Home
Posted By: kk alaska Kodiak Brown Bear Hunt Video - 03/26/19
Like the quality of the video and the hunt , quite the hunter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBg-ZDQOIAI

Krimson Trail home page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyh9gDhNX3F73fEFvv0Aebw/featured
Some very nice footage there.

One of these days,I'm gonna quit procrastinating and go to Alaska...as it seems like you boys get to have ALL the fun!....................
Thoroughly enjoyed that video!

Thanks, Guy
Good show, girl! I thought I recognized her from when we lived in Kodiak, when they showed her dad at the end, I was sure of it. She was barely a teenager when we left there. She sure put some good hits on that bear! The one earlier on, that she said was the biggest she had ever seen, I can believe that. It was as big as the biggest I ever saw, but mine was over at Hallo Bay, near where Treadwell became bear poop years ago.
Cool video.. congrats to the hunter!
Sure helps to see these gems wading through some of the nonsense we see posted.

Appreciate you sharing this video, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Nice video. Thanks for posting.

I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing!
I’ll have to watch it all later when I’m on WiFi but I had to click to look. My my that girl has grown up, I’ve known her and her folks since she was a tot. Shot my first black tail with her dad. I haven’t talked to them in a few years and had no idea what she was up to. Very cool
Brian look at her home page lots more videos. Kurt
Ironbender, how did you post that? I can post the link to the video but not the video?
He is a smart lad, a lot smarter than he looks.
smile
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Ironbender, how did you post that? I can post the link to the video but not the video?

Use the full editor; copy the video link into the youtube selection.

Hell, I did that on my tablet!! crazy
Fantastic video. I’ll check out her page. Thanks for sharing
Nice. That will motivate a guy to go bear hunting.
While there was some great footage, I had to laugh....

Chambering a round, using the rifle for a walking stick...

Wood/blued......

No copious amounts of tape....

Either she's a beeg corn husker, or that's a tiny bear.....

It appears Alaskans a recall the same, stuck in a miserable world and full of shiit.....
Originally Posted by Judman
While there was some great footage, I had to laugh....

Chambering a round, using the rifle for a walking stick...

Wood/blued......

No copious amounts of tape....

Either she's a beeg corn husker, or that's a tiny bear.....

It appears Alaskans a recall the same, stuck in a miserable world and full of shiit.....

Your posts are far more interesting prior to you hitting the bottle.
Find me mistaken.....
Find me mistaken.....

Ha! I've no misery and no need to live in a world of [bleep]. Matter of fact, I figure I've got it pretty damn good. Don't tell anyone though, we've got enough people up here already.
I laugh over everything, but chambering a round, and pointing that snout towards her head and everything else with a hot snout....m all the other shiit is stuff is what you stupid fuucking Alaskans tout, but she shows isn't necessary like most that get outta there driveway already know... sorry for a "model" ruining the Alaskan reputation..... grin
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Find me mistaken.....

Ha! I've no misery and no need to live in a world of [bleep]. Matter of fact, I figure I've got it pretty damn good. Don't tell anyone though, we've got enough people up here already.

Anchorage is "good"??? Lmfao
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Find me mistaken.....

Anchorage is "good"??? Lmfao

Beats the phuuck outta living in Washington state. At least I can drive to Alaska in an hour or so, and I'm not ruled by Seattle.
Boy, anchorage is way different than Seattle!!! Suppose you get after it like the rest of the dummies up there..... Haha
Boy, anchorage is way different than Seattle!!! Suppose you get after it like the rest of the dummies up there..... Haha

I sure do, and I don't have to ask my buddies for a ride either.
Feel free to chamber a round, and use your rifle as a walking stick, and post 200 lb brownies as a trophy...... Don't forget to streeeeetch that hide!!! Haha
Every state has idiots!!! Don't judge a state by their idiots!!
very good video to watch ! nice to see a young lady that likes to hunt too ! nice bear also
Feel free to chamber a round, and use your rifle as a walking stick, and post 200 lb brownies as a trophy...... Don't forget to streeeeetch that hide!!! Haha

Please tell us of your experience hunting brown bears. Surely, you've got plenty running off at the keyboard as you are.
I may well have scratched my big-bear itch two years ago... But watching that "from the boat" hunt sure made it look like a great option for hunting brownies! I could see doing something like that, Kodiak or elsewhere.

Beautiful hide on that bear she got. Most of the coastal brownies I've seen have more of a darker brown or reddish brown coat.

Guy
Originally Posted by Cascade
I may well have scratched my big-bear itch two years ago... But watching that "from the boat" hunt sure made it look like a great option for hunting brownies! I could see doing something like that, Kodiak or elsewhere.

Beautiful hide on that bear she got. Most of the coastal brownies I've seen have more of a darker brown or reddish brown coat.

Guy

They darken as they age, generally...

I have spent many months hunting Kodiak from a boat and it is the best way to go.
Originally Posted by pabucktail

Please tell us of your experience hunting brown bears. Surely, you've got plenty running off at the keyboard as you are.

And certainly on Kodiak, I'm sooo sure.
Content\editing very cool, if using a loaded rifle like a walking stick muzzleup, and a 300 lb "kodiak" is cool, then ya, kudos...
So you've never hunted brown bears yourself? As if it's a big deal that someone shoots an animal on day fifteen of a hunt they might not shoot on day one. Big deal. Your criticism makes you seem petty and mean spirited. Maybe that's not your intent?
Content\editing very cool, if using a loaded rifle like a walking stick muzzleup, and a 300 lb "kodiak" is cool, then ya, kudos...

And again....

Maybe a time to educate???.....
Originally Posted by pabucktail
So you've never hunted brown bears yourself? As if it's a big deal that someone shoots an animal on day fifteen of a hunt they might not shoot on day one. Big deal. Your criticism makes you seem petty and mean spirited. Maybe that's not your intent?

Then again....
Anyone know what caliber she was shooting?

Adrenalin + hike up the hill + offhanded, she did good.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Read elsewhere that it's a 300 mag of some sort, maybe Weatherby?

Guy

Chamber a round, use a loaded rifle for a walking stick...what could go WRONG??

That "music" required ear pro.
Great video! It's been twenty one years since the last time I've been hunting or fishing in Alaska. Sure would like one more trip there with my old buds before I'm done.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Read elsewhere that it's a 300 mag of some sort, maybe Weatherby?

Guy

Unless they’ve turned a new leaf it was a 300wby. They were/are huge fans. She had a Vanguard and her dad a MKV I screwed a new barrel on a few years ago
Refreshing! Bet all the Brown Bear guides wish their clients could shoot like that.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Guy

I have spent many months hunting Kodiak from a boat and it is the best way to go.

Guy

Guy

Zero months spent hunting brown bear from a boat, and I endorse this viewpoint wholeheartedly.
We need young women like her taping their hunts. And quite a lady too. There is some things she shouldn't do and no it was not a gib bear , but a legal one and it was tagged so good for her. Some negative comments here are uncalled for however, and some wonder why so many young people stop hunting.
© 24hourcampfire