/05/19
Since nothng had been done, Including doing something so they can get something done, they shouldn't be collecting per diem at a minimum.
Posted By: 79S Re: You Kenai boys - 02/05/19
They can't even start a recall on him until after this 120 day session is up.
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: You Kenai boys - 02/05/19
Ya, it sure vas da bummer ya.šŸ˜”
I blame it on all of the people that didnā€™t vote for Pat Paulson...

Have known Gary for 15 years. We donā€™t chat much anymore as he well knows now that I am one of the 1ā€™s in your quoted statement of ā€œ10 to1ā€ Letā€™s just say I encouraged him to get with the program and grow some tusks rather than sitting on his Ass...
Posted By: Music_Man Re: You Kenai boys - 02/05/19
Move the capital so we can go and boo them!
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: You Kenai boys - 02/05/19
Originally Posted by Music_Man
Move the capital so we can go and boo them!

Ain't that the truth!
Posted By: 1Akshooter Re: You Kenai boys - 02/12/19
Alaska's Legislature does what it does because the majority of Alaskan's can't watch them in person due to the logistics of getting to Juneau. The Capital should be some where in the Anchorage/Matsu Valley where the majority of the population is. It should be done in increments, first move the Legislature, then the rest of state government. If it takes 5 years we would still be better off. Please don't think it would cost to much, it would be and investment in Alaska's future.

I know it will impact Juneau, I am sorry for that, but the rest of the states population has suffered for to long and it is to costly for the rest of the state not to have access to the Legislature when in session. It would give some motivation to those "get nothing done" legislators.
Posted By: ironbender Re: You Kenai boys - 02/12/19
Start selling the idea. How many times has it been on the ballot?
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: You Kenai boys - 02/12/19
Just the savings in travel and housing costs would be huge...

Do to Juneau the same thing it has been doing to the rest of the state.
Posted By: ironbender Re: You Kenai boys - 02/13/19
Great idea.

Get it on the ballot.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: You Kenai boys - 02/13/19
I never understood why the capital is still in Juneau, the only explanation I can think of is that itā€™s logistically tough for the citizens of the state to have input into their state government. We all know that politicians find their constituents to be nothing but a pain in the ass and by being sequestered in an area that they know will be considerably tougher to get to they donā€™t have to deal with the people they represent.

If the capital was moved it would make Juneau a decent place to live. I liked Juneau the times Iā€™ve been there but by virtue of it being the seat of government I thought it was too tainted to want to live there. I do enjoy wasting my time at the Red Dog Saloon especially in the off season when the cruise ships arenā€™t around. If I was single Iā€™d probably have a different opinion since cruise ship ports of call are always good for a fun time with single women looking for some temporary companionship.

Thereā€™s no logical reason for the capital to be so far removed from the citizens.
Posted By: ironbender Re: You Kenai boys - 02/13/19
Congress decided the capital to be moved from Sitka to Juneau in 1900. It was moved in 1906.

There was no big city where anch is now and way before valley pioneers arrived.

Voters have voted 3? Times to move the capital but the funding has never passed a vote.

So there it sits.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: You Kenai boys - 02/13/19
Originally Posted by ironbender
Great idea.

Get it on the ballot.

Juneau is a poor fishing village. Without the capitol being there, the residents wouldn't know how to chew their food properly.
Posted By: akmtnrunner Re: You Kenai boys - 02/13/19
If moved, I pity the place the capital squared it's britches over.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: You Kenai boys - 02/13/19
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
Alaska's Legislature does what it does because the majority of Alaskan's can't watch them in person due to the logistics of getting to Juneau. The Capital should be some where in the Anchorage/Matsu Valley where the majority of the population is. It should be done in increments, first move the Legislature, then the rest of state government. If it takes 5 years we would still be better off. Please don't think it would cost to much, it would be and investment in Alaska's future.

I know it will impact Juneau, I am sorry for that, but the rest of the states population has suffered for to long and it is to costly for the rest of the state not to have access to the Legislature when in session. It would give some motivation to those "get nothing done" legislators.

Watch Gavel To Gavel and make a list.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: You Kenai boys - 02/13/19
Congress decided the capital to be moved from Sitka to Juneau in 1900. It was moved in 1906.

Voters have voted 3? Times to move the capital but the funding has never passed a vote.

So there it sits.

The reason the move has failed the funding votes is the legislature "tried" to scare everyone each time by appropriating far more money than required to scare voters. It worked.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: You Kenai boys - 02/18/19
We can't afford not to move the rotten bastards.
Posted By: VernAK Re: You Kenai boys - 02/18/19
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

So there it sits.

The reason the move has failed the funding votes is the legislature "tried" to scare everyone each time by appropriating far more money than required to scare voters. It worked.

And the Juneau Chamber of Commerce paid a lot of bar tabs.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: You Kenai boys - 02/19/19
Originally Posted by VernAK
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

So there it sits.

And the Juneau Chamber of Commerce paid a lot of bar tabs.

Hic... Whaz dat your sayn?
Posted By: sse Re: You Kenai boys - 02/27/19

So there it sits.

i was wondering about that because i'm in the middle of a book discussing the situation, after a vote to move, but haven't gotten to the part about why it never happened, so thanks for spoiling it for me
Posted By: ironbender Re: You Kenai boys - 02/27/19
SPOILER ALERT!!
oh look at you gloat, like no other
It's on the innanet. Might not be true.

Continue reading to verify. Report back.
Or maybe I saved you a few pages. wink
a simple i'm sorry would have sufficed... smirk
Ok, have it your way.

You're sorry! wink
i'm gonna report this tirade to loonie, and he won't be happy
Just don't tell that SOB Bin.